Kings hire Igor Kokoskov as assistant coach.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
But seriously, Igor was the top assistant in Utah under Quin Synder and totally got the short end of the stick when the Suns pretty much did him dirty by not giving him a single ball handler on his roster aside from wannabe Kobe Devin Booker and like twenty wings and then firing him when things pretty much played out how we all assumed they would.

Sacramento is quickly becoming the #1 Serbian city outside of Serbia Boban Marjanovic up next

Jokes aside, Igor is a great guy and a great asset to the team. I don't think he could've done much better with Phoenix this year and I think he deserved another year to show if he can leave a mark there. Nevertheless, Utah players and Snyder often claimed that he had a great impact on their game and the guy let Slovenia to the FIBA European Champion title 2 years ago. I'm excited about this

This is a big get for us. Very highly rated assistant coach who has coached a team in his own right both in the NBA and internationally. Not much can be gained from his time in Phoenix as they are a real mess (it would be like judging Malone on his time with the Kings). He has extensive assistant coaching experience in the NBA working with some very good head coaches.

From all out assistant coaches, to me this is by far the best hire.

This is a big get for us. Very highly rated assistant coach who has coached a team in his own right both in the NBA and internationally. Not much can be gained from his time in Phoenix as they are a real mess (it would be like judging Malone on his time with the Kings). He has extensive assistant coaching experience in the NBA working with some very good head coaches.

From all out assistant coaches, to me this is by far the best hire.
Would he have gotten serious offers to go back overseas? Think he must be thinking he can get another shot at a coaching job if/when the Kings start balling in a couple years.

Would he have gotten serious offers to go back overseas? Think he must be thinking he can get another shot at a coaching job if/when the Kings start balling in a couple years.
He has been in the NBA for years and I think he would prefer to stay there even as an assistant coach rather than be a head coach in Europe. It hink he has been in the NBA for over a decade. Pretty sure he was an assistant coach in the NBA while Vlade and Peja were still playing.

He has been in the NBA for years and I think he would prefer to stay there even as an assistant coach rather than be a head coach in Europe. It hink he has been in the NBA for over a decade. Pretty sure he was an assistant coach in the NBA while Vlade and Peja were still playing.
Got it, knew he had been a great assistant in Utah, but didn't know he had put in serious time as an assistant before that.