Keegan = MVP

Overall, this very much feels like the first off-season we've had where there isn't some dumb turmoil in the FO. Power coup from Williams/Dumars, hiring Walton 1 day after firing Joerger, the whole Joerger saga, Vlade taking power from PDA, Vivek hiring Malone before he hired PDA.

And even further, this is probably the first time we've actually given our best players a chance to succeed. Boogie/Tyreke/IT2 always had coaching/bad roster moves around them. Fox has had coaching turmoil and bad roster moves most of his career. The lineup is still unbalanced, but there's enough here where the Kings can be a 43-46 win team if Fox/Sabonis play to standard.
Just curious, where do you see the imbalance in the lineup?

If I was a betting man, I’d be confident in the over
Yeah, I think anything below 36 is a good number to bet the over. The Kings line last year was 36.5 for goodness sake. Ideally opens in the 33-34 range and I get to slam it hard. Just not taking enough the Kings summer acquisitions, a coaching upgrade, a full off-season/training camp with Sabonis, the Kings best player.

Jazz got significantly worse trading Gobert and could further weaken the west if they trade Mitchell to the Knicks. Spurs got worse and are tanking. OKC/HOU continue the tank job. So just by existing, the Kings are better than those 4 teams and 11th in the conference. Even if they didn't jump any teams ahead of them, they could easily finish with 36-37 wins as the 11 seed.

Speaking for myself and not The_Jamal, but it's glaringly obvious that we don't have a pure SF at all.

I think we can make do with Barnes and 3 guard lineups, but we'd definitely benefit from having someone who truly is best suited for the 3 full time.

The Kings need a 3/4 wing defender that shades more towards being a 3 and excels more at perimeter defense while still giving value offensively. Keegan and Barnes can play the slot, but I think both guys are more optimally suited to be a 4 in the current NBA. It's such a rare archetype in the NBA, so it's not totally fair for me to expect us to have a good one, but I'm thinking along the lines of Mikal Bridges, OG Anunoby, Andrew Wiggins, DeAndre Hunter at the higher end or guys like the Martin twins, Kenrich Williams, Dorian-Finney Smith type of role players on the lower end. Joe Ingles 5 years ago would have been another perfect guy. I'd never say no to bringing Cam Johnson on, but he's very similar to Barnes/Murray; shades more to being a 4 than a wing defender.

KZ is a great upside swing and is probably good enough to be an impact NBA defender, but his offense has been so rough that it keeps him off the floor. If he figures out any aspect of bringing offensive value, he could be a real value find at a premium NBA position.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
A lot of people were saying Grimes was going to take the crown but congrats to Slomo Murray.

Tetsu said he celebrated good games with an extra glass of milk with dinner. With this news, a handful of Oreos to go with it seems appropriate.
unless he has a work ethic of a Giannis, I'd advise against consuming Oreos. All that will go to his gut.

unless he has a work ethic of a Giannis, I'd advise against consuming Oreos. All that will go to his gut.
We don't yet know what his snack of choice is. Could be a Clif Bar.

Congrats to the young man. Dude is going to be a stud. I would say it's hard not to like what you see. But the OP sure used some sarcasm to make their point.

Slab, I see your sarcasm and raise you some poison Ivey.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Congrats to the young man. Dude is going to be a stud. I would say it's hard not to like what you see. But the OP sure used some sarcasm to make their point.

My guess on Keegan’s snack of choice: Plain saltine crackers soaked in water so they’re devoid of any and all texture.

My guess on Keegan’s snack of choice: Plain saltine crackers soaked in water so they’re devoid of any and all texture.
Sounds like my wife in her first 3 months of pregnancy. Cranberry juice too? You know what happened in The Departed when they made fun of him drinking cranberry juice?

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

Clif bar wouldn't be much better but we are speaking in hypotheticals here anyway. he seems like an individual that understand the importance of nutrition and if he doesn't early on, he will find out soon enough.

Can you imagine if Davion suited up for SL? Repeat Champs?
If the refs hadn't gifted the game to Paolo and the Magic I think we could have possibly ran it back without Davion? Sucks that we were eliminated before we even really got going. But that is one aspect of SL that I am fine to shrug off and say, yeah, it's just summer league.

If the refs hadn't gifted the game to Paolo and the Magic I think we could have possibly ran it back without Davion? Sucks that we were eliminated before we even really got going. But that is one aspect of SL that I am fine to shrug off and say, yeah, it's just summer league.
The decisions made, to overturn the call, to award the ball to the Magic, were a bit disappointing but par for the course as a Kings fan.

The decisions made, to overturn the call, to award the ball to the Magic, were a bit disappointing but par for the course as a Kings fan.
I don't understand why it wouldn't be a jump ball on an overturn (as we've seen happen several times before, last season included) especially when you consider the sudden death being at stake. Such a weird thing. But totally expected.

I don't understand why it wouldn't be a jump ball on an overturn (as we've seen happen several times before, last season included) especially when you consider the sudden death being at stake. Such a weird thing. But totally expected.
It's because by the time the ref blew his whistle for the foul the Magic player had possession. It was a really late whistle.

It's because by the time the ref blew his whistle for the foul the Magic player had possession. It was a really late whistle.
I guess that's really by the book. Something tells me they only undid the foul because someone didn't want FTs to decide a sudden death situation but then f'd it up even worse by doing that and cheating the team that should have won.