[Game] Kings @ Spurs 2/1/2023 5pm Pacific 8pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just aren’t hearing about a ton of star level players available. Lavine? Always hurt, not always efficient. Beal? Bad contract, always hurt, no defense. OG? Not a star, some injury concern, short contract and Keegan could end up just as good or better down the road. Siakam? Too many picks needed too messy with the Huerter trade. Plus a star that may be available will go to the highest bidder. Several teams with a ton of draft capital.

I don’t know who but Ham said people within the organization are really high on Keegan and think he can be better than the Big Fin

Last edited:
If we’re gonna make a trade for that third star to complete our “Big 3,” it’s not gonna be this season. Why not see what the ceiling of this team is this season? Get a Playoff run in with this group to find out who you are. We see flaws in the regular season, but a Playoff series or two could really point us in the right direction in terms of highlighting what we need to acquire.

Plus, like other people have mentioned, there really aren’t any appealing All-Star level guys available right now. Wait until the off season or next years trade deadline and see if a Paul George, or someone of that ilk, is available. Plus, the more time that passes and the more we are patient for a trade, the more draft capital we will have to use as that 2024 pick quits hindering us.

We just aren’t hearing about a ton of star level players available. Lavine? Always hurt, not always efficient. Beal? Bad contract, always hurt, no defense. OG? Not a star, some injury concern, short contract and Keegan could end up just as good or better down the road. Siakam? Too many picks needed too messy with the Huerter trade. Plus a star that may be available will go to the highest bidder. Several teams with a ton of draft capital.

I don’t know who but Ham said people within the organization are really high on Keegan and think he can be better than the Big Fin
Keegan is tall, can hit 3's, play well off ball, and has the tools to be a really good defender. A player in this mold should be considered virtually untouchable. Even with questions about his ceiling, there are very few players in the league I would feel ok trading him for.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I can't see McNair trading Keegan. He just fits so well with Fox and Domas.

I can see us trading Davion, picks, and maybe even Huerter, as I think he's both high value as well as a bit redundant on a roster that's stacked with offense.

I think it's just gonna be a "tinker" move if anything. We've massively overachieved this year (thanks Brown!), let's just get a playoff rep in and run it back with, basketball gods willing, a wing defender who can hit a 3 and some bigman depth.

Great game! Wondering something.. Why are there still divisions rather than just being in Eastern Conference or Western Conference? Really weird that they have a division winner last year (Utah at Dallas) not having home field in at least one series.
I think that at some point, if a scenario necessitates it, the division record is used to determine seeding.

Keegan is tall, can hit 3's, play well off ball, and has the tools to be a really good defender. A player in this mold should be considered virtually untouchable. Even with questions about his ceiling, there are very few players in the league I would feel ok trading him for.
You'd have to see what they looked like as a number 1 option. As said, like 90% of Keegans offense is assisted. That's not star ball no matter how you slice it. Obviously for the Kings to trade out of the chemistry they have it would take a insta contender type move. Is that someone like OG? Eh, not in my opinion but you'd have to consider something like that.

I wonder if there is any temptation as seeing there is zero elite/borderline unbeatable teams over a 7 games series for the Kings to go all in right now before the deadline in offering up picks/Daviom/Murray for a All-Star/borderline and above average starter. Honestly with 2 good pieces (just assuming we can get them) the Kings can beat anyone in the West, teams like Denver and Memphis look like massive pretenders (yes they can still win it all but are easily beatable imo), even in the East Boston is super reliant on 3's and the Bucks are just always banged up.

I don't think there has been a season where literally anyone can win, this legit could be the best chance the Kings will have to win a title (never thought I would be saying this) with a few upgrades. It's a legit question at this point imo.
Idk. I’d be giddy if we simply get out of round 1, honestly. I wouldn’t be mad at baby steps

You'd have to see what they looked like as a number 1 option. As said, like 90% of Keegans offense is assisted. That's not star ball no matter how you slice it. Obviously for the Kings to trade out of the chemistry they have it would take a insta contender type move. Is that someone like OG? Eh, not in my opinion but you'd have to consider something like that.
Klay Thompson, Reggie Miller, Khris Middleton, Peja, Karl Malone, Allen Houston, Rashard Lewis, Rip Hamilton…

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
If we’re gonna make a trade for that third star to complete our “Big 3,” it’s not gonna be this season. Why not see what the ceiling of this team is this season? Get a Playoff run in with this group to find out who you are. We see flaws in the regular season, but a Playoff series or two could really point us in the right direction in terms of highlighting what we need to acquire.

Plus, like other people have mentioned, there really aren’t any appealing All-Star level guys available right now. Wait until the off season or next years trade deadline and see if a Paul George, or someone of that ilk, is available. Plus, the more time that passes and the more we are patient for a trade, the more draft capital we will have to use as that 2024 pick quits hindering us.
It feels weird saying this, but I feel more confident in this team in the playoffs than I do in the regular season. Unless we end up seeded against a team that can beat us up on the wings, I have odd confidence in coach to be able to adjust and adapt. We don't have to shoot lights out every game, but if everyone is clicking come spring, oh boy. The scary thing is that we've already seen what it looks like; I don't feel like I'm imagining a hypothetical "what if" scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.