Jrue to Bucks

What the flying ****??? Did the Bucks bring in Vlade as a negotiator or something?
Gotta do it. Either you convince Giannis your serious about winning a finals this year and resign him or your franchise is doomed anyway. I imagine they'll be more than willing to pay Jrue and Giannis a pile of money to keep the core together for 3-4 more years.

Gotta do it. Either you convince Giannis your serious about winning a finals this year and resign him or your franchise is doomed anyway. I imagine they'll be more than willing to pay Jrue and Giannis a pile of money to keep the core together for 3-4 more years.
plus if Giannis bolts, he will at least give the Bucks a sign and trade. They could then flip the signed Holiday for picks. I hope that doesn’t happen though and will root for the Bucks to win a championship over the Lakers, Clips, Sixers or
Nets.

To be fair, this could all have been avoided if they just paid Brogdan last season like they should have
Jrue is another level or 2 up from Brog for sure. Possibly the most underrated star in the league with how valuable he is on the defensive end.

Bucks defense was already All-time worthy good and they just vastly upgraded it with a top 3 perimeter defender.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
The Bucks just traded/encumbered all their picks for at least 5 years like the NBA is going out of business. If they want Bogdanovic I'd hold out for the pick swap in 2025 and unprotected 1st in 2026, as well as DiVincenzo. And that's a bargain relative to what they paid for Jrue.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Bucks just traded/encumbered all their picks for at least 5 years like the NBA is going out of business. If they want Bogdanovic I'd hold out for the pick swap in 2025 and unprotected 1st in 2026, as well as DiVincenzo. And that's a bargain relative to what they paid for Jrue.
Considering how people are suddenly taking Bogdan up as the last piece to turn the Bucks into basketball Voltron, there really is no incentive for the Kings to move him for anything less.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The Donte/DJ/Ilyasova package is only palatable if there’s also so,e sort of draft compensation coming back over as well. Eating Ilyasova’s contract is a tough one and with the Hawks also wanting to sign Bogi and having loads more money and assets, the Bucks have to sweeten the deal if they’re really convinced that Bogi’s their missing piece.

The Donte/DJ/Ilyasova package is only palatable if there’s also so,e sort of draft compensation coming back over as well. Eating Ilyasova’s contract is a tough one and with the Hawks also wanting to sign Bogi and having loads more money and assets, the Bucks have to sweeten the deal if they’re really convinced that Bogi’s their missing piece.
Here's the issue. The Hawks could just "F You Kings, Bogi, here's 20 mil. Go match it" And then the Kings end up losing him for nothing or get stuck in purgatory with 60 mil committed to Bogi, Barnes and Buddy.

I love the trade

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
If BasketballInsiders is correct, Ilyasova's contract is unguaranteed, so it could be used for salary purposes in a deal like that and then we could waive it. But DJ Wilson has been downright bad for three years and I just don't see DiVincenzo having the value/impact of Bogdan (obviously, which is why they would trade Donte to get him). With no picks and Bogdan an RFA there's literally no reason for us to do the deal.