Kings HIRE Alvin Gentry

Better hope this is Monte for some reason hiring him and Gentry only answering to Monte. Anything other than that would be total garbage and really horrible

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I think they made it pretty clear to Gentry that he wasn't being considered for the full time job very early and this is the reward for being a good soldier. I'm cool with it.

So it sounds like he's essentially in Dumars's old role while also not being an out of touch butthead notorious for leaking things.
It sounds like basically a fancy title for a basketball scout. My guess is they didn’t want to pay him for sitting at home so might as well give him something productive to do for the franchise and earn that paycheck instead of paying to stay home

It sounds like basically a fancy title for a basketball scout. My guess is they didn’t want to pay him for sitting at home so might as well give him something productive to do for the franchise and earn that paycheck instead of paying to stay home
didn’t you know? Sacramento is where you get paid a 4 year contract but only need to work 2. Best job ever~~~~

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
The Stockton to Sacramento pipeline is broken so it's great if we're going to put some energy there. Especially with 2 more second rounders this year.

"A little late, but..." is I guess officially his catchphrase now?
It's just farcical, at this point. @Tetsujin's reposts are pretty much my only exposure to Twitter, but I know enough about online culture to recognize a "joke account" when I see one, and I'm finding it so hard to believe that this is not one big running joke. It's too ridiculous to be real.

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
It's just farcical, at this point. @Tetsujin's reposts are pretty much my only exposure to Twitter, but I know enough about online culture to recognize a "joke account" when I see one, and I'm finding it so hard to believe that this is not one big running joke. It's too ridiculous to be real.
Try working with him on a project (like several of us did) and you would find out what a "big running joke" he really is.

It's funny - he blocked me on Twitter after calling him out on some stuff. Might be the biggest favor he ever did for me. I don't have to see any of his **** anywhere on that medium.

Better hope this is Monte for some reason hiring him and Gentry only answering to Monte. Anything other than that would be total garbage and really horrible
Kindly sir, you could not really believe.... "Better hope this is Monte for some reason hiring him and Gentry only answering to Monte."

I know him.

James Ham is a good man. James was analytical and provided some insight.

He gets what he gets....and reports accordingly.

He's trying to make a living and hopefully, build something? Are not we all trying to do the same? Why no respect for this working man?

Warhawk

Give blood and save a life!
Staff member
I know him.

James Ham is a good man. James was analytical and provided some insight.

He gets what he gets....and reports accordingly.

He's trying to make a living and hopefully, build something? Are not we all trying to do the same? Why no respect for this working man?
He screwed over several members of KF (including the Captain and myself) on a project we were working on, stole our "property" for the project, then threatened to sue one of us. He's not "a good man".

The vast majority of us are working people. That’s not a good reason to ask for respect.

How about be good at the job? When someone is able to do that, respect tends to follow.
Agreed.