Kings organization being sued for sexual harassment

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Pretty sure shoving your fingers in someone's mouth at a team dinner would count as harassment even by the "old" standards.

As always, I'm going to wait to make any judgements on this but if these allegations are true this is a horrible look for the Kings and could help explain why Vivek's been so reticent to extend his front office team. If not, it's the Bee jumping the gun and reporting a court filing as news again. (The Kings PR team once again is doing an absolutely terrible job of crisis management.)

Pretty sure shoving your fingers in someone's mouth at a team dinner would count as harassment even by the "old" standards.

As always, I'm going to wait to make any judgements on this but if these allegations are true this is a horrible look for the Kings and could help explain why Vivek's been so reticent to extend his front office team. If not, it's the Bee jumping the gun and reporting a court filing as news again. (The Kings PR team once again is doing an absolutely terrible job of crisis management.)
I am thinking that this was prior to McNair's tenure or at the very beginning with leftovers from prior staff. But not certain on the dates reported. Memory is such a fickle thing.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Is there a single organization that has not been? With the new standards literally breathing next to the opposite sex is harassment.
Unless done in an intimidating or creepy way, no, it really isn't.

And we are not going to go down this path. This isn't the place. The only reason your post is still here is to serve as a warning that others in this vein will be deleted.

no, all within the last year and Monte is the one that ultimately gave her the pink slip (though who knows who made the decision). It's a real bad look.
I thought they were referencing a incident in 2019. The major incident with the finger. After that she didn't come across as someone easy to work with. But I was going off of memory, I stand corrected.

It makes more sense now why Vivek’s daughter got the Stockton job.

I feel awful for the plaintiff. Hopefully the team settles with her in a manner that lets her deal with the trauma and move forward with her career.

The organization absolutely has to improve itself so that all employees feel safe.

I feel awful for the plaintiff. Hopefully the team settles with her in a manner that lets her deal with the trauma and move forward with her career.

The organization absolutely has to improve itself so that all employees feel safe.
Wow... thanks neighborhood lawyer dude for clearing things up for us who usually just wait till the verdict.

Please tell the... plaintiff to stay strong.

Putting an inexperienced nepotism hire in a leadership position is the exact opposite of how to respond to something like this. But treating Stockton as an afterthought or plaything for the owner’s kid might explain a lack of professionalism there. This unfortunately might sour B-Jax future coaching prospects but at least his role is relatively tertiary (and really if you’re relying on any basketball staff to deal with HR issues something is seriously wrong which isn’t an excuse but the allegations are that the ops side did get involved and completely dropped the ball)

Putting an inexperienced nepotism hire in a leadership position is the exact opposite of how to respond to something like this. But treating Stockton as an afterthought or plaything for the owner’s kid might explain a lack of professionalism there. This unfortunately might sour B-Jax future coaching prospects but at least his role is relatively tertiary (and really if you’re relying on any basketball staff to deal with HR issues something is seriously wrong which isn’t an excuse but the allegations are that the ops side did get involved and completely dropped the ball)
Yes, it implies that witnesses encountered her to go to Human Resources. That implies that there was workforce awareness of remedies to the issue. Or employees were aware of the problem and wanted someone to step forward. But, and this is a big but, ops as you call them unfortunately can't say what they did or did not do. The employee(s) that had allegations made at them still had/have the right to keep their personal records private.

Wow... thanks neighborhood lawyer dude for clearing things up for us who usually just wait till the verdict.

Please tell the... plaintiff to stay strong.
Just 'wait for the verdict' and 'plaintiff stay strong' doesn't sound like waiting for the verdict. Or at least not completely..... "He said while she said' usually has the truth somewhere in between.