[Game] Kings @ Mavericks - Friday, Oct. 20 - 5:30PT

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Game 1 in the books, 81 more to go until the playoffs. ;)

Seeing the world through purple-tinted glasses? Oh, hell yes!

I saw something so special last night that I'm still thinking about it today. I saw TEAM. I saw heart, hustle, energy and effort. I saw young men who are just learning to play cohesively together make mistakes, but rarely the same ones twice. I saw them supporting each other, on and off the court. I saw them totally engaged in the process, and I saw a couple of them actually a little awestruck at the atmosphere that is G1C. And it wasn't full G1C, mind you. That will grow with the fans as the season goes on. It was good last night, but we know how good it can get. :)

Okay, enough of my gushing. The young Kings head to Dallas for their first road game, with subsequent stops in Denver and Phoenix before they come back home. That's not an easy three games, but at least it's not the dreaded Texas Triangle. That particular road trip always filled me with dread.

Fox is gonna be Fox. But there's the age old question...

What does Fox say? He says "Catch me if you can" and there aren't many in the league who are going to be able to catch him. That kid takes fast to a new level. It's gonna be fun watching how he's perceived by fans in other arenas. I fully expect to hear ohhhh's and ahhhh's on a regular basis.

I think when Bogs is out there, we're gonna see a lot more of Fox's ability to see the court and find the open player - and I think Bogs will be on the receiving end.

It is, as I said in another thread, a GREAT time to be a Kings fan.

GO KINGS!!

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Dallas is the real competition, along with the Lakers and Phoenix. Certainly not Houston, Warriors, OKC, Spurs, etc. Kings need to come out with the same ferocity as against Houston and get a win against the team that defines mediocrity - the Mavs.

P.S. If only Skal would use the backboard on those turnaround jumpers; it would make it so much easier. Give Tim Duncan a call, Skal!

Hasn't it been a "great time to be a Kings fan" for over a decade now? Anyways, cliche aside.

Interesting matchup between DSJ and Foxy. After Lonzos weak AF showing it will be nice to see Foxy put more doubt in that wack fanbase. I for one like how Joeger-meister is bringing him along. Fox is building confidence and at the same time he impacts the game SO much. When he is on the court, you KNOW he is on the court. Stuff happens. Looking forward to his second game in the uni. I have the Kings winning and I truly think they will win this one going away. The next one will be the trap.

Kings are probably holding Bogs out until the Phoenix game. They held his draft rights for a couple years then traded him to us. Maybe he wants to give the business to them.

No.

The only thing that's kept me going is loyalty and hope. Loyalty means you endure the bad times for the great times; optimism means you always hope you are headed in that direction....;)
Exactly. I've been running purely on loyalty and hope ever since Maloof shenanigans became known. Then, after team sale, hope was kindled, but was still only hope, then frustration with Vivek/PDA drama... all the while I was hoping he would just do the obvious thing and hire Vlade, knowing that he was our only way out of this. Why? True loyalty to Sacramento and the fans, and demonstrated leadership. Finally he did, and, perhaps due to his learning curve, Vivek has done a great job of handing all basketball decisions over to Vlade. It's what I and many had been wanting for years. We now have a team locked into Sac basically forever, a new downtown arena, a non meddling, non penny pinching owner, a no drama front office with highly professional leadership, and a crop of young players that the Fakers will soon be jealous of. It truly is the dawning of another golden age of Sacramento Kings basketball.

Dirks's game has aged horribly. The more interesting matchup should be our young bigs versus Nerlens Noel (and all the better if Z-Bo can suit up).
The dude is almost 40.

He won a title and finals MVP at age 33 and was effective for years after that. I think the phrase you're looking for is "almost retired". Go easy on the old guys!

Should be interesting to see what our conditioning is like, specifically for Fox and the other young guys. I saw fox say something about all of the travel getting to him a bit a couple of weeks ago on his Instagram story, so hopefully he responds well on the road.

More than anything, I just wanna see him lead the charge in terms of stringing multiple great efforts together. Too many times last season we had a squad that showed up every other game.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Should be interesting to see what our conditioning is like, specifically for Fox and the other young guys. I saw fox say something about all of the travel getting to him a bit a couple of weeks ago on his Instagram story, so hopefully he responds well on the road.

More than anything, I just wanna see him lead the charge in terms of stringing multiple great efforts together. Too many times last season we had a squad that showed up every other game.
Fox is 19. I'm totally convinced it will take him virtually no time at all to adjust to the rigors of an NBA schedule. :)