Jimmer Grades vs. Warriors 11/02/2013 (or Jimmermaniacs unite!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That the Kings have given up on Jimmer? We already know that.

That the Kings are a dysfunctional franchise? We already know that.

That the Kings made a cancer the centerpiece of the team going forward? We already know that.

That the Kings have given up on Jimmer? We already know that.

That the Kings are a dysfunctional franchise? We already know that.

That the Kings made a cancer the centerpiece of the team going forward? We already know that.
:rolleyes:

are we back to this ridiculous melodrama again just because demarcus struggled last night and committed a simple frustration foul in the fourth quarter that al horford sold with a flop? geezus, some kf.com members could very well set world records for knee-jerk reaction times...

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

are we back to this ridiculous melodrama again just because demarcus struggled last night and committed a simple frustration foul in the fourth quarter that al horford sold with a flop? geezus, some kf.com members could very well set world records for knee-jerk reaction times...
Please keep in mind that Maverick is a self-proclaimed MAVERICKS and JIMMER fan.

S

storisaurus

Why the hell not? Every professional athlete in every sport should want to start. But, if you're not starting, hell, even if you're not even playing, you should be engaged, and encouraging of your teammates. Jimmer Fredette should be a World Champion cheerleader right now, and so should Hamady N'Diaye, and so should Ray McCallum, and whoever else isn't getting playing time.

Mateen didn't get half the love he deserved.
Hard to be enthusiastic when you're better than the players playing ahead of you. Injustice tends to sour a mood.

Please keep in mind that Maverick is a self-proclaimed MAVERICKS and JIMMER fan.
indeed. but i've seen quite a few proclamations scattered throughout recent threads about how demarcus cousins is back to being the headcase he's always been, as if a few overblown moments of expressed frustration are enough to undo the considerable amount of goodwill he's built up since the offseason began. DMC is simply microcosm of this team: ups-and-downs. one can only hope that there are more ups than downs in demarcus' future, but in the absence of a worthy supporting cast, i expect demarcus to have some rough games as he did last night. the question is not "when will demarcus get frustrated?" that's going to happen, and it's going to happen often. beyond the hoopla, the kings are going to lose a lot of games this season. it will be demarcus' fourth losing season, and it's going to get to him, just as it should. a fiery competitor doesn't take losses in stride. the question that matters most is "will demarcus rebound from those moments of frustration?" we'll see, but game four is hardly the time to overreact...

Glenn

Hall of Famer
indeed. but i've seen quite a few proclamations scattered throughout recent threads about how demarcus cousins is back to being the headcase he's always been, as if a few overblown moments of expressed frustration are enough to undo the considerable amount of goodwill he's built up since the offseason began. DMC is simply microcosm of this team: ups-and-downs. one can only hope that there are more ups than downs in demarcus' future, but in the absence of a worthy supporting cast, i expect demarcus to have some rough games as he did last night. the question is not "when will demarcus get frustrated?" that's going to happen, and it's going to happen often. beyond the hoopla, the kings are going to lose a lot of games this season. it will be demarcus' fourth losing season, and it's going to get to him, just as it should. a fiery competitor doesn't take losses in stride. the question that matters most is "will demarcus rebound from those moments of frustration?" we'll see, but game four is hardly the time to overreact...
I'd be upset if I was scrotumized also. I think DFC will feel better when Schroeder gets a fine. My goodness, he better get a fine or Vivek should be writing to the NBA considering DFC was given a fine for the same move.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure you knew the POV of the poster involved in this particular instance. It's almost like the days when Peja first arrived... ;)

Now all we need is for aka_usapa to reappear.

Fair enough. I just wanted to make sure you knew the POV of the poster involved in this particular instance. It's almost like the days when Peja first arrived... ;)

haha wow, that's a screen name i haven't been reminded of in a long, long time...

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

Furthermore, I don't think there are many of us who would be able to control ourselves after a guy tries to smash our tender parts with no consequence.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude

I wonder what aries_mar is up to these days

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Ah, aries_mar27 ... another in the list of HoF trolls. Now those were folks who knew the art of trolling. :p

The more accurate way to describe Cousins is that he is yet to display that he is a professional. He wasn't a professional last night. It's not all that hard to be a professional. He is being asked to do what every other player in the league is asked to do. Show up to work on time, work hard, do your best, work well with others, don't quit.

Here's a good controversial Jimmer question. Who's the bigger draft bust? Jimmer or Austin Rivers? I believe they were both picked at #10 in the draft. Follow up question: who will have the better NBA career when all is said and done?

S

storisaurus

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/11/06/the-end-of-jimmermania-in-sacramento/?ls=iref:nbahpt6d

The end is near for Jimmer and the Kings, I just hope it happens soon so Jimmer can begin his career. Jimmer, whether you want to laugh or whatever, is going to bite the Kings in the behind. They have totally dropped the ball with him and they will pay. Jimmer will be an all-star PG and a winner.

He said his confidence is not shaken after the last week, not to mention the last years. “Not even a little bit.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/11/06/the-end-of-jimmermania-in-sacramento/?ls=iref:nbahpt6d

The end is near for Jimmer and the Kings, I just hope it happens soon so Jimmer can begin his career. Jimmer, whether you want to laugh or whatever, is going to bite the Kings in the behind. They have totally dropped the ball with him and they will pay. Jimmer will be an all-star PG and a winner.

He said his confidence is not shaken after the last week, not to mention the last years. “Not even a little bit.”
I agree. I think he may be the best pg in history (that can't dribble that well or defend anyone). First ballot HOF you think?

In all seriousness, what is it about Jimmer fans that causes them to lose their minds? I could understand thinking he is being underused and that he may add more value to another team in the future. Maybe he even starts at some point.

But what causes them to cross that line into Jimmer is an all-star that's going to lead his team to playoffs and beyond? Even if you appreciate his strengths, aren't his weaknesses (physical limitations that go beyond playing time) obvious enough that a realistic cap to his abilities and the fandom?

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

From the article:

...there was skepticism in some front offices long before this whether his star turn at BYU would translate to the pros.
I wish Jimmer all the best in the world. I hope he's able to find a niche for himself somewhere else. We're not laughing at Jimmer or hoping he fails. Speaking for myself only, I'm just hoping you - his fans - won't be too heart-broken if it doesn't come to pass. There are times when even the best college hopeful just doesn't cross over into the big time. Tim Tebow is a perfect example. So is Brady Quinn.

This is dead on, and why I feel it's so important to do whatever it takes to get a free agent or trade for a developed player with our draft pick. If we don't get close to the playoffs next year Cousins will have had it. Also, this thread is complete bananas.

rainmaker

Hall of Famer

That we couldn't even get a 1st round pick for him leading up to the draft when we were trying to move up tells me the entire league disagrees with your stance, not just Kings fans.

First step for Jimmer to get regular mins for another team is someone has to actually want him. Unfortunately for his fan club, there's zero evidence anyone is willing to give up even a 1st rounder for him.

There's also the issue that this isn't some conspiracy against Jimmer from the Kings organization. The last regime under Petrie/Smart and the current under PDA/Malone, two completely different regimes with no connection both feel the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.