How many? How long?

I know it's too early in the season to make any changes to our team, well at least that's my observation of what most of the active members have said so far & that's what i think too, but i'd like to know your takes on how much time or better said how many games into the season does this team need for you to say, "Okay, it's time to make changes in the roster/trades now." or "Nuhhh....they don't need such. They'll be fine for the rest of the way."

Of course, the post-season is a totally different chapter of the story.

GO KINGS!!!!

Last edited:
I would give them until around game 15 or 20 before panicking about making changes, but obviously if this continues changes will be needed. It's too early though. Let's wait and see what happens for the first quarter of the season.

If we lose at Home, then start worrying but until , then 3 road games agianst the Texas Triangle for there home openers, we werent expected to win, but got better each game and learned from out mistakes, so im not triping as of now.

Prophetess

Gallifrayain
My two cents, since I actually got to watch..... we need to stop having defensive breakdowns and we need to DO OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING!!!!!!!!!

Right now we suck, and that's to be expected since we're still meshing this new team.
I think last season we began 4-4 or close to it, and before long I think we were 15-4.

What order we get those four losses in doesn't matter, as long as we take advantage of easy opponents.

Viking said:
Right now we suck, and that's to be expected since we're still meshing this new team.
The starters have all been together on this team for at least one year. Even though they weren't all playing together for a good part of last season, I still personally don't consider this a "new team" to mesh.

Well, yeah, that is true, but we can't really keep up the same offense we had as well as we did when we had Vlade. The "new team" I was referring to was the team that's been on the floor. That is, namely, any one of the strange combinations outside of the starting five that we've had learning to play together. I do think there will be more regularity when everyone is playing regular "Adelman" minutes. :)

Prophetess said:
My two cents, since I actually got to watch..... we need to stop having defensive breakdowns and we need to DO OFFENSIVE REBOUNDING!!!!!!!!!
Not to be technical or anything, it's defensive boards. When a team gets a rebound on their defensive end of the court, it's called a defensive rebound. When the team gets a rebound on the offensive end of the court, it's an offensive rebound. In 2 out of the 3 games, the Kings have been getting killed by giving up too many offensive rebounds to the other team. Thus they need to improve their own defensive rebounding - ie; prevent the other team from getting too many offensive rebounds. Thus reducing opportunities for second chance points.

JB_kings said:
Not to be technical or anything, it's defensive boards. When a team gets a rebound on their defensive end of the court, it's called a defensive rebound. When the team gets a rebound on the offensive end of the court, it's an offensive rebound. In 2 out of the 3 games, the Kings have been getting killed by giving up too many offensive rebounds to the other team. Thus they need to improve their own defensive rebounding - ie; prevent the other team from getting too many offensive rebounds. Thus reducing opportunities for second chance points.
ok, but you got what I meant...;)