[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies - 28 FEB - 5PT/8ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walton's coaching style rewards players that work hard and play defense. That is where a center can have a big impact on games more than other positions.

Fox is playing great. Bazemore brings it off the bench. Joseph is dependable. Bogi seems lost. Harry Giles is figuring out that he can score in this league. He is already good at everything else. I love his passing and defense. Harry does not back down. Bjelica plays like he was in the military. Len is from the Ukraine which is as good as being a Russian. Mr. Holmes never backs up. All of a sudden the Kings are not soft anymore. Bazemore is physical and so is Joseph. Christie calls them scrappy. You can see how much he likes that style of play. Bump people. Frustrate them. Take away their favorite positions on the floor. Use your hands and move your feet. The Kings are starting to win the mental game. They are winning close games because they are exerting their will on other teams. This is new and I really like it.

I might be going out on a limb here, but sometimes you want some guys from eastern Europe, the Ukraine and from the projects in the US on your team. When the going gets tough, they are the guys you can rely on. Holmes, Giles, and Bjelica are going toward the fight. Len is not only the biggest guy on the floor, he is from the Ukraine. Holy crap that guy is mentally tough.

I might be going out on a limb here, but sometimes you want some guys from eastern Europe, the Ukraine and from the projects in the US on your team. When the going gets tough, they are the guys you can rely on. Holmes, Giles, and Bjelica are going toward the fight. Len is not only the biggest guy on the floor, he is from the Ukraine. Holy crap that guy is mentally tough.
Put me in @ppine I am ready

Len brings more to the team than I would have thought! Doesn’t back down, plays hard-nose D, sets solid picks, protects the basket and rebounds. But his hands are not good. The sooner his teammates realize that, the better.

Walton's coaching style rewards players that work hard and play defense. That is where a center can have a big impact on games more than other positions.

Fox is playing great. Bazemore brings it off the bench. Joseph is dependable. Bogi seems lost. Harry Giles is figuring out that he can score in this league. He is already good at everything else. I love his passing and defense. Harry does not back down. Bjelica plays like he was in the military. Len is from the Ukraine which is as good as being a Russian. Mr. Holmes never backs up. All of a sudden the Kings are not soft anymore. Bazemore is physical and so is Joseph. Christie calls them scrappy. You can see how much he likes that style of play. Bump people. Frustrate them. Take away their favorite positions on the floor. Use your hands and move your feet. The Kings are starting to win the mental game. They are winning close games because they are exerting their will on other teams. This is new and I really like it.
Valid insights. If the Kings can continue the defensive improvements, the next step that many of us would like to see is for the team impose its offensive “will” on opponents, especially in crunch time. I’m hoping they are learning to be more poised during critical possessions (e.g. the end of quarters and/or closing out games) and to be able to execute with a good percentage of success when the other squad is really putting the pressure on. That’s when every good team needs their key guys (usually the “stars”) to step up and deliver. Let’s hope they can get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.