Kings reported to not pursue Vuc

Makes sense that Vucevic might not be for us given what we already have on the roster and various needs we need to address.

WCS only comes back under 2 circumstanes
1. We don't get anyone else at C OR
2. He comes really cheap (QO cheap or maybe a bit more).

If I was a betting man, I bet on WCS not being back, us having a new C heading into the season that is not MAX salary guy.

It's a wise decision by the Kings, if the rumors that Vuc wants a max contract is true.

Here is the thing about Centers in today's NBA. You don't want to overpay for a center. The NBA has turned into a perimeter oriented league and centers are not as essential for success as before. Shooting Guard, Point Guard and Small Forward are more important to winning.

The center position in the NBA is much like running back in the NBA. While it is important to have a good one, you don't want to overspend on that position. Just get a good one, but don't overpay to do it.

No need to break the bank for a Center in today's NBA.

Last edited:
I'd prefer to make a salary dump trade to get into the first round and draft Kabengele.

9'1.5" standing reach & 7'3" wingspan (which is about the same as Giles). However, unlike Giles, he weighed in at 256 lbs w/ a 5.1% body fat. I think that extra weight/muscle will help him handle the NBA bigs sooner rather than later.

Not to mention he's pretty darn athletic at that size as well:
  • Max Vert = 35.5"
  • Lane Agility = 11.21 sec
  • Shuttle Run = 3.30 sec
  • Three Quarter Sprint = 3.25 sec
Shooting wise he shot 37% from three on 1.8 attempts per game, and he's got a pretty quick release for a big. He also shot 76% from the free throw line. He can protect the rim too (2.8 blks per 40min).

He looks like he would be a great fit next to Bagley on paper, and considering he's 21 years old, he could be the long term fit next to Bagley too.

They should blow their load on both Jordan and Dedmon and if theres any left, Pat Beverly aswell.
I actually am intrigued with the idea of DeAndre Jordan. He's still a double-double guy and fairly consistent with the things he does well. He basically can do many of the things WCS does, but is a better rebounder and shot blocker. He's mobile, can run and finish via lobs from Bogi or Swipa.

His FT shooting would be a nightmare to deal with and he has no half-court offensive game to speak of. But he's not gonna break the bank either.

I actually am intrigued with the idea of DeAndre Jordan. He's still a double-double guy and fairly consistent with the things he does well. He basically can do many of the things WCS does, but is a better rebounder and shot blocker. He's mobile, can run and finish via lobs from Bogi or Swipa.

His FT shooting would be a nightmare to deal with and he has no half-court offensive game to speak of. But he's not gonna break the bank either.
I see you haven't pay attention to DJ Last year, he improved his free throw shooting percentage a lot, he was over 70 % from the FT Last year.

I see you haven't pay attention to DJ Last year, he improved his free throw shooting percentage a lot, he was over 70 % from the FT Last year.
You’re correct. I somehow missed out on that. Thanks for the heads up.

I even glanced at his current stat line and didn’t notice. SMH.

He still looked like the same FT shooter to me in the games I saw though, so I wouldn’t have known otherwise.

Is Vuc a dumars type of player? I'm not sure about that. I can see some push back from Dumars on a player like Vuc if his history is any indication. Dumars like physical bigs. Even Okur was a Brad Miller cheap shotstyle big. Vuc isn't a total softy but I don't think you'd have seen him on any of those Pistons teams.

Is Vuc a dumars type of player? I'm not sure about that. I can see some push back from Dumars on a player like Vuc if his history is any indication. Dumars like physical bigs. Even Okur was a Brad Miller cheap shotstyle big. Vuc isn't a total softy but I don't think you'd have seen him on any of those Pistons teams.
Do we know enough about either Dumars’ role in the front office or his current philosophy on team building to start asking about whether someone is a “Dumars player”?

I submit that we do not.

Do we know enough about either Dumars’ role in the front office or his current philosophy on team building to start asking about whether someone is a “Dumars player”?

I submit that we do not.
The comment I responded to was 1) Got Dumars, 2) now get Vuc. My statement revolves around the possibility that hiring Dumars might not increase the odds of a collective FO opinion being in favor of a player like Vuc, but rather they may have added a voice in dissent of that if history serves. Maybe not though, and yes, who knows what his role is but I'm going to imagine it's a substantial one considering his history and the position being described as something that sounds like it's right under Vlade. In terms of terminology, this is how the Magic/Lakers situation started. Just sayin'.

You mean like Darko?

You mean like Darko?
Darko was a nasty shotblocker big with an attitude. He lasted fairly long in the league to doing it as a role player. He'd probably see quite a few games in suspension these days. He had some offensive skills but he was very quickly found to not be much of a 20 and 10 production type and more of a rotation shot blocking big.

Darko was a nasty shotblocker big with an attitude. He lasted fairly long in the league to doing it as a role player. He'd probably see quite a few games in suspension these days. He had some offensive skills but he was very quickly found to not be much of a 20 and 10 production type and more of a rotation shot blocking big.
He was drafted as a skilled, mobile big man with a post game . There was reference to a nasty streak and shot blocking, but that’s not why he was drafted. Ironically though it’s why he stayed in the league as long as he did

He was drafted as a skilled, mobile big man with a post game . There was reference to a nasty streak and shot blocking, but that’s not why he was drafted. Ironically though it’s why he stayed in the league as long as he did
That was the hope for him and the unknown. That hope turned out to be incorrect and he fell back on what he was. Vuc is known for what he is and what he isn't. He's not a total softly like I said, but he's well into his career and he's an "avoid the contact" kind of big. As said, not too many of those in his history. Maybe the most similar would be Greg Monroe but he put Drummond next to him right quick.

That was the hope for him and the unknown. That hope turned out to be incorrect and he fell back on what he was. Vuc is known for what he is and what he isn't. He's not a total softly like I said, but he's well into his career and he's an "avoid the contact" kind of big. As said, not too many of those in his history. Maybe the most similar would be Greg Monroe but he put Drummond next to him right quick.
Yes I know what you are saying, and I’m saying that’s not why Dumars drafted him. So to say Vuc is not a dumars guy is incorrect IMO, when Dumars drafted Darko for for a similar offensive skill set to Vuc

Yes I know what you are saying, and I’m saying that’s not why Dumars drafted him. So to say Vuc is not a dumars guy is incorrect IMO, when Dumars drafted Darko for for a similar offensive skill set to Vuc
Vuc may be someone he sees potential in. All I'm saying is if you look at the centers he's had long term on his teams, he's not of the same ilk. Like I said, the closest comparison is Greg Monroe and he put Andre Drummond next to him as the center after using him at that position.