Keegan = MVP

I got home last night and saw much excitement that Portland had won, and kept looking everywhere for the MVP, only saw the final MVP and was like oh, I guess maybe they don't do that this year.

So very happy to see this.

Congrats Keegan - well deserved!

I actually refuse to acknowledge those stats, true or not.
He had tunnel vision for sure but he still looked like he was efficient when he jacked up shots. Didn't think he was that efficient though.

Murkey and Coleman disappointed me. Everyone else looked better or as advertised to me.

Wish O'Connell could shoot. He would be a great bench addition but he just simply can't shoot well enough to sit on an NBA bench at the moment.

He had tunnel vision for sure but he still looked like he was efficient when he jacked up shots. Didn't think he was that efficient though.

Murkey and Coleman disappointed me. Everyone else looked better or as advertised to me.

Wish O'Connell could shoot. He would be a great bench addition but he just simply can't shoot well enough to sit on an NBA bench at the moment.
Yea O’Connell’s size and athleticism is intriguing, hopefully a year in G League will help him round out his game.

I know this thread is about Keegan but since Slab started it I know he'd be sad if he didn't see this stat about his favorite player (plus Keegan was #2)

There are a lot of things to like about Rhoden's play. He played very good defense, rebounded well, and shot well from 3. If they can get him to play in more of of team game on offense, he could be a solid player. He has to stop being a ball hog, though.

Congrats to Keegan.

Kings continue to win the summer.

Rhoden's +/- is just so lolzzz. Dude was playing for himself the whole summer. The only player, who was more selfish than him was #25 from OKC.

bare minimum ;)

In all seriousness, that is a great honor. And now it means nothing; get to work young fella and transition it to the real team. Getting excited for preseason for the first time in a long time.
Honestly, I get excited each year, and get my hopes up, only to be disappointed soon.

One would think I have learned my lesson, but I am excited yet again, and hope that this group can put it all together. Certainly, the roster is lot more balanced than previous years. That was visible to me in years past, despite my excitement.

Honestly, I get excited each year, and get my hopes up, only to be disappointed soon.

One would think I have learned my lesson, but I am excited yet again, and hope that this group can put it all together. Certainly, the roster is lot more balanced than previous years. That was visible to me in years past, despite my excitement.
This is also the first clean start from the coaching spot this team has had in a while so that alone is something to be excited about.

The O'Connell tools were real interesting. Great athleticism/size for a guard/comfort handling the ball; just bricked a majority of his shots.

Probably not someone worth protecting with a contract, but I'd love to see him get a full year in the G-League and see what happens.

This is also the first clean start from the coaching spot this team has had in a while so that alone is something to be excited about.
Overall, this very much feels like the first off-season we've had where there isn't some dumb turmoil in the FO. Power coup from Williams/Dumars, hiring Walton 1 day after firing Joerger, the whole Joerger saga, Vlade taking power from PDA, Vivek hiring Malone before he hired PDA.

And even further, this is probably the first time we've actually given our best players a chance to succeed. Boogie/Tyreke/IT2 always had coaching/bad roster moves around them. Fox has had coaching turmoil and bad roster moves most of his career. The lineup is still unbalanced, but there's enough here where the Kings can be a 43-46 win team if Fox/Sabonis play to standard.

If I was a betting man, I’d be confident in the over
I guess it's easy to be a fan when you are not a betting man :)

But I hear you, and agree. I too am not a betting man, but seriously thinking about putting some non-serious money on the over :) Will need to start with Google as to how to make a bet, etc. Laziness, more than the greed/fear of loss, will likely make my decision.

I guess it's easy to be a fan when you are not a betting man :)

But I hear you, and agree. I too am not a betting man, but seriously thinking about putting some non-serious money on the over :) Will need to start with Google as to how to make a bet, etc. Laziness, more than the greed/fear of loss, will likely make my decision.
I used to bet on games but for me it changed my fandom in a way I wasn’t comfortable with so I just stopped. I think the prop bets could be kinda fun though

I used to bet on games but for me it changed my fandom in a way I wasn’t comfortable with so I just stopped. I think the prop bets could be kinda fun though
this is a big part of why I don't do fantasy sports either. And I don't do NCAA pools when Arizona has a legit shot at the FF. I like being a fan more than rooting for a team I hate because I am financially or pridefully vested in an outcome.

and I am one of those people that has a definite 1-3x hierarchy for every league in North America.