Keegan Murray injury update

Who is his primary backup? We might see Trey Lyles get the start tomorrow night against Milwaukee. Perhaps Kessler Edwards could see the floor again.

They started Duarte in the other games he missed if I recall correctly
Only problem is that Duarte has just one game since January 5 when he has scored in double figures. There have been a lot of games since then when he did not play at all. That said, I expect him to be ready if called upon.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
Start Keon at SG and slide Huerter down to SF
Let's not. On his best days defensively, Huerter has only one advantage over his covers, and that is his length. Move him to the 3, and he loses even that. I Love Keon and the more Keon I see the more I love him but the solution to a missing forward needs to be either Lyles or Kess, we already give up too much size to most teams. This is one factor in our poor defense on 3 point shooting.

Let's not. On his best days defensively, Huerter has only one advantage over his covers, and that is his length. Move him to the 3, and he loses even that. I Love Keon and the more Keon I see the more I love him but the solution to a missing forward needs to be either Lyles or Kess, we already give up too much size to most teams. This is one factor in our poor defense on 3 point shooting.
I just posted on the game thread that Keon might start at shooting guard. I am not advocating this, just looking at the way Coach Brown tends to go. A small vs. lengthy lineup might work, or it might backfire monumentally.

Looks like Coach Brown going with Keon and Huerter in the starting line up. So far so good.