[Game] Kings @ Nuggets - Sunday, March 10 - 2 PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
First, if your state is anything other than Hawaii or Arizona, be sure and set your clocks ahead one hour tonight or you'll tune into the game an hour late. (I hate Daylight Saving Time but that's a topic for a different place and time.)

Now, onto the game. We're in Denver for a back-to-back, but this time it's the first game with the second being Monday night in Oklahoma City. The Nuggets are currently (as of the moment I type this) barely outside the playoff hunt, so they're really gonna want to win this one. I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow controlled the oxygen in the visitor's locker room to make it even more difficult for the Kings to win. Okay, I'm joking...kinda. :p

No idea if WCS and Fox will play. No idea who made the trip. It seems like the people who generally post those kinds of things on Twitter are just as anxious for this season to be over as the rest of us, for a variety of reasons. We know Skal won't play, as that has already been announced. If the Kings win because of the heroic efforts of Jack Cooley, then so be it. The Great God Naismith has spoken.

If the game gets too unbearable, TBS is broadcasting the brackets/participants of March Madness.

GO KINGS!

Last edited:

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
It appears WCS and Fox are probable for today's game, according to Sean Cunningham. Also, according to Jason Jones, Joerger says he hasn't been told of any minute restrictions on either of them.

In watching the pre-game, I was struck by something Jack Cooley said. He talked about the team camaraderie. Doug agreed, and said Vlade is building something like what they had back in the day - a team of players that trust and respect each other and genuinely like playing together. That's why I still love this team.
I think this is easily the best change we've had in the Vlade era and post-Boogie era. We may still suck, but I think this is a locker room that plays hard for each other and actually likes being around each other. We saw the other side of the coin in the Magic game... pretty much no one on that team looked like they wanted to be on the floor.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Anybody else distracted by the shadow images of the Rockies and the crossed pick-axes on the court or is it just my sleep-deprived brain?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Interesting. Bogs appears mad at himself for missing the shot and then not getting the guy on the other end. This could put a little fire under Bogs.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
No, Howdy. The game isn't almost over. You've got to stay there and figure out stupid things to say for another 22+ minutes (game clock time). Either that, or just let Kayte take your place. Or maybe Jack Cooley.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
93-59. Thats amazing. At this point the best thing to hope for is that by getting blown out by 50, someone in the FO or on the coaching staff finally realizes that you can't win games by taking the worst shots in basketball (Post+midrange) and giving up the best shots (rim+3s).
I think they're already aware. The Kings are totally outclassed out there. And it's not gonna be any better tomorrow. I don't have a problem with this game, which I knew going in we had no chance of winning. The best thing to hope for isn't what you said. The BEST thing to hope for is they make it to the plane safely without any more tweaks, sprains, spasms, etc.

Some of us haven’t given up. Keep on posting. All my favorite players are still riding a bus to the airport and flying to all corners of the country AND playing a basketball game. I’m interested in how it goes and how each one does. I watch the game as it goes and haven’t time to post during games. Before and after, yes. Go Kings!