Here We Go Again Another Off Season With No Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sactownfan

Well its gettin to about the halfway point in the off-season and sure enough all the trade talk involving the kings has died down. It looks as though all our moves have hit brick walls and are all but lost.

Im over this Artest to NY thread. Its looking obvious that Isiah has finally learned to not give away young talent for crazy seriously flawed players. OF COURSE THIS IS AFTER THE ZACK RANDOLPH TRADE AND GIVING AWAY FRYE TO ANOTHER TEAM.

Isiah said David Lee and Balkman are not coming to Sacramento ! END of Deal.

Ok well then..... hmm so moving on, what deals are left to make?

Hedo for K9?
Miami seems to be actively pursuing deals for a Point Guard, Maybe MIA?
Clippers, again? revisited

I personally think that we might be done with everything. concluding yet another boring and uneventful off-season. Minus Hawes who after one game has murdered Oden and KD's numbers. Hopefully he is the lone bright spot if nothing else gets done.

ITS A FACT that our players stock has reached an all time low and Petrie is commited to not adding anymore bad contracts. As well as getting equal value for anyplayer traded. And if he takes that stance then the doors shut for now. it could be the making of a trade deadline auction with Artest and Bibby going to the most desperate and highest bidder. there are alot of WIN NOW teams out there now. and theres a chance we could make out big with picks and talent by taking advantage of all the GM's looking to save their jobs.

all this is hinging on Bibby getting himself back to his old self. And it looks like teams are only willing to gamble on Artest for HALF a season(at most), maybe hoping for some of that half season magic he gave the kings when he was traded here in the first place.

I really hope Hawes keeps up the strong numbers for the entire summer league it would be nice to see some of the writers eat their words on Hawes being a bad pick for us. also its fun to cheer for the newest king even if its the summer league.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sactownfan

umm ok? when did OUR season end? Am i writing to Spurs fans? also i used About as in.... its about the half way point. so thanks for pointing out the obvious

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
umm ok? when did OUR season end? Am i writing to Spurs fans? also i used About as in.... its about the half way point. so thanks for pointing out the obvious
No, thank you for setting the standard so high. Dude, your whole post was about as obvious and redundant as they come so don't bite my head off.

The NBA season ended in June. It will begin again in November. Do the math. Half-way through the off-season will be August/Sept.

Entity

Hall of Famer
yeah come on guy you can't even sign FA until Wednesday. Thats when teams see what they can aquire that route and when they don't they start seeking trades. I mean why trade for something when you can get them as a FA. July 11th until umm..... maybe Aug. 11th i wouldy say about 30 days of prime trading time then camp starts then preseason in October.

um ya whatever. I'll take a boring offseason over picking up another shareef or salmons this summer.... I'm also willing to keep artest if it means not getting crappy contracts/no young players in return.

Gary

All-Star
Dang, would hate to have you as our GM... It's not even 3 months into the offseason.. (ok maybe almost 3) and you have already given up?

The Kings have 1 maybe 2 players they will move in the summer (barring multiplayer trades) so lets give Petrie some time. It's not the end of the world if we don't do everything here and now.

The off season doesn't really get going until July 11th, and by my calendar that's Tuesday. Simma down.
You might want to get a new calendar. The 11th is Wednesday

But seriously, what a brilliant thread. Maybe no trades are happening right now because IT'S THE MORATORIUM AND YOU CAN'T MAKE TRADES RIGHT NOW.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
You might want to get a new calendar. The 11th is Wednesday

But seriously, what a brilliant thread. Maybe no trades are happening right now because IT'S THE MORATORIUM AND YOU CAN'T MAKE TRADES RIGHT NOW.
And nbrans wins the thread... and this nifty trophy!

Status
Not open for further replies.