Iman Shumpert

Shumpert is an unrestricted free agent next year. He seemed to have a positive effect on the chemistry of the younger players and really enjoyed playing for the Kings. Should we look into signing him?
Yeah, Burks and Brewer won’t be back. Can’t believe Burks isn’t working out.

I’d take Shump back in a heartbeat

SacTownKid

Hall of Famer
At the expense of what though? Shump had a nice effect but the Kings were starting to tumble before the trade. Also I'm not sure on the floor where he fits now that Barnes is on the team. If it were a might as well deal after Vlade were able to improve the team in some other more necessary ways maybe, but other than that, eh.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
considering what Burks has been providing the Kings, I wouldn't mind bringing him back for a cheap two year deal or along those lines. he has familiarity with the team and would play more here than in Houston.

I was bummed when the Kings traded Shump. I had just watched his Kings Central episode the night before. I was very impressed with what he had to say and it seemed like he was enjoying his time in Sacramento (seems to be common theme once a player gets to Sac). I would hope he would want to come back, but I think it is doubtful.

Yea I miss Shump. I'm not gonna say the trade was a disaster because it was a trade involving two mediocre players, but still. It's been a failure. Burks is invisible.

I'd take Shump back as long as he's cool with a small role.

At the expense of what though? Shump had a nice effect but the Kings were starting to tumble before the trade. Also I'm not sure on the floor where he fits now that Barnes is on the team. If it were a might as well deal after Vlade were able to improve the team in some other more necessary ways maybe, but other than that, eh.
Trade away Bogs to make space. This team needs to be double down on the running teams off the floor.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Trade away Bogs to make space. This team needs to be double down on the running teams off the floor.
Disagree with that. The team needs to double down on learning how to play some real basketball so they don’t keep going into horrific quarter-long game-costing slumps when the running stops working.

And also the team would be less worn down as the season goes on.

Disagree with that. The team needs to double down on learning how to play some real basketball so they don’t keep going into horrific quarter-long game-costing slumps when the running stops working.

And also the team would be less worn down as the season goes on.
I agree. The running running running is a good tactic for this season to get some games, but long term that has a ceiling which we are probably already bumping against

If Shump is willing to come back on a reasonable veteran role player contract, i.e. $3.5 million per year for 2 years, I would absolutely love to re-sign him. He could back up Harrision Barnes and Buddy as the defensive swingman off the bench.

Is a delicate vase still a nice thing if it's been dropped on the floor and smashed into a million little pieces?
Yes, he's definitely broken because he's had 15 atrocious games this season. The previous 120+ have absolutely no bearing on who he is as a player.

I'd love if anyone could provide any sort of evidence other than the eye test that he's broken.