[Game] Kings @ Grizzlies - 28 FEB - 5PT/8ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kings have won 10 out of their last 15, a 66.7% clip. If they keep that up, they'll have won 40 games this year. Good enough for the playoffs?
I would consider a 40 win season a success. Some don’t like the injury excuse but I truly believe we win more games if you eliminate fox’s missed games due to injury alone. Add in Holmes and the games Bogi was out, this is a playoff team if they were healthy.

IMO, Harry was more comfortable and confident during his time out on the floor tonight than I have previously seen. I realize that he’s had one or more better statistical outings, but against the Grizzlies he really looked to be firing on all cylinders and seamlessly working within the flow of the game while making tough passes, hitting clutch jumpers, and playing solid defense without fouling excessively. The icing on the cake was him going nose-to-nose with Valanciunas. Giles just seemed locked in like never before.

I would consider a 40 win season a success. Some don’t like the injury excuse but I truly believe we win more games if you eliminate fox’s missed games due to injury alone. Add in Holmes and the games Bogi was out, this is a playoff team if they were healthy.
Yes just if we had played Fox in the 4th the night before it may of turned out different. But better safe than risk a injury.
I just don’t want to see many games given away like last year.

If this team weren't playing much differently than much of the beginning part of the season I'd say injuries were it but it wasn't. This team was clearly better playing small and it wasn't until literally Walton had no options in the front court that the team started to turn it around. Even so, Vlade signed tons of depth (which has already come back to bite him in the locker room via role complaints) so this team was better equipped than almost any other to handle it. When this team was healthy it didn't look good because healthy they were playing away from that strength of spreading the floor, playing fast, and small.

First off y’all better put some respect on LUKE WALTON!! Until we lose 2 in a row and go back to hating him. Haha

Not to look ahead but we have a great schedule next 3 to go 3-0. All at home Detroit, Washington, and Philadelphia who should be without Simmons/Embiid

His best adjustment lately? Cutting out the 2 PG lineups. All season long he's been going with it and watching it be the gaping hole in his help defense scheme. In a lot of scenarios on paint help he's replacing Fox or Joseph with Bazemore and Bogdan. That boost in size is ever important to even standing a chance on both help and run outs. It's also putting Joseph on the ball in 100% of his minutes which is exactly where you want him.

His best adjustment lately? Cutting out the 2 PG lineups. All season long he's been going with it and watching it be the gaping hole in his help defense scheme. In a lot of scenarios on paint help he's replacing Fox or Joseph with Bazemore and Bogdan. That boost in size is ever important to even standing a chance on both help and run outs. It's also putting Joseph on the ball in 100% of his minutes which is exactly where you want him.
I hate the 2 pg lineup. If any 2 of Fox, CoJo, or yogi are on the floor, it’s such a defensive liability unless the other team is playing a 2 pg lineup also. Even then, we’re tiring out both pg at the same time.

Agreed, we don’t have to make the playoffs if we finish the way we’re playing it was a success

Status
Not open for further replies.