Kings/Nets

Kings deal:
Ron Artest
Kenny Thomas

Nets deal:
Richard Jefferson

Nets want to move Jefferson for a post presence...Artest can be that presence...Kenny adds to their front court depth.

A

AriesMar27

id be down for that but i doubt that the nets would... then again, kidd makes everyone look better than they are, so maybe thomas could work for them...

It's a really risky move with Jefferson's contract and injury history, but it would help form more of a running identity with Martin/Jefferson. It would also give you two guys at the 2/3 who can score opportunistically but who struggle to create their own shots. I don't know, I'm on the fence on this one.

It's a really risky move with Jefferson's contract and injury history, but it would help form more of a running identity with Martin/Jefferson. It would also give you two guys at the 2/3 who can score opportunistically but who struggle to create their own shots. I don't know, I'm on the fence on this one.
I kinda see it as a the first part of a three part rebuilding process: IMO Geoff Petrie will attempt to move Ron if there is a deal that is remotely close to Ron's value. Being able to dump Kenny off on top of this is icing on the cake IMO. I'm not a huge fan of RJ, but he'd make us A LOT more athletic and transition oriented.

The next deal I'd want to see is:
Bibby for Williams/Doleac/Wright/#20.

If possible maybe look at a Reef/Salmons for Kwame/#40 type deal next.

Draft Conley at #10 and look for a BPA at 20 and sign Amir Johnson with FA money...and re-sign Justin Williams/Ronnie Price

Our line-up would look something like this:

C: BRad Miller, Justin Williams, Michael Doleac*
PF: Kwame Brown*, Amir Johnson
SF: RJ, Garcia, Wright
SG: Martin, Douby
PG: Jason Williams*, Mike Conley Jr., Ronnie Price
plus the #20 pick.

We'd save about 2-3 million in the RJ trade THIS season and then shed another ~20 million next off-season

In the summer of 2008 we'd have just these contract left:
C: Brad Miller, Justin Williams
PF: Amir Johnson
SF: RJ, Garcia, Wright
SG: Martin, Douby
PG: Conley, Price

plus whoever we pick at #40 and #20.

We'd be pretty young yet competitive and have the financial flexibility to add the necessary pieced to continue building around our core.

Last edited:
I like this trade Idea but didn't we try Artest for RJ earlier in the season, around the time there was Artest for Magette talk? If I remember correctly RJ was even out injured and it was unknown if he was going to return this season. IF NJ didn't do it then I don't see why they do it now, ESPECIALLY with KT and his horrendous contract involved.

Nets wouldn't do this. Let's face it...who wants Artest at this point? The only teams that would do it are teams with aging superstars and are desperate to add talent to make a run. Lakers, T-Wolves, and Heat come to mind. And they aren't going to give up much either.