Kings trade 49th pick for rights to Sasha Vezenkov

Pretty intriguing player if he comes over!

If not, who cares? 2nd round picks are only useful to the anti-Monte crowd for nit picking and straw grasping.
As I recall one of the last 2nd rounders we sold became Gary Trent Jr. We don’t know for sure he isn’t coming but we should get potential players for our picks.

I am pretty sure that those unhappy with this trade will come up with a list, probably in March or April with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, of the players that they were absolutely "on record" of saying we should have taken at 49.
Incorrect. And the failure to see this trade for what it is, 1.75 mil in cash, is a characteristic of wishful but naive fans. Are you thinking, Cleveland paid 1.75 million, to rid themselves of this impactful NBA player?

Incorrect. And the failure to see this trade for what it is, 1.75 mil in cash, is a characteristic of wishful but naive fans. Are you thinking, Cleveland paid 1.75 million, to rid themselves of this impactful NBA player?
I am not sure what part is "incorrect." This board is full of people who "knew all along" what the best move was. My point is, you don't get to say trading 49 is wrong, 10 months later, because you could have gotten the guy who was drafted #55 who turned out to be good. I don't want to see people claiming that they knew this was a bad move because with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, they can now identify a player who turned out to be good (who they had probably never heard of when the trade went down). This board has a lot of people who claim "they called it" without having any receipts to back it up. So go on record and say what you would have done with #49, and then we can see who was right or wrong.

My take- I would have kept #49 unless this guy we traded for is going to come over. But if he comes over, I am happy with the trade and he is probably better than the options at 49. The past 4 people to go #49 are Chimezie, Quindarray Weatherspoon, Isaiah Joe, and Marcus Zagarowski.

Strawman of epic proportions.

We have no idea if he's coming over or not. 99.99% of NBA fans have never heard of this guy before an 1HR ago.

The resume is impressive and it seems like he was one of the best players in Euroleague as a 6'9 forward with a good shooting stroke. He has an NBA option for this season and next. If he comes over within that time span, I think it'll be a great use of pick 49. If not, it'll be a waste.

It's the same nonsense people were spouting when they were so sure Sabonis was going to walk in FA 2.5 seasons later and the trade was a total bust. We have no idea.

Just have to hope some players drop out. I was kind of hoping to see the Kings perhaps land Trevion Williams with that pick but he might fall out of the draft, we'll see.

We have no idea if he's coming over or not. 99.99% of NBA fans have never heard of this guy before an 1HR ago.

The resume is impressive and it seems like he was one of the best players in Euroleague as a 6'9 forward with a good shooting stroke. He has an NBA option for this season and next. If he comes over within that time span, I think it'll be a great use of pick 49. If not, it'll be a waste.

It's the same nonsense people were spouting when they were so sure Sabonis was going to walk in FA 2.5 seasons later and the trade was a total bust. We have no idea.
Admittedly, on the surface it looks like they put a face on a pick dump to save some face. Nothing more, lol. It happens all the time. Maybe he'll come over for summer league and push the Kings to another title!

I am not sure what part is "incorrect." This board is full of people who "knew all along" what the best move was. My point is, you don't get to say trading 49 is wrong, 10 months later, because you could have gotten the guy who was drafted #55 who turned out to be good. I don't want to see people claiming that they knew this was a bad move because with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight, they can now identify a player who turned out to be good (who they had probably never heard of when the trade went down). This board has a lot of people who claim "they called it" without having any receipts to back it up. So go on record and say what you would have done with #49, and then we can see who was right or wrong.

My take- I would have kept #49 unless this guy we traded for is going to come over. But if he comes over, I am happy with the trade and he is probably better than the options at 49. The past 4 people to go #49 are Chimezie, Quindarray Weatherspoon, Isaiah Joe, and Marcus Zagarowski.
Just calling this trade for what it is.. the Kings sold the pick for money. That's all.

But you're the guy who thinks Ivey has only jumping ability in common with Ja Morant?

I dont think this is just a sell the pick for money type of deal...

First off if Vezenkov is gonna try to make it to the NBA --- why not now?

2ndly if hes "in the best shape of his career" which i think is telling, cuz thats essentially the biggest issue he projected to have --- The biggest knock/wart on his game was always he lacks the footspeed to defend on the perimeter and he's not big enough to guard the 4's but the game has changed a bit.. and on the highlights u see him dunking the ball he used to be more of a below the rim player even though hes 6'9, obviously hes still gonna get torched defensively but maybe he can shoot it and give us enough efficient offence to counter-balance that.

also have yall seen the 3pt percentages of players the kings brought in to shoot 3's last season (and some of their salaries?) Kings could use all the help they could get making 3's.. wholesale changes are in order.. Fox needs more space..

Also Ill just throw it out there it stands to reason he's a far more reliable source of 3's than anyone they couldve drafted with this pick..

Last edited:
24 rick barry said:
Are you really ready to trade out of the 4th spot. BTW think hard...What if Ivey becomes the next Ja Morant.
Other than him being able to jump high, his game couldn't be more different than Ja. So it seems pretty unlikely.

Give me 3 actual reasons Ivey and Ja Morant are comparable prospects outside of the athleticism (Which I think Ja is still on a higher level on fwiw).
as poster earlier.

The_Jamal said:
Jaden Ivey.

You?
ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Bilas, who compared the Purdue point guard Tuesday to “a little bit of a combination” of Ja Morant and Dwyane Wade, said the Knicks had better be prepared to give up “a lot” to move up from No. 11 in a potential deal with the Kings at No. 4.

“He’s so dynamic and explosive,” Bilas said. “He’s sort of a little bit of a combination of the speed and explosiveness of Ja Morant, and then the size and length of Dwyane Wade.

24 rick barry said:
Are you really ready to trade out of the 4th spot. BTW think hard...What if Ivey becomes the next Ja Morant.
Other than him being able to jump high, his game couldn't be more different than Ja. So it seems pretty unlikely.

as poster earlier.

The_Jamal said:
Jaden Ivey.

You?
ESPN college basketball analyst Jay Bilas, who compared the Purdue point guard Tuesday to “a little bit of a combination” of Ja Morant and Dwyane Wade, said the Knicks had better be prepared to give up “a lot” to move up from No. 11 in a potential deal with the Kings at No. 4.

“He’s so dynamic and explosive,” Bilas said. “He’s sort of a little bit of a combination of the speed and explosiveness of Ja Morant, and then the size and length of Dwyane Wade.
Jay Bilas also sat infront of all of us on draft day telling everyone Jahlil Okafor should go #1 over Karl Towns because of his repitoire of moves in the post.... Jay Bilas also had Ben McLemore as the most gifted player and highest ceiling down the road player in his respective draft...

Ja Morant is a complete freak.. If u look at his college highlights he is doing crazy things much more often than ud see from Ivey.. If Ivey was close to Ja he'd be going #1 IMO

24 rick barry said:

as poster earlier.

The_Jamal said:
Jaden Ivey.

You?

a combo of Ja Morant and D-Wade would be the greatest prospect of all-time. So not sure how much you can hang your hat on that "comp" lol

But as predicted, you don't have an answer. Even in your appeal to authority with Bilas, he compared his athleticism, nothing with his actual on-court game.

Jay Bilas also sat infront of all of us on draft day telling everyone Jahlil Okafor should go #1 over Karl Towns.. Jay Bilas also had Ben McLemore as the most gifted player and highest ceiling down the road player in his respective draft...

Ja Morant is a complete freak.. If u look at his college highlights he is doing crazy things much more often than ud see from Ivey.. If Ivey was close to Ja he'd be going #1
Bilas is not the only one to suggest similarities of IVey to Ja Morant.

NBA Draft 2022: Ex-scout reveals who he thinks is the best prospect, compares him to Ja Morant | Fox News.

Apparently you and The Jamal know more.

a combo of Ja Morant and D-Wade would be the greatest prospect of all-time. So not sure how much you can hang your hat on that "comp" lol

But as predicted, you don't have an answer. Even in your appeal to authority with Bilas, he compared his athleticism, nothing with his actual on-court game.
For the record, I saw that and I think he said he wasn't saying he's going to be that. I do think that could be his upside if he can run PG. If not, definitely more Wade/Mitchell/Oladipo style wise.

This isn't a Murray vs. Ivey issue--neither player is my BPA at 4 (I really don't give an eff about either player). It's a can McNair squeeze value out of the 4 spot issue? Going from 7 to 4 was pure luck--Vlade got lucky twice too, but squandered it. You want that extension? Earn it.

Numerous sources of authority...to many to state here.

What do you have for authority? Your eye from the couch?

This isn't a Murray vs. Ivey issue--neither player is my BPA at 4 (I really don't give an eff about either player). It's a can McNair squeeze value out of the 4 spot issue? Going from 7 to 4 was pure luck--Vlade got lucky twice too, but squandered it. You want that extension? Earn it.
You've got Daniels as the #4 BPA right?

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Numerous sources of authority...to many to state here.

What do you have for authority? Your eye from the couch?
People make judgments about players by watching them. It's a thing that people do, for fun. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. But if this is going to turn into an argument about whether one person's links are better than another person's judgment, I'm going to shut that argument down right now.

Bilas is not the only one to suggest similarities of IVey to Ja Morant.

NBA Draft 2022: Ex-scout reveals who he thinks is the best prospect, compares him to Ja Morant | Fox News.

Apparently you and The Jamal know more.
I'm making an educated guess of what I watch and the stat profile. I've been wrong plenty of times. I thought Robinson would be awesome. Zach Collins was one of my favorite prospects in 2018 (although I do feel he's actually good, just gotten burned with injuries).

And I'm not even that down on Ivey. He's my 5th prospect on BPA, one WHOLE pick below consensus. I think he's a good prospect, but have long said he's a weaker "best" guard prospect than we've had in awhile. He's not a good playmaker right now. He's very weak defensively. Things we've hashed out on this board.

All this is for fun to pass the time. None of us are getting NBA FO jobs based on what we say on KF.com lol. I like watching prospects, saying what I think will happen with a few other really smart posters on this board and on twitter. I like reading what Bajaden has to say on prospects, since he very likely watches as much if not more college ball than anyone not working for a pro team. I don't need to be a mock draft sheep and just religiously follow what they think will happen when they're no better at this than I am.

I'm making an educated guess of what I watch and the stat profile. I've been wrong plenty of times. I thought Robinson would be awesome. Zach Collins was one of my favorite prospects in 2018 (although I do feel he's actually good, just gotten burned with injuries).

And I'm not even that down on Ivey. He's my 5th prospect on BPA, one WHOLE pick below consensus. I think he's a good prospect, but have long said he's a weaker "best" guard prospect than we've had in awhile. He's not a good playmaker right now. He's very weak defensively. Things we've hashed out on this board.

All this is for fun to pass the time. None of us are getting NBA FO jobs based on what we say on KF.com lol. I like watching prospects, saying what I think will happen with a few other really smart posters on this board and on twitter. I like reading what Bajaden has to say on prospects, since he very likely watches as much if not more college ball than anyone not working for a pro team. I don't need to be a mock draft sheep and just religiously follow what they think will happen when they're no better at this than I am.
Fair enough. Me too. We, as Kings fans, are all praying for the Kings.