Kings interested in the wacky waving inflatable arm tube man

Jared Zwerling ‏@JaredZwerling 2h Source confirms Wizards are leading candidate to sign Al Harrington. Likely happen this week. Clippers, Kings and Pelicans showed interest.
Well, he fits the mold of undersized, No-D 3pt shooting PF who played for the Warriors or Nuggets.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
why?

I mean I know why they're interested due to the connections, but why?
I am not sure that PDA's former job as assistant bagel runner in Denver allowed him enough money to get League Pass and watch Kings players, so he's just sticking to what he knows. Besides, he remembers almost being allowed to sit in on a Denver meeting with Big Al once, and Al was cool enough to give him an autograph on the way out.

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Yes and no.
Why Harrington with Patterson already on board?
Maybe someone should have sent PDA a quick little mix tape of our roster prior to free agency to clue him in. What next? A guard who can't handle the ball but can score in spurts?

This is how PDA apparently does his job, even if there is minimal interest I guess he will place a call and investigate the circumstances. We are going to be in the "mix" for a lot of free agents, I don't even pay attention to who is linked to us anymore

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
This is how PDA apparently does his job, even if there is minimal interest I guess he will place a call and investigate the circumstances. We are going to be in the "mix" for a lot of free agents, I don't even pay attention to who is linked to us anymore
Exactly. All the tweet says is the Kings showed interest. That's about as noncommittal as you can possibly get. The constant barrage of insults about PDA is really getting ridiculous. I'd like to think most of us are better than that.

Exactly. All the tweet says is the Kings showed interest. That's about as noncommittal as you can possibly get. The constant barrage of insults about PDA is really getting ridiculous. I'd like to think most of us are better than that.
Maybe because after Iggy we haven't heard that the Kings have shown interest in any player that many of us feel actually fulfils one of the teams needs? Shouldn't it work both ways?

Yes and no. Yes, it was just a tweet of interest and it shows pda is active. But no, we still have no business showing interest in a player like al. Too many times this season (really with the exception of oden and iggy), the guys we have shown interest in are the exact kind of guys we were hoping to avoid with new management.

And not to throw you in with this crowd but too many posters on here have defended the new front office for "interest" in guys we like while consistently dismissing any rumor of ones we don't. Can't have it both ways.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Yes and no. Yes, it was just a tweet of interest and it shows pda is active. But no, we still have no business showing interest in a player like al. Too many times this season (really with the exception of oden and iggy), the guys we have shown interest in are the exact kind of guys we were hoping to avoid with new management.

And not to throw you in with this crowd but too many posters on here have defended the new front office for "interest" in guys we like while consistently dismissing any rumor of ones we don't. Can't have it both ways.
I'm talking about the barrage of personal insults directed at the new front office. The name-calling and belittling just reminds me too much of the type of vitriol so common in politics nowadays. It's just my two cents...

One more thing? ONE stupid tweet saying the King showed interest doesn't mean a thing. I'm not sure why everyone automatically buys into every single tweet. Lots of times these kinds of rumors are planted by agents to try and maximize offers for their clients. Doesn't mean anyone from our front office ever did a thing.

Last edited:

Both ways I see PD'A doing his/our job. Neither you nor I know what's going on and we won't be told. That's every day business in the NBA. Good luck with your taking evidence, it livens TDOS.

Maybe because after Iggy we haven't heard that the Kings have shown interest in any player that many of us feel actually fulfils one of the teams needs? Shouldn't it work both ways?
who says ur team needs and theirs are the same?

And who exactly "should" we have been linked to for our needs to be met? Howard, Cp3, J smoove had no chance coming here. We were linked with the 2 big SF's who were worth anything this offseason . Korver and Dunleavy would have been nice, but both guys inked early.

I do think we made a mistake letting Lopez go to Portland. He was an excellent stop-gap option for what our team was missing.

I personally dont see a problem with this. For all we know, the new FO is just trying to rebuild some relationships with agents. I can't imagine we were a great team to deal with (obviously). So perhaps reaching out and being linked to some of these guys is just a way to build some good rep around the league. Maybe, a few of the agents might not immediately our offer away to a bigger name FA.

And who exactly "should" we have been linked to for our needs to be met? Howard, Cp3, J smoove had no chance coming here. We were linked with the 2 big SF's who were worth anything this offseason . Korver and Dunleavy would have been nice, but both guys inked early.

I do think we made a mistake letting Lopez go to Portland. He was an excellent stop-gap option for what our team was missing.

I personally dont see a problem with this. For all we know, the new FO is just trying to rebuild some relationships with agents. I can't imagine we were a great team to deal with (obviously). So perhaps reaching out and being linked to some of these guys is just a way to build some good rep around the league. Maybe, a few of the agents might not immediately our offer away to a bigger name FA.
from the top of my head: aside from Korver, I had hopes for Dorell Wright, Matt Barnes, Brandan Wright and possibly Austin Daye. staying away from Landry would've been a hope as well, only that I never figured the Kings would be in the market for him.

from the top of my head: aside from Korver, I had hopes for Dorell Wright, Matt Barnes, Brandan Wright and possibly Austin Daye. staying away from Landry would've been a hope as well, only that I never figured the Kings would be in the market for him.
I'm a fan of both the Wrights, we had no shot at Barnes and Daye would only interest me in a camp invite type of deal. Even still u're naming 2 players in the whole FA we had a realistic shot at who "fit" our needs. I don't see that as a reason to be mad. And even if we did acquire them, neither are truly impact role players. It's not like players along the lines of Asik, Larry Sanders, Ed Davis, Amir Johnson were being shopped around either in a possible trade. The market was extremely dry on defensive talent.

I'm a fan of both the Wrights, we had no shot at Barnes and Daye would only interest me in a camp invite type of deal. Even still u're naming 2 players in the whole FA we had a realistic shot at who "fit" our needs. I don't see that as a reason to be mad. And even if we did acquire them, neither are truly impact role players. It's not like players along the lines of Asik, Larry Sanders, Ed Davis, Amir Johnson were being shopped around either in a possible trade. The market was extremely dry on defensive talent.
Barnes has been underpaid his whole life, I can't believe that he wouldn't at least consider Sacramento if he got an offer above what he got from the Clippers, especially considering that he's a native. anyway, the point is that, outside of Iggy (someone we actually clearly had no shot at), not a one of the FAs the Kings have been linked to would serve any purpose here and we actually did get one of them. for four years at that. there were other FAs, ones actually filling a need, out there, and the FO hasn't shown the least bit of interest. of course this could be because they perceive team needs differently than some here do, it probably is. just begs the question what those priorities are and how they came to be.

No one is arguing that our needs are the same as theirs because that's a pointless discussion. We're suggesting that based on the moves and interest shown that their needs may be wrong.