Kings coverage in the Athletic

It is strange that media day, training camp, and two preseason games are done and still no Kings piece. Does this mean we get an in depth piece, there has been turnover, or they just taking their time to perfect that 'more muscle but still some questions' article?

That’s too bad, but not all that surprising given the recent reports of financial difficulties at the Athletic. My annual automatic renewal went through over the summer, so I’m still committed for a while, but I’m not sure I’ll re-up again. They’ve got a good stable of national NBA writers, and they’ve got a great national as well as Giants-specific baseball team, which might still be worth it. But it’s disappointing to lose our Kings beat writer, and I can’t say the fantasy basketball coverage is enough to keep me hooked (especially when the main writer keeps trying to hawk his other site, as if we haven’t already paid to read his work once).

Last edited:
I wonder if one of the Kings Herald guys gets a shot?
if the reports of financial difficulty are true, maybe they won’t have a full time writer for the smaller fan base teams. If I’m reading a story on the Eagles, there are often hundreds of comments, if it’s on the Kings maybe a handful.

That’s too bad, but not all that surprising given the recent reports of financial difficulties at the Athletic. My annual automatic renewal went through over the summer, so I’m still committed for a while, but I’m not sure I’ll re-up again. They’ve got a good stable of national NBA writers, and they’ve got a great national as well as Giants-specific baseball team, which might still be worth it. But it’s disappointing to lose our Kings beat writer, and I can’t say the fantasy basketball coverage is enough to keep me hooked (especially when the main writer keeps trying to hawk his other site, as if we haven’t already paid to read his work once).
I've been a little bit underwhelmed re athletic content and the Kings since signing up last year. I don't care about the 82 game reports calling for caution after a win or more effort after a loss. But I don't feel they explored too much more than that.

He still does a podcast once or twice a week (Ruler of the Court Podcast). He is still covering the Kings, he is just covering some other things for The Atlantic as well.

Lord, I hope not.
What happened to saying only nice things? :cool:

The Athletic seems to hire mostly writers who came from major newspapers or at least worked for a newspaper.

To be fully employed as a newspaper writer/reporter, you need to have earned a bachelor's in journalism.

I also read about the money issue with the Athletic.

Maybe someone can correct me though.