Kings trade rumor SZN 2023-2024 edition!

Oh yeah. We’d need to add at least one 1st rounder to even get the conversation started. I don’t think any of those guys have much value around the league at this point. They all are probably around neutral to 2nd rounder value.

Regarding Williams, it’s the defensive side of the ball where he’s made noticeable improvements. His DEF DPM is +0.70 and his DEF EPM is +1.6. DPM tends to be my go-to these days and it has some cool visuals that trend their performance over time to get a sense of how a player may be trending. Below is Patrick Williams' trend:

View attachment 12271

And this is his trend for DEF DPM:

View attachment 12272

It looks like he's on an upward trend and might be a good candidate to target before he becomes too expensive.
Have you heard the Bulls want to move on from him? I can’t really think of a reason they would considering his improvement on the defensive end and he is averaging 14 a game in December. Proven at least on the low volume level to be a good shooter.

Have you heard the Bulls want to move on from him? I can’t really think of a reason they would considering his improvement on the defensive end and he is averaging 14 a game in December. Proven at least on the low volume level to be a good shooter.
The only logical reason I can think of is if they’re wanting to do a full rebuild. And since Williams is a RFA this off-season, maybe they’d prefer to avoid paying him a larger pay day if they’re heading into a rebuild.

If I were them, I’d probably want to hang on to Williams and tear it all down. You have to pay someone and it doesn’t get much better than giving that larger paycheck to a 22/23 year old when you’re rebuilding.

I think another SG/PF trade pairing could also be Royce O’Neale/Cam Johnson & Dorian Finney-Smith (I’m still not convinced that Johnson couldn’t defend SGs ;)). O’Neale being an expiring is more of a concern. Would hate to just see him walk for nothing.

hrdboild

Moloch in whom I dream Angels!
Staff member
Matisse Thybulle was at the top of my wish list in the off-season so I'm still on board with trying to get him in a trade. Patrick Williams is the type of long switchable combo forward who would really help our team defense. I like both of those ideas (though I'm less sold on Jerami Grant being an asset at this point in his career and with his current contract).

If we're looking at the SG position again, DeAnthony Melton is a stud defender and set to be a free agent soon. I don't know if Philly has prioritized bringing him back or not... but maybe they'd be interested in swapping for Kevin Huerter (with expiring salaries thrown in to make the trade legal).

Matisse Thybulle was at the top of my wish list in the off-season so I'm still on board with trying to get him in a trade. Patrick Williams is the type of long switchable combo forward who would really help our team defense. I like both of those ideas (though I'm less sold on Jerami Grant being an asset at this point in his career and with his current contract).

If we're looking at the SG position again, DeAnthony Melton is a stud defender and set to be a free agent soon. I don't know if Philly has prioritized bringing him back or not... but maybe they'd be interested in swapping for Kevin Huerter (with expiring salaries thrown in to make the trade legal).
I don’t think the Sixers will want to take on salary so they can maybe make moves with cap space but I wonder if Melton could be signed for the mid level if we end up making a Barnes Huerter swap for a forward. I’m not sure what kind of deal he will be seeking but he is a great target

After listening to Sam Amick on Carmichael Daves show I have renewed interest in Matisse Thybulle.
He seems a more plausible trade target than many of the circulating names and would provide that much needed defence at a decent price. He’s only 26 which surprised me.
Curious what Portland might consider a reasonable exchange.

After listening to Sam Amick on Carmichael Daves show I have renewed interest in Matisse Thybulle.
He seems a more plausible trade target than many of the circulating names and would provide that much needed defence at a decent price. He’s only 26 which surprised me.
Curious what Portland might consider a reasonable exchange.
yeh he’s probably number one on my list and according to Sam it sounds like he would be liked to be moved. Compensation is tough though. Looking at their roster they are loaded up with young players and even more coming with a high pick this year, what they really need is picks for future flexibility. The problem is we don’t have any extra laying around. If we trade a first round pick we would only have one or two more left to trade going forward. We are probably 2 pieces away from competing so that gets tough. The proposed trade for Grant/Thybulle in this thread might be favorite so far but i personally don’t think it happens for 1 first unless we get a third team involved like Orlando and some more assets can go Portlands way.

Wow. Masai’s plan actually worked out. There’s nothing the Kings could’ve offered unless it was Keegan and a bunch of picks.

If I’m Toronto, I think I’d rather have RJ + IQ. I’m not an RJ believer, but a change of scenery and playing for his city could make him DeRozan pt. 2.

IQ is a stud who might have the real untapped “LaVine” potential people think Monk has. At minimum, he’s a 6MOY candidate every year.

Good haul for Toronto.

I can see why the Knicks did this. They were never going anywhere else than a 1st round exit with that team. RJ never made a huge jump, and IQ will be a FA, but they already have Hart and Donte locked up to deals.

Wow. Masai’s plan actually worked out. There’s nothing the Kings could’ve offered unless it was Keegan and a bunch of picks.

If I’m Toronto, I think I’d rather have RJ + IQ. I’m not an RJ believer, but a change of scenery and playing for his city could make him DeRozan pt. 2.

IQ is a stud who might have the real untapped “LaVine” potential people think Monk has. At minimum, he’s a 6MOY candidate every year.

Good haul for Toronto.

I can see why the Knicks did this. They were never going anywhere else than a 1st round exit with that team. RJ never made a huge jump, and IQ will be a FA, but they already have Hart and Donte locked up to deals.
It’s not that good of a deal for them Barrett is pure garbage and IQ will get damn near the max for reasons unknown. I have no idea how they afford Siakam/Barnes/Barrett/IQ

Good haul for Toronto.

For the knicks it set them up to get a star if one becomes available. Randle’s contract and 4 picks type of deal. Brunson as your second star, OG third and whoever the first guy is. Mitch rob locking down the paint. It’s a good plan but they have to find that player and that isn’t a guarantee. Don Mitchell is the most likely but I’m not convinced he is a top tier 1

It’s not that good of a deal for them Barrett is pure garbage and IQ will get damn near the max for reasons unknown. I have no idea how they afford Siakam/Barnes/Barrett/IQ
I’m still not convinced they’re keeping Siakam.

Those 2 guys they acquired are on the young side. I wouldn’t be shocked if they sold off Siakam and just surrounded those contracts with rookie scale contracts.

Toronto will trade Siakam next IMO. Raptors obviously think Quickly has "potential" I'm not so sure I agree with them tho especially since they have to pay him for that assumption.

I wonder if Atlanta trades Murray if they still trade for Siakam. Pacers best trade chips would be Benn but don’t think they do that. Jarace probably doesn’t make sense for Toronto now. Maybe the kings get back in this? Lots of possibilities here

I wonder if Atlanta trades Murray if they still trade for Siakam. Pacers best trade chips would be Benn but don’t think they do that. Jarace probably doesn’t make sense for Toronto now. Maybe the kings get back in this? Lots of possibilities here
Toronto would be foolish to add a ball dominant guard next to IQ/Barnes

I am glad we didn't think about doing the OG for Keegan trade. That would have screwed us IMO. No reason anyway to play the same position for the same position unless the two players were vastly different. I think we have seen OG's best in Toronto a couple years ago, and when you have three players like Siakam, OG, and Barnes and when a team like Toronto can go 9 deep with an amazing team on paper but only win at a 38% clip then I would not want to take the "leavings" from Toronto while giving up a core piece. Now if it was for Huerter or Barnes I would probably listen, but it's moot now. The Raptors got better with this trade, and the Knicks cleaned up a bit, and know what they need the next draft.

Last edited:

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The Knicks being unwilling to move Barrett for Donovan Mitchell (who by all accounts was begging to be traded to the Knicks) but freely giving him away for a half season rental of OG is hilarious.

I am highly critical of a lot of the dumber conspiratorial stuff Rory says but he might be onto something here (assuming this is actually true).

I am highly critical of a lot of the dumber conspiratorial stuff Rory says but he might be onto something here (assuming this is actually true).
Given that OG is in the last year of his contract, I would be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of discussion between the Knicks and his agent before finalizing the deal about what his ask in free agency would be. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the Raptors were fine with this, given that it would help facilitate the trade.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Given that OG is in the last year of his contract, I would be surprised if there wasn’t some sort of discussion between the Knicks and his agent before finalizing the deal about what his ask in free agency would be. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the Raptors were fine with this, given that it would help facilitate the trade.
I'm sure that was done - that's normal in trade negotiations - this was more directed at any notion that OG is only a rental for the Knicks. It seems like there is some tangential evidence that OG may have quietly engineered the trade to the Knicks.