How many wins will Kings have in 2017-2018 season

With the tip off of the NBA season 7 days away how many wins will the Kings have? Not looking for a range of wins or different scenarios just a win total for the 2017-2018 NBA season.

Last edited by a moderator:
22 sounds about right. I don't see one player that's a good first option yet. Our best players are role players on a good team.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
20. The team's future is potentially bright. But the talent isn't here (or developed) right now. It won't happen this year.

One more high draft pick, another year of development, and we're hopefully off to the races in future seasons.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I get that this is just for fun. But this is ridiculously premature.
Young teams are just about always awful. All our vets are basically role players, ancient, or both. And we have no impact players to bloat our win total (bye Cuz).

This is gonna be a brutal year.

Fox is fun though, I hope he can stay healthy.

Better question - who will start next Wednesday? Who else will get big minutes? Who will start the second game? Will Fox play a month without injury? When will we win our first game? How many games will we win in October? Will January be any better than November? Let's get those answers worked out and then guess at season wins.

Difficult to guess - the team last season after Cousins departure went 8-17. About a 32% winning percentage - 26 wins if extrapolated for this year. But wait, throw in Fox, Hill, Randolph,Bognan.....they've got to be worth 8 more wins conservatively, huh! So I'd say 34 wins (+/- 4) :)

18 Wins. Team can't score. Will play some defense at times. But, not enough playmakers at this point. West Conference is still rough.

Top 8:Dubs, Rockets, OKC, Spurs, Minn, Denver, Portland, Utah
Bottom 7: LAC, Mem, NO, LA, Phx, Dal, Sac

Kings worst team in the West.

I dont seen it either. Im gonna say 19 wins. A more substantial number such as 30 would require heavy minutes for the vets and I just dont think we are going to see that. It would also require that all the vets stay healthy. We have lots of young talent with tons of promise. We have very little chemistry.

I get that this is just for fun. But this is ridiculously premature.
You are right:) But yet lots of folks enjoy throwing a number out there and sharing the reasons to back it up, including me:)

With so many young players and so many players new to the Kings this season there is very little chemistry as of now. With a team that has established an identity and is returning the same team a win projection is much easier. With the Kings what we are seeing now is not what we will see 40 games into this long 82 game season. I think the first half of the season is going to involve more losing than the second half of the season. There are those that will write that off to other teams tanking. IMO as the Kings evolve this season they will build a winning chemistry.

With that said I predict 33 wins with my positive glasses on. I think Bogie and the Vets will start most of the games early in the season. As the young Fellas earn it they will start. Joerger will sub for the older vets early in the first quarter. If Hill is having a good shooting night he may just roll over to the 2 when Fox comes off the bench. I think Coach will stick with a 10 player rotation so some of the Young Fellas will have to wait for the nights when Joerger rests the Vets. There will be the inevitable injuries and that is when the bench guys will make their bones.

Overall I expect an exciting season full of ups and downs as we experience watching a young rebuilding team full of hope.

Last edited:

Kingster

Hall of Famer
I'm going to say 28 wins. In particular, I'm more interested in how the Kings do against the bottom dwellers in the West - Lakers, Phoenix, Dallas? Then how do they do against the teams that are more middling - Clipps, Portland, T-Wolves, Pelicans, Nuggets, Grizzlies, Utah? OKC, Houston, SA and Warriors are not even worth considering.