Kings Postgame Quotes 1/15/04

Kings Coach Rick Adelman
“It was a good win. I give the Clippers a lot of credit with Elton (Brand), Chris (Kaman) and Corey Maggette. They didn’t have a normal game but Kaman stepped up and they compete, they keep coming at you. Fortunately we got big games from Chris (Webber) and Peja (Stojakovic). I really thought Mike (Bibby) didn’t have a lot of juice but he got us in our offense when he was in there and he did what he had to do to make sure we got good shots. I was happy to get this win. It’s three in a row and now we have to play a lot better when we go to LA against this team.”

“Cuttino (Mobley) is going to be a big help. You can see the shots he got tonight and the things we ran for him; he got a lot of open looks and I think he was really trying hard. He’s a competitor and that’s what I really like about him. He got a big steal on Kerry (Kittles) at half court and he came back and got the loose ball on the ground away from Elton (Brand) and those were two big plays. Those are the type of plays that he will make and you watch him and he competes defensively. I think he’s going to be just fine and it will just take some time to figure out what to run with him so he can take advantage of his offensive skills.”

“We were taking a lot of jump shots and I don’t think it was a lot of what they were doing defensively, I think it was that we were not attacking the basket like we usually do.”

Cuttino Mobley
“I’m happy with tonight but I think our defense is what we have to work on, what I have to work on. These guys help each other so much, so it’ll be easy. I was just trying to get loose balls tonight, anything I could get my hands on” “This crowd was beautiful. We were king of dragging in the first half, but they stayed with us, and that’s a lot easier.” “I just need to watch tapes and get my shots up. They are shots that I normally make, so I’m not worried about it. The more you shoot, eventually you’re going to make one, so you have to keep shooting the ball.”

Chris Webber
“We were sitting on the bench talking about how good our starting five is, and how (Cuttino) is going to bring scoring to us. I want my assists to go up and I want his scoring to go up and everybody else’s. So we’re definitely trying to get him involved. I think defensively, you see what a big difference he makes. He had four blocks tonight. Every one knows that Cuttino is a great scorer and I’ m happy to have him here.”

“I just hope I keep getting minutes.The more minutes I can get, the better I will play.”

On Brand:
“I love battling against EB, he played great, and the tough thing about him is that if you help, he’s going to score, so you’re in a dilemna. Do I stay with him and help someone getting beat to the basket or do I help and let him make it? He causes a lot of problems.”

C-Webb- “We were sitting on the bench talking about how good our starting five is, and how (Cuttino) is going to bring scoring to us. I want my assists to go up and I want his scoring to go up and everybody else’s."

Wow, he is becoming, and I dont want to get people all riled up too much by saying this, but he's becoming more and more like his boyhood idol Magic Johnson with every passing game. Remember people, he IS 6-10 and doing the things he is doing this year...its definetely a sign of the times for Webb this season, and its a beautiful thing!

I’m happy with tonight but I think our defense is what we have to work on, what I have to work on. These guys help each other so much, so it’ll be easy. I was just trying to get loose balls tonight, anything I could get my hands on” “This crowd was beautiful. We were king of dragging in the first half, but they stayed with us, and that’s a lot easier.” “I just need to watch tapes and get my shots up. They are shots that I normally make, so I’m not worried about it. The more you shoot, eventually you’re going to make one, so you have to keep shooting the ball.”

I love it...

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Circa_1985_Fan said:
C-Webb- “We were sitting on the bench talking about how good our starting five is, and how (Cuttino) is going to bring scoring to us. I want my assists to go up and I want his scoring to go up and everybody else’s."

Wow, he is becoming, and I dont want to get people all riled up too much by saying this, but he's becoming more and more like his boyhood idol Magic Johnson with every passing game. Remember people, he IS 6-10 and doing the things he is doing this year...its definetely a sign of the times for Webb this season, and its a beautiful thing!
I agree it is so cool hearing him talk about increasing assists and seeing his team mates score more... Webber is definalty maturing into a leader.