[Game] Kings at Nuggets - Sunday, Dec. 29 - 5PT/8ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point - and this is me being serious - at what point does Walton get put on the hot seat? I'm not saying I want him gone, it's really early. But this horrendous losing streak is probably not sitting well with the front office. I'm guessing they don't even ponder a change though, right? To fire your coach this early after firing Joerger late last year, that's probably not a good look.

There's always the injury excuse to fall back on with Bags and Fox, but regardless this is some pretty bad basketball. This team needs to win a game badly. For the sake of everyone involved.

We have a big stretch of winnable games coming up (not easy but winnable and not counting Cliippers). If we don't come away with a 4-1 record in the next 5 then this season is over

dude12

Hall of Famer
At what point - and this is me being serious - at what point does Walton get put on the hot seat? I'm not saying I want him gone, it's really early. But this horrendous losing streak is probably not sitting well with the front office. I'm guessing they don't even ponder a change though, right? To fire your coach this early after firing Joerger late last year, that's probably not a good look.

There's always the injury excuse to fall back on with Bags and Fox, but regardless this is some pretty bad basketball. This team needs to win a game badly. For the sake of everyone involved.
play with some pace Luke. He gets paid the big bucks to pull Sac out of this tailspin

We have a big stretch of winnable games coming up (not easy but winnable and not counting Cliippers). If we don't come away with a 4-1 record in the next 5 then this season is over
I like your optimism but this season is toast. We can't even beat the likes of the Hornets, Knicks etc... Hopefully we can really work on developing the youngsters for the rest of the season and drafting some talent at the end of the year, and signing FA's that fit the team.

I like your optimism but this season is toast. We can't even beat the likes of the Hornets, Knicks etc... Hopefully we can really work on developing the youngsters for the rest of the season and drafting some talent at the end of the year, and signing FA's that fit the team.
I am hanging on for the next 5. If we can beat Memphis, NOLA, GW, and Phoenix, then I have hope. If we split or lost most of those games then we are done IMHO

Barnes seems like a super nice guy, and usually he plays with good effort, but you have to wonder if his new contract combined with how bad the team is playing has him kinda down and just coasting. Team needs motivation.

We looked ok I thought. Fought hard. We did not look like that team vs the Wolves. So to me this game is a positive. Harry looked mostly under control which means he looked good. All in all we looked...decent?
Yeah I liked what I saw tonight overall. These close losses are mounting on the players psyche, you can see it. Hopefully they taste a win soon they can remind themselves that basketball is fun

I'll agree that the team fought hard. They've fought down to the last minute seemingly every game. But I'm jaded. I can't keep being satisfied as a Kings fan with just "the team fought hard". How many dang times in my life am I gonna note that the team played hard?. We need to win. All of these losses, and history of losing is just...miserable. I just want to win :(.

The Kings won't fire Walton this early in his tenure. He's dealing with the team that he was handed.

Vlade will be the fall guy for this debacle, as he should be. A couple more losses in a row, and I can see the ax falling on Vlade by the All-Star Break.

Status
Not open for further replies.