Kings sign Bazemore

Good bench depth, and hopefully a good spark plug to keep the energy up when the momentum starts to slip.

I doubt he gets much run, but just like Delly, a high character guy that most certainly can’t hurt!

Entity

Hall of Famer
So now we got a SF
I got us at 16 contract players now and two 2 way contract. Sooo trade looming 2 for 1
Fox
Mitchell
Delly
Huerter
Monk
Davis
Baze
Moneke
Barnes
Murray
Okpala
Metu
Lyles
Sabonis
Holmes
Len

2 way
Ellis
Queta

Hope he's not washed. Been a Bazemore fan, but I'll be rooting for Moneke and especially Okpala to beat him out...

32% from the field last season playing with LeBron?!

Creates a good competition battle between Moneke/Okpala/Bazemore in camp. And Baze is another one of those good vet presence guys, even if he's not much a key contributor anymore. Still, for your 10th-12th man, he's not bad at all.

Right now it's looking like:

C Sabonis/Holmes/Len
PF Murray/Lyles/Metu
SF Barnes/Okpala/Bazemore
SG Huerter/Monk/Davis
PG Fox/Mitchell/Dellavedova

With Queta and Ellis on two-way contracts.

I don't think either Barnes or Murray are actually SFs, there's a chance that Monk starts over Huerter and it'll probably be Moneke, Okpala, and Bazemore battling out for the two backup wing spots, but overall that's where the roster stands today.

Just based on the lack of SFs and the abundance of guard talent I've come around to the idea of Huerter playing a lot at the three, something I was against early on. Depending on matchups it just makes a lot of sense.

I think we'll see a lot of games that end with three guard lineups. Depending on who is playing well we'll some pair of Fox, Mitchell, and Monk with Huerter along with either Barnes or Murray and Sabonis.

I don't see a scenario where Huerter doesn't take the 2nd most minutes at the SF spot barring injuries.

If Len, Baze, Delly, Metu and Okpala are playing minutes, something has gone wrong.

I don't see a scenario where Huerter doesn't take the 2nd most minutes at the SF spot barring injuries.

If Len, Baze, Delly, Metu and Okpala are playing minutes, something has gone wrong.
Exactly. No matter how we want to label guys and their positions, if everyone is healthy I think we'll primarily see an 8 man rotation of:

Sabonis
Murray
Barnes
Huerter
Fox
Monk
Mitchell
Holmes

With Lyles and Davis getting spot minutes

I actually think there are plans for Okpala to play. Atleast he’ll get a far better chance than the other 4 of playing himself into the rotation.

The others I expect to ride the bench. Okpala is pretty good/has potential with the corner three. It was a shot Harkless got a lot post-Domas acquisition but most nights couldn’t make any. They might want to start the game with a ball mover, defensive minded player at the 3…if he shows competence with the few easy shots he’ll get. I can see him playing

I guess it all depends on where Murray and Monk are in the depth chart to start the season.:because if they go with Barnes at the 4 and Monk off the bench. I can see Okpala even starting some games early for defense and if he shows he can hit the corner three consistently in preseason. Not major minutes but rotation player.

They may want to reserve more ball handling and scoring on the bench with Monk.

I just think it’s a possibility…but I think Barnes not really being a small forward anymore but likely still being a shoo in as a starter throws a wrench into a lot of projected starting lineups because most want to include Murray in their starting lineups but that might not be realistic with Barnes.

Last edited:
I mentioned him in my post. I think he, Okpala, and Bazemore will be battling for two roster spots. I have no idea how it will shake out, but I just guessed that he'd be the odd man out. IIRC, none of the three of them have fully guaranteed deals.
He's partially guaranteed this year and non guaranteed next year.

dude12

Hall of Famer
I actually think there are plans for Okpala to play. Atleast he’ll get a far better chance than the other 4 of playing himself into the rotation.

The others I expect to ride the bench. Okpala is pretty good/has potential with the corner three. It was a shot Harkless got a lot post-Domas acquisition but most nights couldn’t make any. They might want to start the game with a ball mover, defensive minded player at the 3…if he shows competence with the few easy shots he’ll get. I can see him playing

I guess it all depends on where Murray and Monk are in the depth chart to start the season.:because if they go with Barnes at the 4 and Monk off the bench. I can see Okpala even starting some games early for defense and if he shows he can hit the corner three consistently in preseason. Not major minutes but rotation player.

They may want to reserve more ball handling and scoring on the bench with Monk.

I just think it’s a possibility…but I think Barnes not really being a small forward anymore but likely still being a shoo in as a starter throws a wrench into a lot of projected starting lineups because most want to include Murray in their starting lineups but that might not be realistic with Barnes.
Yeah I agree that Okpala is going to get minutes when we need a certain defensive matchup. He will be situational