Keegan Murray

The fun thing about Keegan is the fact that his game feels incomplete. I mean, shooting 40% from 3, he can earn some minutes right now; but it seems inevitable that he'll be able to add major components to his game over the next few years. And what those components will be is anybody's guess!
Wouldn’t surprise me if Keegan makes big leaps in his second and third years in the league. He’s the type of guy that adjusts to things slowly and gets acclimated to stuff at his own pace. He’s mastering the spacing and solid defense right now. He’s improved his finishing, but it can still get better. Off the ball movement has been solid. He can continue to fine tune these things. The final peace would be to add a couple off the dribble moves if he wants to enter elite role player or star territory.

Regardless, his floor is a good starter imo. Monte looking like he’s 3/3 on picks panning out as viable rotation players on Playoff teams.

Xe xe xe, you are funy :D
Asking and on the same giving answer.... If he is having bad game, means he is bad and sucks. Maybe only on that particular game, but he sucks. Why do you deny obvious and clear thing?
Also, people dont know what Keegan will bring and thats why you talk so much about him? :D yes, please talk more and Keegan will listen to you and because of this he will grow up to superstar ... Who knows...
About Domas and Fox - open last year threads, or no - will be enough to open start of this season threads and read them : you will see a lot of not knowing about them and how the are bad...

I dont want to create hate or bad vibe discussion, which will continue through many pages - I just wanted to point to people that no need to be overhyped (like some were/are with Hali and some are now with Keegan).

PEACE! :)
LIGHT THE BEAM! :)

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
We could have 3 guys on that list if we didn't trade for that empty stat Sabonis guy.
Or if Fox was somehow traded instead (since his salary was much larger, Hield wouldn’t have been needed to match salaries), you’d have those 3 guys and Huerter. That’d be some pretty insane spacing around Sabonis…

PG - Haliburton / Mitchell
SG - Huerter / Davis
SF - Murray / Hield
PF - Barnes / Lyles
C - Sabonis / Holmes

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
I think, but I'm not positive, that https://shotquality.com/player-stats is the site that's pulled from.
So I didn't really have a lot of time to go over what this model is trying to do...but my bottom line is this: This model is telling me that Steph Curry's "shot quality" 3PT% is .397. Well, his career 3PT% is .427, and he's pretty darn consistent overall. This model clearly isn't telling me anything about the past, and I'm not confident that it's telling me anything useful about the future...so, why do I care?

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
:(

Na, this is way better! Won’t lie tho, I’d have been pretty salty with a weak play-in then lose and low-lottery pick season.
What about a series of unfortunate injuries that hobble us out of the play-in and a magical #1 pick?

Keegan has moved up to 4th in VORP among rookies after being about 30th a few weeks ago.

Only Kessler, Banchero and Griffin are ahead of him.
Hillarious Minny traded 5 FRP and a quality role player in Vandy and 80% Gobert (very well may BE Gobert in the very near future) for Gobert. There's been some insanely bad trades in NBA history, but this one likely takes the cake for worst all time

Hillarious Minny traded 5 FRP and a quality role player in Vandy and 80% Gobert (very well may BE Gobert in the very near future) for Gobert. There's been some insanely bad trades in NBA history, but this one likely takes the cake for worst all time
Yep and they did this just as they were ramping up to make a multi year playoff run. Decided to go with the twin towers look that has failed for so many teams.

Utah on the other hand may still be a playoff team with all the flexible pieces they got from their trades and they've got tons of picks to build their future with as well.

Just glad it wasn't our franchise that pulled a move like that for once.

Minny has a history of screwing themselves. Remember when they lost 5 FRP for their underhanded dealing in the signing of Joe Smith of all people.