Joerger Status. (He’s Fired)

Thing is, maybe he knows he IS GETTING EXTENDED, and this is he long term plan.

Think about it. WhT is he always saying?? You have to earn it!!!

Why should the players go home feeling good about the season? Will they work harder with a nice taste in their mouth? Or, maybe, his point is you have to earn that good feeling. And the young guys will be pushed harder by that disappointment during the offeseason and work that much harder.

Hmmmm? Plausible

He is trying to forge iron here. Its not the bronze age no more kids

Thing is, maybe he knows he IS GETTING EXTENDED, and this is he long term plan.

Think about it. WhT is he always saying?? You have to earn it!!!

Why should the players go home feeling good about the season? Will they work harder with a nice taste in their mouth? Or, maybe, his point is you have to earn that good feeling. And the young guys will be pushed harder by that disappointment during the offeseason and work that much harder.

Hmmmm? Plausible

He is trying to forge iron here. Its not the bronze age no more kids
Talk about a complete stretch. C’mon now.

Even if there was any truth to what you suggest, how would it help the core players? They left with a lead. They don’t care if the scrubs lost it. Did you see Swipa’s interview? (Which concerns me). They don’t care.

Win or lose last night's game, I've always thought Joerger's future as coach depends on making the playoffs in 2019-2020. Even if we were still a strong team after the AS break this year, in my mind it was always playoffs next year or people will be let go.

Entity

Hall of Famer
i think it depends on the exit interviews of the players. they will be asked what they think about the coaching and how they feel things can improve. we will see

The Kings finally make it to .500 and have some legit potential all-stars and people think Coach J is the problem? What are you smoking?
Coach J should get some votes for coach of the year.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
The Kings finally make it to .500 and have some legit potential all-stars and people think Coach J is the problem? What are you smoking?
Coach J should get some votes for coach of the year.
Not after this season’s second half he shouldn’t.

There’s a happy medium between him being great this year and canning him on the spot.

The hot-take in me wants him gone. The realist in me says next season is 100% make or break, with potential to be fired if they start the season like they ended this one.

There are too many problems with firing Joerger right now. If you're the Kings org, you can't fire the coach for losing a game that held no playoff implications. You also can't expect the coach to put any of the starters back into this particular game, to do so would be bad form; the same way that losing the 28 point lead is bad form. There is plenty of blame to be spread onto the players, and you can't even do that because it was guys who rarely play.

It's frustrating, but firing Joerger would be reactionary.

The Kings have perfected being a perennial door mat. Just keep changing the roster and keep the coaches in a revolving door.
Coach J is doing a great job Give him a chance to get to the next step. Hang on to as many players as you can.

Anyone think we would like to have the coach of the Denver Nuggets back?

There are too many problems with firing Joerger right now. If you're the Kings org, you can't fire the coach for losing a game that held no playoff implications. You also can't expect the coach to put any of the starters back into this particular game, to do so would be bad form; the same way that losing the 28 point lead is bad form. There is plenty of blame to be spread onto the players, and you can't even do that because it was guys who rarely play.

it is not about one game, but several weeks of stink.

Still, I hope they extend Dave, all tantrums aside. but the last two months sucked

I'm a big fox fan. He's my favorite player on the team. But that's a bad look right there and shows how young he is. There's ways of showing support for your coach, or tell the fans that one game won't ruin the good season or give them hope that the best is yet to come. Telling your fans that their opinion doesn't matter isn't one of them.

Agree. This one game shouldn't be a fireable offense. Did it pee off a lot of fans? Yeah. Did the second half of the season suck? Yeah. But there's still progress overall and to continue progress we need stability. For better or worse joerger is one of th best coaches we have had in awhile and until we start regressing or at the point we know he can't improve the team, we should stick with him. Especially if we don't have a sure replacement.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
Dave Joerger or Mr. X? It all depends on who Vlade thinks he could bring in to replace him. If it's Kenny Natt, Keith Smart, or Tyrone Corbin, then yeah, it's a pretty easy decision to keep Joerger.:) But if there is some coach out there Vlade thinks is gettable that is better than Joerger, go for it!

This last stretch, especially this last ridiculously coached game, has really made me extremely disappointed in Joerger. Coaches always talk about respecting the game. Respect the game. Play hard. Don't play down to the opposition. These are the rock hard principles of building a competitive team. Joerger went out of his way last night to disregard all of those principles. He coached like an AAU coach, not an NBA coach. He obviously didn't coach to win. He didn't respect the game. And if the coach doesn't respect the game, I sure as heck don't know why his players should. His excuses about last night's game were laughable. It almost made me wonder if he wanted to get fired.

Carmichael Dave just read a tweet from Woj on his show, according to league sources, vlade is looking to consolidate his power and is mulling the dismissal of Dave Joerger.

Looking to consolidate his power? Huh?

according to sam amick, the kings FO wanted that 40th win. I saw a couple of people here mention that that tank job last night felt like a middle finger from Dave Joerger to the FO. Hmmmmmmm ....................

Dave Joerger is meeting with Vlade later today.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Carmichael Dave just read a tweet from Woj on his show, according to league sources, vlade is looking to consolidate his power and is mulling the dismissal of Dave Joerger.

Looking to consolidate his power? Huh?
Wouldn't the real consolidation of power be to extend Joerger as an eff you to Brandon Littlefinger Williams?