[Game] Kings @ Raptors, 12/14/2022 4:30pm Pacific 7:30pm Eastern

Status
Not open for further replies.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
New day, new opponent, new game. Thank God the Raptors do not play a style that is roughly the equivalent of organized streetball. So the thug tactics that completely took the Kings out of their game in New York in Philly should not be a factor. Second night of a back-to-back at the end of a six-game road trip is always a recipe for disaster but hopefully the team is hungry and the more stylized play should match up better with the Raptors. Based on the schedule you'd say this is a game we probably won't get, but I'm hopeful that an angry and hungry Kings team can step up against an opponent that's a much better matchup style wise.

Last edited:
New day, new opponent, new game. Thank God the raptors do not play style that is roughly the equivalent of organized streetball. So the thug tactics that completely took the Kings out of their game in New York in Philly should not be a factor. Second night of a back-to-back at the end of a six-game road trip is always a recipe for disaster but hopefully the team is hungry and they're more stylized play should match up better with the Raptors. Based on the schedule you'd say this is a game we probably won't get, but I'm hopeful that an angry and hungry Kings team can step up against an opponent that's a much better matchup style wise.
It's been a few days...it is time for the boys to "Light The Beam" once again...:p:p:p

dude12

Hall of Famer
The big question is how will the refs let Domas play? Seems that is the number 1 thing to look for. Secondly, can we start making our 3 point shots.

I don’t think they have anyone who can guard Domas. Let him eat refs.

Pretty big statement game here. Kings coming off their 2 worst games of the season and in a normal year, we let this spiral to a bad 6-8 game stretch. They've done a really good job after the 0-4 start of not letting poor play spiral and affect the win column. Need to see that continue

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The big question is how will the refs let Domas play? Seems that is the number 1 thing to look for. Secondly, can we start making our 3 point shots.

I don’t think they have anyone who can guard Domas. Let him eat refs.
Anything would probably beat the officiating we got last night.

Fox needs a big game tonight. He's going to have FVV guarding him so should be able to get to the basket at will. He needs a big game to get back on track. Been a really rough last 8 games for him, injury or not.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I might be mistaken, but I don't believe the Raptors have the physicallity of the Sixers or Knicks, which should benefit the Kings. That said, the Kings are going to continue to have a tough time against good physical teams until they can force them to play a Kings' game of high pace and 3 pointers. Fouling, of course, plays into these slower physical teams' hands by slowing the pace. And if Fox plays with ordinary speed, carefully picking and choosing his spots during the game for demonstrating some quickness, that also plays into their hands. Fox needs to force the issue with his speed, not play a careful intellectually prudent game, but a "I'm going to run it down your throat" game. I'm sure Brown can see this and is working to rectify the situation. I've been waiting for a month now to see the fastest player in the league instead of an imposter. Hopefully, we see it soon.

I might be mistaken, but I don't believe the Raptors have the physicallity of the Sixers or Knicks, which should benefit the Kings. That said, the Kings are going to continue to have a tough time against good physical teams until they can force them to play a Kings' game of high pace and 3 pointers. Fouling, of course, plays into these slower physical teams' hands by slowing the pace. And if Fox plays with ordinary speed, carefully picking and choosing his spots during the game for demonstrating some quickness, that also plays into their hands. Fox needs to force the issue with his speed, not play a careful intellectually prudent game, but a "I'm going to run it down your throat" game. I'm sure Brown can see this and is working to rectify the situation. I've been waiting for a month now to see the fastest player in the league instead of an imposter. Hopefully, we see it soon.
I'm inclined to agree. Fox needs to get downhill much more frequently. When that's fully in the King's arsenal, their offense puts so much pressure on the defense to react to many different potential lines of attack. If his foot injury has prevented him from doing so of late, then it would be best to sit him until he's right enough to attack the rim as ferociously as he was early in the season.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm inclined to agree. Fox needs to get downhill much more frequently. When that's fully in the King's arsenal, their offense puts so much pressure on the defense to react to many different potential lines of attack. If his foot injury has prevented him from doing so of late, then it would be best to sit him until he's right enough to attack the rim as ferociously as he was early in the season.
There was a game weeks ago, can't remember whether it was against the Pacers or Memphis, where Fox snatched the defensive rebound and took off like a rocket for a layup. He was absolutely breathtaking with his speed. That moment stuck in my mind as much for its rarity as for its spectacular nature. You use the right word - "pressure." Fox can take this team into another dimension if he can pressure opposing teams with his speed.

Teams have been keying on Sabonis, packing the paint and at the same time denying layups from Fox, Monk, Mitchell, and even Barnes. It has worked because the outside shooting has been abysmal on this road trip. Even the mid-range shots are not going in with normal frequency. When a guard drives into the lane, Sabonis has two, three guys on him already, making the pass that much more difficult.

A more balanced attack would do wonders to get the Kings back on track. Huerter is listed as "day-to-day" for tonight. The time has come to see what the De'Aaron Fox/Malik Monk show can do. Both those guys need to hit their mid-range shots and get to the rim as often as they can.

Ok with a Loss tonight and at pistons. Kings will come home and still be .500 where the schedule should get easier. Was expecting a 1-5 or 2-4 road trip. 3-3 and more would be overachieving.

Status
Not open for further replies.