[Game] Kings @ Jazz - Friday, April 5th - 6PT/9ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rudy Gobert should actually have several DPOY's already but it took a while for him to get recognized, Draymond Green stole one from him for sure.. From really get-go, since he took over the starting Job in Utah, he's been the best defensive player in the league, and thats just the facts of it.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Will we? I still think we’re going to be fighting for .500 next year. I think it’s pretty clear we played so far over our head until the AS Break.
Is it? Bogi played like crap for most of the season, Joerger randomly changed the starting lineup after the ASG, Marvin's been injured at times.

Next season Marvin, Harry, and De'Aaron are going to get even better and we'll have a full season of Barnes at SF (hopefully)

He’s the guy I’m afraid is going to have a regression next year.
We need to get another gun off the bench... Bogdan isn't enough, he's good and he's fine but if we are gonna use him at PG, the firepower, even wtih all that we've got, is still spread too thin. With Barnes flexing to PF too it's the same both ways.. We need another scorer, who would ideally also be a hustle guy like Corey Brewer.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
We need to get another gun off the bench... Bogdan isn't enough, he's good and he's fine but if we are gonna use him at PG, the firepower, even wtih all that we've got, is still spread too thin.
YEah. I thought that was going to be Burks but he absolutely didn't fit the system like I thought he would at all.

Will we? I still think we’re going to be fighting for .500 next year. I think it’s pretty clear we played so far over our head until the AS Break.
I think so. I think another jump is ahead of this team.
I’m really not that concerned about this Jazz team.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Is it? Bogi played like crap for most of the season, Joerger randomly changed the starting lineup after the ASG, Marvin's been injured at times.

Next season Marvin, Harry, and De'Aaron are going to get even better and we'll have a full season of Barnes at SF (hopefully)
Idk... I don’t think it’s a coincidence we’ve beaten exactly one good team over the last month plus. Yes, the guys will get better. But will they get better than what they are right now (please yes), or what they were then (much more debatable)? You know I’m always going to lean towards the pessimism.

Plus... I don’t think Buddy is Klay, like he pretended to be half the season. Still better than I thought he’d be... but not Klay.

ya know just look at Joe Ingles, he's just cruising around, picking us to shreds... This is unacceptable.. It looks bad for the camera... Which is fine, this is the portion of the season we've reached. Testing.. This has been a major failure tonight tho.. back to the drawing board..

No aspect of the team has played worse than our Wings... they are the weakest link..

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Idk... I don’t think it’s a coincidence we’ve beaten exactly one good team over the last month plus. Yes, the guys will get better. But will they get better than what they are right now (please yes), or what they were then (much more debatable)? You know I’m always going to lean towards the pessimism.
One that had us playing over our heads to start the year was the injury bug pretty much missing us until after the all-star break. Then once the injuries started to hit and the wear and tear set in, we started not looking good

I think so. I think another jump is ahead of this team.
I’m really not that concerned about this Jazz team.
The Jazz no, but be very concerned about what the Kings are attempting to run against this Jazz team. Hopefully there is some sense made of the Kings efforts lately to grit and grind teams because if they think success is going to come from this style of play then that jump will be a tough one.

Any time you surround an interior presence like Gobert with 3-and-D guys they're going to be a tough draw.
I think Fox, Heild, Barnes, Bagley, Giles plus free agent has more potential then this Jazz team. A year of maturity will do more for the Kings the than this Jazz team.

Any time you surround an interior presence like Gobert with 3-and-D guys they're going to be a tough draw.
And when you think running through them on your way to taking what is considered the most inefficient shots in basketball is the answer then you just made it easy for them.

The Jazz no, but be very concerned about what the Kings are attempting to run against this Jazz team. Hopefully there is some sense made of the Kings efforts lately to grit and grind teams because if they think success is going to come from this style of play then that jump will be a tough one.
This game says nothing about the Kings. End of year, tired team, b2b. They are a high pace team and will be for years to come.

See what Marvin just did... now that is ssome kind of adjustment,. he switches from left to right hand mid air cuz he knows rudy's playing the left, misses the shot but times the putback perfectly..

This game says nothing about the Kings. End of year, tired team, b2b. They are a high pace team and will be for years to come.
True but the Kings have clearly switched the emphasis of their offensive system towards the end of the year to be more interior based. That says more than enough. Where it goes from here is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.