is it going to be Dedmon?

Per 36 Dedmon and wcs numbers are near identical except in the block category, 3pt and ft percentage Dedmon wins those hands down.
Agree. But there's two other things that Dedmon does better and that's a) play his role and b) defend the interior (which is not just about blocks).
Dedmon is not perfect and may not move the needle much as an individual player, but I think he will be a tremendous complement to Bags and Giles.

THIS would be a great signing.

Dedmon is awesome. Rim protector, expanded his range the past 2 seasons in Atlanta, knows how to play off stars, mega-efficient with his looks on offense. Him being a priority also means the FO is correctly identifying that Giles is worth investing in as the big man pairing with Bagley and they aren't pot-committing themselves for 4 years/100 to a Vuc or Horford.

Would love to see a 3-year deal here. Give him the starting role year 1 until Giles is ready to take it, then transition him to being the first big off the bench.

Good fit, but if the Kings don't come out with some major talent upgrade some way that will be rather disappointing since the opportunity to add scot free is basically now or never. Perhaps Vlade has had enough toying around in the top tier and is instead just going right into the middle this time.

Agree. But there's two other things that Dedmon does better and that's a) play his role and b) defend the interior (which is not just about blocks).
Dedmon is not perfect and may not move the needle much as an individual player, but I think he will be a tremendous complement to Bags and Giles.
Yeah, he's a role player that fills some needs. We just have to hope the needs from here on aren't in talent if he's the big nab this summer.

Entity

Hall of Famer
Good fit, but if the Kings don't come out with some major talent upgrade some way that will be rather disappointing since the opportunity to add scot free is basically now or never. Perhaps Vlade has had enough toying around in the top tier and is instead just going right into the middle this time.
Well 4/5 of our lineup is considered top talent. Just young. At one point the superstars were in their 2nd and 3rd years as well. For instance Russell Westbrook 2nd year looked a lot like de’aron fox’s 2nd year. Biddy Hield 3rd year was pretty better than Klays 3rd year. Marvin Bagley had a better first year than Chris Bosh and bosh started 63 games Bagley started 4.

Kingster

Hall of Famer
THIS would be a great signing.

Dedmon is awesome. Rim protector, expanded his range the past 2 seasons in Atlanta, knows how to play off stars, mega-efficient with his looks on offense. Him being a priority also means the FO is correctly identifying that Giles is worth investing in as the big man pairing with Bagley and they aren't pot-committing themselves for 4 years/100 to a Vuc or Horford.

Would love to see a 3-year deal here. Give him the starting role year 1 until Giles is ready to take it, then transition him to being the first big off the bench.
I wouldn't mind a 4-year deal if the price is right. He's only 29.

Well 4/5 of our lineup is considered top talent. Just young. At one point the superstars were in their 2nd and 3rd years as well. For instance Russell Westbrook 2nd year looked a lot like de’aron fox’s 2nd year. Biddy Hield 3rd year was pretty better than Klays 3rd year. Marvin Bagley had a better first year than Chris Bosh and bosh started 63 games Bagley started 4.
No doubt but it's all a measure of comparison and depth. If Kawhi heads west to the Clippers or god forbid the Lakers the bar just got set a little higher when it might get higher in other areas already so going full on into the arms race with some all star talent adds would be a way to possibly keep up. If they do go for someone like Dedmon, Vlade needs to lace up those purse strings and shut it down for the summer. Pull a repeat of last year and come into the season with the ability to absorb assets. If the Kings do make the playoffs it clearly won't be because of talent upgrade so there is no reason to tie up funds in role players. Wait until the dust settles and see if you can get some picks or a Barnes type of deal at the deadline.

An underrated aspect to Dedmon's signing is the floor spacing. He's 38% from 3 on a not inconsequential volume. Plugging him into the starting lineup and it would look like this with their 3P% last year.

Fox- 37%
Hield- 43%
Barnes- 41%
Bagley- 31% (rapidly improving)
Dedmon- 38%
Just the threat of the Dedmon three can do absolute wonders for opening the paint for Fox and Bagley. Lopez is a really good player still, but that's his biggest asset; the fact teams have to play him at the 3pt line and they lose their rim protector around the basket. Either you collapse on the driver or you let a 38% 3pt shooter get an open look. Makes good offense pretty easy.

I'm not against signing Dedmon, but I'd be lying if I said I am really excited about the possibility and not at all concerned about his recent injury history.

This seems like a 'meh' kind of move. Not that Dedmon isn't a decent player when healthy and available.

Let's see if it happens and what the contact is, first, I guess.

I'd much rather have Corey Joseph than Lin.

The Kings are better off standing pat IMO and letting some of the young guards they drafted fight it out for minutes. I guess it depends on the cost but a backup PG the likes of a Lin or Joseph aren't going to be the difference between this team taking that next step or not. It could however keep the Kings from being able to absorb a max level deal at the deadline. If the Kings are shooting for role players the last thing you want to do is junk your cap up with those types that finish off your ends before you even really know what you are in the grand scheme of things in the west. Filling your cap up with quantity over quality can lock you in perpetually. If backup PG is the difference they'd still have plenty of money to sign a lingering FA or to made a trade to fill the spot.

I'm not against signing Dedmon, but I'd be lying if I said I am really excited about the possibility and not at all concerned about his recent injury history.

This seems like a 'meh' kind of move. Not that Dedmon isn't a decent player when healthy and available.

Let's see if it happens and what the contact is, first, I guess.

Dedmon is a journeyman role player. It's a total meh move, but a meh move is better than some of the brainless question mark moves the franchise has made over the past decade or more I guess haha.

This would be similar to the move to get Bjelica last season where he like Dedmon would help you win games as journeymen , I would be happy to have Dedmon/O'Quinn or Noel on the squad.

The Kings are better off standing pat IMO and letting some of the young guards they drafted fight it out for minutes. I guess it depends on the cost but a backup PG the likes of a Lin or Joseph aren't going to be the difference between this team taking that next step or not. It could however keep the Kings from being able to absorb a max level deal at the deadline. If the Kings are shooting for role players the last thing you want to do is junk your cap up with those types that finish off your ends before you even really know what you are in the grand scheme of things in the west. Filling your cap up with quantity over quality can lock you in perpetually. If backup PG is the difference they'd still have plenty of money to sign a lingering FA or to made a trade to fill the spot.

I sorta agree with you here. I read an article recently from James Ham discussing how he doesn't expect the KINGS to chase Patrick Beverly. His reasoning is as follows:

Beverley is a physical player who would instantly improve the toughness of the Kings’ roster, but with De’Aaron Fox, Buddy Hield and Bogdan Bogdanovic already set to play major minutes in the backcourt this season, fitting in another starting-level player would be difficult.

The team also drafted two guards in Justin James and Kyle Guy in the second round last week. Whether or not either can contribute in their rookie year is unknown.
When you look at it like that, I'm not sure where another player fits. Although, it's fair to say the KINGS don't have a true backup PG and Beverly would provide that and more. Joseph or Lin aren't near as good and, because of that, would anyone really want Swipa playing less minutes? I wouldn't.

He's not a splashy FA but he's a good fit.

Going after Dedmon also says that they're very invested in Giles. Unlike some of these other Dedmon won't break the bank and he won't demand more than 22-24 mpg. Considering Lowe said the FO wants to see more of the Bagley-Giles experiment this seemed inevitable.
Or going after Dedmon just means we can’t land an impactful free agent and Vlade should have used him cap space for picks.

I sorta agree with you here. I read an article recently from James Ham discussing how he doesn't expect the KINGS to chase Patrick Beverly. His reasoning is as follows:

When you look at it like that, I'm not sure where another player fits. Although, it's fair to say the KINGS don't have a true backup PG and Beverly would provide that and more. Joseph or Lin aren't near as good and, because of that, would anyone really want Swipa playing less minutes? I wouldn't.
Didn’t we just draft 3 players who play combo guard? You would hope one of them could take some minutes at back-up point.

I have a weird feeling that Dedmon is for depth and that Giles or Bjelica is involved in a trade.
Giles isn’t going anywhere. The team knows what they have with him talent wise. If his body holds up he can be our Draymond Green, but he’s even more of a gifted passer and bigger. His talent level is ridiculous. There is no one on the team that is more gifted naturally than Giles. Not even Fox or Bagley.

Interesting career stats on Dedmon. No percentage from 3 until 2 years ago then 35.5% and last year 38.2%. Does shoot 81% from the line.

Not bad for a guy who shot 0% from 3 and 53.1% from the line in 14-15.

I guess my first question is who is his shooting coach and can we get him on the Kings. But I agree the more I look the more I like it.