Joerger Status. (He’s Fired)

gunks

Hall of Famer
I generally dig Joerger. It's hard to knock him with how much this team has improved.

He is smug, arrogant, stubborn and makes some real head scratching decisions... but even then, I think he's our best HC since Rick. When one considers firing Joerger, one should also consider the decade plus of idiots, morons, and incompetent boobs who coached for the Kings after RA got the axe.

That being said, tonight was an atrocity. 40 wins would have been huge for this franchise, and this fan base that's put up with so much losing. Definitely came off as a pointless "F you" from Joerger.

I still want him here next season. But he has some explaining to do after tonight.

And another thing. ...all those cats on the court (sans Bags) in the 2nd half should be cut.

I'd like one person to respond with a logical reason to risk injury to Fox/Barnes/Buddy/WCS/Bjelica with a 28 point lead? Or should we have left Bagley and Bogdan in the final 6 minutes too, maybe let them get hurt?
Fox was limping to end the half. Buddy was hobbled too at times. This was a meaningless game.

I can’t believe some folks want to hop on the coaching carousel again. Have fun with Vinny F del Negro.

I'd like one person to respond with a logical reason to risk injury to Fox/Barnes/Buddy/WCS/Bjelica with a 28 point lead? Or should we have left Bagley and Bogdan in the final 6 minutes too, maybe let them get hurt?
There's a diff between pulling the starters with a 28 point lead with 3-4 mins left or when you know it's impossible to come back from and pulling them at the half. Most fans can see the difference and would make that argument for the former vs the latter. The kings half blown giant leads multiple times this season.

There's a diff between pulling the starters with a 28 point lead with 3-4 mins left or when you know it's impossible to come back from and pulling them at the half. Most fans can see the difference and would make that argument for the former vs the latter. The kings half blown giant leads multiple times this season.
Stop it dodging the question. This isn't close to a normal game and you know it because you have a little agenda against Joerger.

What use does Fox/Buddy/Barnes/WCS/Bjelica playing in the 2nd half with a 28 point lead against the 8-13 Portland Trailblazers do for the future development of this team?

Dave had horrible relationships with the front office.... the smug jerk comments are not just message board comments.

Dave had ambivalent relationships with his players as can be seen by the comments in the Athletic.

If he was a great game day coach, it might be worth it. But his small ball line up was dreadful. His end of game plays were poor after the all star break. The Kings had no answer for a zone defense.

This final game was him giving the middle finger to the organization. It’s time for DJ to be gone.

Figured this needed a thread. Grant and Doug were straight up livid on the telecast.

Carmichael Dave gives his thoughts.

What are your thoughts? What’s going to happen next.
I didn't see this game, but I did see the starters were pulled at half time when they had a huge lead against the Blazers who only suited up 6 players.

How the **** is this outrage worthy? This was a meaningless game that our starters didn't need to play 30+mpg in. Yes 40 wins would've been nice, but who cares? The Blazers were playing their 2nd and 3rd stringers!!! A win against them would've meant nothing!

I'm puzzled that fans were upset. Imagine if Fox suffered an injury in a meaningless game...

BS. The likes of Magic, Jordan, Bird, etc typically played all or most of 82 and didn’t take the last game off because ‘they might get hurt’.

Furthermore, this wasn’t a totally meaningless game. Not only a chance for 40 wins for a franchise desperately trying to shakes old labels and establish a winning mentality — not to mention a golden opportunity to further diminish lottery odds of the pick they surrendered. Now instead of guaranteed 14th, they are tied with 2 other teams.

In short, this game was important enough to push for a W instead of allowing players that haven’t set foot on court all season in a KINGS uniform to blow a 28-point lead against another lineup full of scrubs. This wasn’t a hard game to ensure victory.

Stop it dodging the question. This isn't close to a normal game and you know it because you have a little agenda against Joerger.

What use does Fox/Buddy/Barnes/WCS/Bjelica playing in the 2nd half with a 28 point lead against the 8-13 Portland Trailblazers do for the future development of this team?
I think joerger is one of the 2 best coaches we had since Adelman. I don't have an agenda against him. I do question his lineup choices sometimes but no coach is perfect. I just don't understand how you can pick and choose what game is meaningless and what games aren't. I thought maybe it's due to playoff contention but apparently it's not. I believe all the games after we were eliminated from the playoffs are considered equal. If you try to win the earlier ones, you try to win them all. You end the season with a win, it's a boost for the fans and the players. You develop a winning culture and teach them not to quit or let off the gas til you know for sure

BS. The likes of Magic, Jordan, Bird, etc typically played all or most of 82 and didn’t take the last game off because ‘they might get hurt’.

Furthermore, this wasn’t a totally meaningless game. Not only a chance for 40 wins for a franchise desperately trying to shakes old labels and establish a winning mentality — not to mention a golden opportunity to further diminish lottery odds of the pick they surrendered. Now instead of guaranteed 14th, they are tied with 2 other teams.

In short, this game was important enough to push for a W instead of allowing players that haven’t set foot on court all season in a KINGS uniform to blow a 28-point lead against another lineup full of scrubs. This wasn’t a hard game to ensure victory.
Oh great a "Back in my day, we walked 15 miles in the snow to school!" argument. The NBA has thankfully become quite a long ways since then.

-Not Joerger's fault that Vlade made that trade. He shouldn't have to risk his star's health to make up for that horrific GM decision.

-Why do you care about beating Skal Labs and Gary Trent Jr.? This game would have proven exactly nothing if Fox played 30 minutes or the 15 minutes that he did play. It'd have no impact on the future of this team in the slightest. What Joerger DID do was ensure that most of our main core gets to head into the offseason with a clean bill of health. He probably played Bagley and Bogdan too long as it is.

As much as I appreciate what Joerger does for the team this year, I also hate him just as much. Why? Because he makes so many bone-headed decisions on the court and those decisions can mean the difference between winning and losing and he play a huge HUGE factors to the team success and failure imo. For example, early in the season....he chose not to give Giles and Bagley much minutes and favor garbage players like Kosta until someone like me speak out about it. He seems to be a stubborn old fashion type of coach. When he had certain players out there and was getting exploited because of mismatch, he did nothing about it especially when Kings are up by 7-10 points (getting comfortable?)...until it's too late and then he started to change lineup. He's just a stubborn illogical coaches. He doesn't played chess matches like other coaches but that's the kind of decisions that can hurt the team.

If we hope to be a playoff team, you want to go to war with a coach who is unwilling or slow to make adjustments when then game becomes all about adjustments?

Oh great a "Back in my day, we walked 15 miles in the snow to school!" argument. The NBA has thankfully become quite a long ways since then.

-Not Joerger's fault that Vlade made that trade. He shouldn't have to risk his star's health to make up for that horrific GM decision.

-Why do you care about beating Skal Labs and Gary Trent Jr.? This game would have proven exactly nothing if Fox played 30 minutes or the 15 minutes that he did play. It'd have no impact on the future of this team in the slightest. What Joerger DID do was ensure that most of our main core gets to head into the offseason with a clean bill of health. He probably played Bagley and Bogdan too long as it is.
That's like saying why do you care if James Harden is not playing in a regular season game. Let's rest DeAaron Fox too because beating a Rockets team without Harden is not FAIR!! In fact, whenever we see a team depleted due to injuries, we should play our starters up to 10 minutes ONLY! That should be the RULE!! Let's called it the Kings 101 RULE!! And we're happy to be a lottery team forever if people wonder why we keep losing games. Don't tell anybody....it's a secret. Shhhhh.

THAT, my friend is a loser mentality and this Kings team is showing signs of it....especially coming from their GREAT GRAND CoACH!

Last edited:
IMO, he is a wet noodle. Apparently, he can only act tough toward the press. We melted down end of season and he had no answers. I saw no accountability in his last interviews. No killer instinct. Fire him.

There's a diff between pulling the starters with a 28 point lead with 3-4 mins left or when you know it's impossible to come back from and pulling them at the half. Most fans can see the difference and would make that argument for the former vs the latter.
Belly and WCS couldn’t have played a bit more? One of those two might not even be part of the team next season. What are they saving him for? SMH.

Again, they could have won this game easily with better rotation and better strategy to take advantage of a team playing only 6 players with 3 playing all 48. They didn’t need to play Fox or Buddy. But apparently they just didn’t care about the W ... which is sad considering the gain.