[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - Wednesday, Feb. 13 - 6PT/9ET

Speaking of Burks, what's the deal with him? He only got 7 minutes yesterday. Hield and Bog did all the heavy lifting.

Also, in those 7 minutes he didn't take a shot. He took one shot over a 21 minute span the game before too.

Isn't he supposed to be a scorer? Hopefully he's providing some good defense if he's not shooting.
Messrs Bagley and Bogdanovic take all the shots

Best thing about Bagley is he knows he needs to bulk up and knowing him he will do everything he can to do so. work ethic is not an issue with him. I think Harry is the same way. Although that would have been easy to do while sitting last year.
Not so easy when recovering from multiple knee surgeries. Harry had hard work to get to normal. He can get stronger this summer.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Speaking of Burks, what's the deal with him? He only got 7 minutes yesterday. Hield and Bog did all the heavy lifting.

Also, in those 7 minutes he didn't take a shot. He took one shot over a 21 minute span the game before too.

Isn't he supposed to be a scorer? Hopefully he's providing some good defense if he's not shooting.
It looks like Joerger and Burks need to talk. In his first game with the Kings he's the most efficient player with four out of five from the field. Then, it seems like he's taken the Joerger "team" approach to mean that he should be a wallflower. Hopefully, they can get this thing sorted out soon after the All Star break. He's too good of a player to be a filler on this team.

Some folks think you do not need a opposing presence in the middle but finesse and speed. We need both as we get abused pretty easily some games and when our two centers are in foul trouble before the first quarter is over that’s a problem.
We knew we had a problem at that position that could not be remedied for whatever reason at the trade deadline but I am sure this off season it will.

I agree that we picked up 3 very good players in trades and after the deadline. All 3 should get a good run till the end.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
When the Kings get strong enough to bang with the bigs on the Nuggets, the League needs to watch out.
They’ll no doubt get stronger... but how much stronger?

Willie’s still a beanpole after 4 seasons. How much more will Bagley put on his frame? He’s long and lanky like Willie idk if he’ll ever be a “banger.” And Giles looks tiny next to “big” centers, and while I like his bruiser mentality, will he gain enough bulk to use that mentality for anything other than frustration fouls?

This offseason Giles needs to call Skal and get in touch with his body people. Skal never got better at basketball with us, but dude became jacked.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

Willie’s still a beanpole after 4 seasons. How much more will Bagley put on his frame? He’s long and lanky like Willie idk if he’ll ever be a “banger.” And Giles looks tiny next to “big” centers, and while I like his bruiser mentality, will he gain enough bulk to use that mentality for anything other than frustration fouls?

This offseason Giles needs to call Skal and get in touch with his body people. Skal never got better at basketball with us, but dude became jacked.
never underestimate how much weight and muscle a professional athlete can put on considering the top notch training staff, team chefs and 24 hour facilities. even the skinny beanpole's can grow into their body with the right stimulation and hard work.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Willie's gotten much stronger since his rookie season though. Sure he gets moved back by the hulks like Embiid or Boogie but he's not weak by any means.

It'll take time but I think Marvin and Harry (Marvin in particular) will fill out over time.

Pull out some photos of you when you were 19 yo and compare it to now.
In high school and college when I set a pick I often got moved out of the way. By the time I was 30 and had worked construction I was 35 pounds heavier and a pick was just met with a thud.

If any one on this forum could stand next to people like Willie, you would find out how big and strong he really is. That is not his problem. His brain is his weakness.

People that know basketball inside out will tell you that it is the lower body strength that makes the biggest difference for big men in the NBA. You do not fight for position with the upper body although it helps with rebounding and going at the rack. You maintain position and move people out of the way with the lower body. A guy like Kosta is not the greatest athlete, but he is strong and has good technique on defense and when rebounding.

Kingster

Hall of Famer

There have to be some personnel changes for the Kings to take a large jump up in physicallity. With the existing front court lineup they would still get overpowered by the front court of Denver's two years from now, even if they all worked like mad-men to get stronger. The addition of Swan was a minor change in that regard, but at least it shows that management sees the problem (who couldn't?). I've got to believe that this issue of front court physical weakness will be addressed in the summer. If one were to do a word search on a transcript of Reynold's comments on the games he has done this year the word that would come up multiple times would be "overpowered."