[Game] Kings @ Jazz - 10/14/19

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Main takeaways from the crappy in-arena feed of the game I watched:

1) I hope De'Aaron's back is okay.
2) Richaun Holmes might wind up starting by the end of the season. The man is a freaking wrecking ball out there and is the potent lob target some people were convinced WCS was for us last season.
3) I don't care about how tall Marvin is or isn't, the dude's best position when it's all said and done might be center. Also, the guy looks like he's a potential all-star THIS SEASON (which isn't going to stop some of you from continuing to pine for the guy in Dallas). He's a stud.
4) The Jazz might be surprisingly bad/irrelevant this season. They have absolutely no depth behind Gobert beyond Ed Davis and Epke Udoh and I'm not really sure how much Udoh is actually going to be able to give them. That starting lineup beyond the Stifle Tower is surprisingly undersized with both guards being on the small size and two relatively unathletic threes having to figure out how to guard PFs and SGs. Conley can play off the ball, yes but I still have my doubts that Mitchell is capable of consistently delivering looks to his teammates.

Nice Realgm comment

Really curious if Bagley can keep this play up. 20/11 with 2 blocks and a steal, while also playing legit good defense. Rarely was he out of position, his rotations seem to be on point for the majority of the night. If he can keep this kind of defensive positioning and awareness up, while also showing improvements at the line and gradual improvements from 3, that would be huge for him. Dude looked like a star tonight.

Main takeaways from the crappy in-arena feed of the game I watched:

1) I hope De'Aaron's back is okay.
2) Richaun Holmes might wind up starting by the end of the season. The man is a freaking wrecking ball out there and is the potent lob target some people were convinced WCS was for us last season.
3) I don't care about how tall Marvin is or isn't, the dude's best position when it's all said and done might be center. Also, the guy looks like he's a potential all-star THIS SEASON (which isn't going to stop some of you from continuing to pine for the guy in Dallas). He's a stud.
4) The Jazz might be surprisingly bad/irrelevant this season. They have absolutely no depth behind Gobert beyond Ed Davis and Epke Udoh and I'm not really sure how much Udoh is actually going to be able to give them. That starting lineup beyond the Stifle Tower is surprisingly undersized with both guards being on the small size and two relatively unathletic threes having to figure out how to guard PFs and SGs. Conley can play off the ball, yes but I still have my doubts that Mitchell is capable of consistently delivering looks to his teammates.
They got worse defensively for sure. They may be more potent offensively but it sounded all bad when they said they planned to play Bojan at the 4.