Jason Terry? Suspended 1 game...

This is bull****. League obviously wants the Spurs to win. THIS IS THE DAMN PLAYOFFS. You don't suspend someone for that, you give them a fine and a warning. Pathetic.

BMiller52 said:
This is bull****. League obviously wants the Spurs to win. THIS IS THE DAMN PLAYOFFS. You don't suspend someone for that, you give them a fine and a warning. Pathetic.
AGREED! THIS IS COMPLETE AND ABSOLUTE BULL****. YOU DON'T SUSPEND A PLAYER IN THE PLAYOFFS - YOU FINE HIM. YOU DON'T SUSPEND ARTEST, AND POSEY, AND TERRY. YOU DON'T TIP THE SCALES DAVID STERN!

I'D LIKE TO THANK THE NBA FOR ABSOLUTELY SCREWING THIS WONDERFUL SERIES UP. OH WELL, WE ALL KNOW DAVID STERN AND STU JACKSON WOULD NEVER WANT TO GIVE THAT TROPHY OVER TO CUBES.

I don't think I've ever been THIS mad in my entire life when it came to my Dallas sports teams. This even tops the 1994 NFC Championship (Cowboys vs Niners) when Deion got away with an intentional pass interference and the comeback fell short.

and you want to know how I know David Stern is doing this to absolutely screw the Mavericks over?!

B/C REGGIE "I GRAB GENITALIA" EVANS DIDN'T GET SUSPENDED FOR LITERALLY GRABBING SOMEONE BY THEIR CROWN JEWELS. NO SUSPENSION FOR THAT?! And then they go and suspend Terry for pretty much retaliating as Finley piled onto Terry while Terry was on his back.

That is unfair and unethical on David Stern's part.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
David Stern doesn't do these. Stu Jackson does. If you're going to express your rage, at least express it at the right NBA bigwig.

thank you sir, you're right it is all Stu Jackson.

The normal Jason Terry show on ESPN radio here will go on as scheduled - I'm going to be extremely interested in knowing what he and (ironically enough) guest Mark Cuban have to say about all this.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
^^That's my thought. Stuff happens. We managed to actually draw strength from Ron's one game "vacation."

I think Mavs wouldn't be/have been where they are in the series without Terry.

Also, Mavs weren't blown out like crazy like the Kings were the game before.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
I don't think this is an NBA conspiracy. NBA ratings hit lows when the Spurs win it all. I didn't see the incident but if it was a "punch" even if it didn't connect there is plenty of precedent for a 1 game suspension here.

Sorry but Stu Jackson is a stupid piece of crap. You don't suspend someone for a punch. You fine them and give them a warning. He probably just wrecked the Mavs' championship hopes. Terry has IMO been Dallas' best player in this series. There's no way they win without him. He's been shooting well, he's been clutch, and he's been a leader. Reggie Evans GRABBED someone's balls and he didn't get suspended. JET is going to get suspended for punching someone? What the **** is this? I'm freaking pissed right now and I'm not even a Mavs fan. Stu Jackson is a sorry clown.

Terry: "Raja Bell - now THAT was a malicious act. What I did was jump up w/ the ball .... "

When asked who complained, Finley or the Spurs: "I dunno, they've been complaining all series long"

Last edited:
I haven't seen any replays. Has anyone seen a replay that shows this "punch"? Was it an actual punch? I thought the NBA had a rule that if a player throws a punch, that player gets suspended, no questions asked.

Big blow to the Mavs one way or another. Will be interesting to see if JHo can step up his game to the level of Game 2 to make up for the absence.

mavsman said:
Cuban on the radio right now: "what a joke"

I know he's getting fined as we speak.
The league could save a lot of trouble by just attaching a modified taxicab meter to Cuban's jaw that would run as long as he's talking.
~~

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
BMiller52 said:
Sorry but Stu Jackson is a stupid piece of crap. You don't suspend someone for a punch. You fine them and give them a warning. He probably just wrecked the Mavs' championship hopes. Terry has IMO been Dallas' best player in this series. There's no way they win without him. He's been shooting well, he's been clutch, and he's been a leader. Reggie Evans GRABBED someone's balls and he didn't get suspended. JET is going to get suspended for punching someone? What the **** is this? I'm freaking pissed right now and I'm not even a Mavs fan. Stu Jackson is a sorry clown.
Please if you're going to argue this don't argue that a punch is ok and only worthy of a fine. I haven't seen the replay and I suspect that it may not have been a deliberate "punch" especially if you define "punch" as something a boxer might throw. But if it really was a punch a suspension is merited, there is no place for it in basketball.

And to be clear on where I stand on this one: I am rooting for the Mavs in this one, I've always been a fan of Terry since his NCAA days, I do think suspensions are handed out far too frequently, Kwame not getting one for his flagrant elbow and taunting during the Suns series was a joke, Artest didn't deserve a suspension and there is no conspiracy to help out the Spurs of all teams.

Don't think so, Mavs can still take it at home. Viewer interest goes up because of hostility, real or percieved. Better chance of turning it into a seven games series. Mavs - Spurs have gotten the highest ratings of any series. Who'd have thought Spurs and highest ratings would ever be used in a sentence together without a no, not, never in between words.

pdxKingsFan said:
I haven't seen the replay and I suspect that it may not have been a deliberate "punch" especially if you define "punch" as something a boxer might throw.
It was a punch , it was deliberate and it was the kind that they take points away for.