Joerger Status. (He’s Fired)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
FWIW, I'm more worried about who's replacing Joerger than him leaving, because I don't care about that. Walton and Messina are not making me happy.
Of the names that have been brought up, Monty Williams excites me the most simply because he's neither of the other guys listed, is a former Pop disciple, and the last team he coached was GMed by noted bad GM Dell Demps.

Hoooooooo boy, none of those names inspire much confidence.
Oh boy, I hate Vlade more now

Already was suspect - coming into this season was thought of league wide as a bottom GM, this season Shump/Burks, Skal, Doncic. Fox was consensus pick, Buddy result of botched Cousins trade

Now this?

I’m going to have to dislike the GM for four more years and watch a worse coach

Of the names that have been brought up, Monty Williams excites me the most simply because he's neither of the other guys listed, is a former Pop disciple, and the last team he coached was GMed by noted bad GM Dell Demps.
There is the possibility that Walton was maligned in LA when it was really all Lebron and Maginka, but I wouldn't put money on it.

Oh boy, I hate Vlade more now

Already was suspect - coming into this season was thought of league wide as a bottom GM, this season Shump/Burks, Skal, Doncic. Fox was consensus pick, Buddy result of botched Cousins trade

Now this?

I’m going to have to dislike the GM for four more years and watch a worse coach
The only choice we have now is to hope he has a plan. He sure is moving forward like he knows exactly what he's doing.

Knew this would probably happen eventually, Vivek is hell bent on emulating the Warriors timeline, I always saw Joeger as our Mark Jackson. Especially when Dave made the future Westbrook/KD comments, reminded so much of Mark Jackson calling Steph and Klay the best shooters he had ever seen when everyone else was doubting him.

Wonder if the Kings actively wanting Walton will make the Lakers readjust their plans.
Vlade's plan is to make it seem like he wants Luke, Lakers fear they'll miss out like with fox and keep him, we actually extend joerger and laugh at the Lakers while they keep Walton and all other coaching candidates go elsewhere.

Pelicans messed with Lakers. Why not us too?

The worst possible outcome is the kings have retained their dysfunctional tag and we end up with none of the top available coaching candidates. Man, there is so much that could go wrong here.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
There are a few moves the Kings made in recent years that absolutely floored me.

-Philly Trade
-Cousins Trade
-Papa pick
-Malone Firing

This isn't one of them. TBH, the only thing that can floor me this offseason would be a huge offer sheet to WCS.
Considering some of the sheer boneheaded moves Joerger made post-All-Star Break, it's even hard to say that it wasn't warranted.

And then following up the dumb move with ridiculous coaching names? Puke Walton? Monty Williams?

Etorre Messina the only name that warrants a little interest, but Pop might be resigning soon

Mess