Kings Rockets Knicks

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
You know, putting in a couple details wouldn't kill ya, would it?

As talks with the New York Knicks stalled on Wednesday night, the Houston Rockets quietly recruited the Sacramento Kings as part of a three-team trade discussion that would deliver Tracy McGrady(notes) to the Chicago Bulls, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

In the proposed trade, the Rockets would get Kenny Thomas(notes), Andres Nocioni(notes), Beno Udrith and a Kings’ protected No. 1 draft pick. Sacramento would acquire Tyrus Thomas(notes), Brad Miller(notes) and Salmons from the Bulls. The deal would cleare cap space for the Bulls this summer and save the Kings as much as $15 million in salary next year.

Assuming that draft pick is lotto protected this could be a fantastic deal for the kings. We get rid of two aweful aweful contracts while maintaining our capspace this summer. It doesn't really help the team this year but it certainly helps the odds of improving the team moving forward.

This deal blows. why do we want Salmons and Miller back? and we have to give up our #1 pick too.
Salmons and miller are coming back as big expirings. The pick is protected. The level of the protection is really the measure of the trade. If its lotto protected for 2-3 years then its a good trade. With tons of capspace, the young talent we have atm and some tradeable assets that may not fit we wont be in the lotto in a couple of years.

Salmons and miller are coming back as big expirings. The pick is protected. The level of the protection is really the measure of the trade. If its lotto protected for 2-3 years then its a good trade. With tons of capspace, the young talent we have atm and some tradeable assets that may not fit we wont be in the lotto in a couple of years.

If the pick is lotto protected, then that's a different story.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Assuming that draft pick is lotto protected this could be a fantastic deal for the kings. We get rid of two aweful aweful contracts while maintaining our capspace this summer. It doesn't really help the team this year but it certainly helps the odds of improving the team moving forward.
At the point in which any deal which brings Brad Miller and John Salmons back to Sacramento could be considered a "fantastic deal" for Sacramento by anybody, it is time for us to collectively agree to re-evaluate the definition of the words "fantastic" and "deal."

Salmons and miller are coming back as big expirings..
Who told you that Salmons' contract is expiring? Didn't we sign him to a five-year deal four years ago? Doesn't he still have a year left on that contract?

Last edited:
If it didn't include a pick, I'd be a little happier. But I feel like this would be a great way to finally get rid of all the trash and just have a clean slate for GP to finally build back from. I believe every player we receive in this trade is expiring anyway, so no harm done.

Who told you that Salmons' contract is expiring? Didn't we sign him to a five-year deal four years ago? Doesn't he still have a year left on that contract?
You're right on that I went back and checked. I still think getting rid of Noc and Benos deals is a huge deal for us moving forward. It really depends on how heavily the pick is protected.

If we're able to shed those two contracts or lessen them without giving up any significant assets (see KMart) then we have a lot of bullets to fire to improve the team this offseason.

You're right on that I went back and checked. I still think getting rid of Noc and Benos deals is a huge deal for us moving forward. It really depends on how heavily the pick is protected.

If we're able to shed those two contracts or lessen them without giving up any significant assets (see KMart) then we have a lot of bullets to fire to improve the team this offseason.
Salmons was traded to the bucks. but he only has 1 year left.