Here's one fan's message to the team. What's yours?

I won't have any optimism until I'm shown.

This goes from the guys in Stockton, to our core.

From the FO, to Walton.

At least Vivek spent the money, and has taken others advice, so he gets a pass for now.

This franchise, known for its share of historical blunders, has completely overthought things the last few years.

-save the team from extinction to Seattle....let’s have the new ownership clean house on a lot of the backoffice staff, alienating a lot of the people who gave their heart and soul
-draft Harry Giles, red shirt him a year, put him in the hands of a great training staff....let’s fire Pete Youngman the next year, get some fresh views with a new young head trainer only to see him leave for Kansas this offseason.
-draft an up and coming PG in Fox....pass on Luka for fit even regardless of talent, watch him with ROY and appear to be headed into superstardom
-make a big leap last year under coach Joerger, become the league darling playing a super fun style of play....fire coach, perform no formal coaching search and hiring “their guy” Walton as soon as possible
-make a gutsy trade of your franchise center that most ridicule, but in the end end up with the best player, a generational shooter in Buddy....squeeze just a little more on the negotiations to pee him off before finally signing

There are likely very good reasons for all of these things, many of which I probably agreed with at the time....or at least justified with my purple colored glasses. However, looking back it just seems like they can’t just leave good enough alone. They want to be an organization like the spurs, or blazers, Jazz....small markets with a cohesive system, continuity, long term vision. But that’s not how they act.

Ugh! I really want to stay out of it. But jeez did you really have to fire the first decent coach we have had in I cant remember how long? This team is incredibly bad. They seem to be back to square one. The defense defense defense is as bad as I have ever seen. Offense is not much better. Completely unwatchable. To put it nicely.

Ugh! I really want to stay out of it. But jeez did you really have to fire the first decent coach we have had in I cant remember how long? This team is incredibly bad. They seem to be back to square one. The defense defense defense is as bad as I have ever seen. Offense is not much better. Completely unwatchable. To put it nicely.
Second decent coach. Have we already forgot about Malone? Didn't he just take Denver deep into the playoffs?

My message would be to Fox:

He’s the max player and the super star. It’s time for him to have a heart-to-heart with Luke and Vlade about how he, Fox, is going to be running this team. He needs to tell Luke that Dedmon comes off the bench. Dedmon just slows Fox down and needs to be out of there. Fox needs to tell Luke how he, Fox, will be running the offense going forward. Luke spent his whole career with Kobe and the Zen Master—he will appreciate Fox’s assertiveness, and might even be waiting for it. Fox needs to tell Vlade who he wants off the team, and who we should target via trade—Fox needs to recruit those players. This is the NBA. Fox came here to have his own team, and he’s now graduated to the point where it is his time to run the team.

So far, another terrible product on the floor. I believe the talent is there but the coaching staff seems to be unable to get this group to play cohesively. Not sure Walton is or ever was the answer to this team taking the next step. I’m going to be watching him carefully. So my message is; “Hey coach, get it together NOW!” Or else

There is always a lot of discussion about" team chemistry and having a team gel." Those are very general terms. What it means is play with effort, play unselfishly and play like the coach instructs you to. The Kings are currently not doing any of these things very well.

One of my least favorite musings about letting go of good coaches in Malone and Joeger is this. We will almost certainly NEVER see them as Kings coaches again. We had two servicable guys and they are gone to provide there skills to the 29 other NBA teams. Its like we had blew our chance with our highschool sweetheart, twice. Even if they weren't perfect....they would have made us happy if we just stuck with it.

We have a great team on paper... That's it... You guys suck on the floor. New coach sucks and new players suck. But you all look good on paper!

If you're not going to play defense, at least run hard when you get the ball back.
And if you're going to chuck without passing, at least take it from beyond the arc.

Noticed that!!! They are no longer running and wearing out the other team. It's like the Kings slowed it down, even when the other team runs. Weird to see this because we have the fastest PG in the league..

I just don't get it. I was really excited about this team and so far they are just completely flat and lifeless and the results are even worse. Bagley being injured is pretty much icing on the cake here. But honestly its so much more than that. The great minds here were all excited about Dedmon coming up in FA and lo and behold we get him right off the bat and he stinks and makes us miss Willie? All our young talent seems to have regressed about a season and a half. eek.

Play like you did in the Pre-season game against the Utah Jazz. Most did not see it, as it was not on TV, but the Kings looked good playing against the Jazz starters.

My message would be to Fox:

He’s the max player and the super star. It’s time for him to have a heart-to-heart with Luke and Vlade about how he, Fox, is going to be running this team. He needs to tell Luke that Dedmon comes off the bench. Dedmon just slows Fox down and needs to be out of there. Fox needs to tell Luke how he, Fox, will be running the offense going forward. Luke spent his whole career with Kobe and the Zen Master—he will appreciate Fox’s assertiveness, and might even be waiting for it. Fox needs to tell Vlade who he wants off the team, and who we should target via trade—Fox needs to recruit those players. This is the NBA. Fox came here to have his own team, and he’s now graduated to the point where it is his time to run the team.
This isn't the popular viewpoint, but it's the right one. The good teams are run by a superstar and what he needs. I love Fox, but I don't know if it's in his nature to make demands of his teammates, let alone of the coaches and front office. In all honesty, Bags has the personality and desire to do it. He's just young at this point and the keys were already given to Fox. The reason why Shump was such a leader on this team and he was nowhere near that on any other team he's played on is because the Kings have too many passive personalities.

Bottom line is that Fox is going to have to step out of his comfort zone and find the dog in himself. Forget trying to be liked by anyone. The best players have almost more haters than supporters.

I thought maybe Ariza could fill the veteran leadership void Shump left, maybe Dedmon.

I don't really care if it's Fox or Bags who ultimately asserts himself as alpha. As long as one does and soon. This injury thing just gonna kill me tho.

Barnes has claimed to be the team leader, which is... not exciting.
Barnes is a great person, but when he was on the Mavericks, I don't remember much success. He has spent his entire career since college being solid but underwhelming.