Harrison Barnes video

Nice video, but I'm not interested in seeing Dallas Harrison Barnes, I want to see GSW Harrison Barnes on the Kings.

Barnes is a nice 3rd or 4th option scorer. As the number 1 guy in Dallas, he was forcing his shots too much and not moving the rock. He is not an Alpha scorer, which is what Dallas tried to make him. But he is a nice 3rd option on the Kings behind Buddy and Fox.

We don't need Barnes to come in here and score 20ppg, like what Dallas asked of him. We need Barnes to come in and be a solid scorer and defender. If he can efficiently average 16-18 PPG and play solid defense for the Kings, he would be worth his weight in gold to the Kings.

He could be the missing piece of the puzzle for the Kings. Let's hope he integrates nicely into Joeger's system. From all accounts, he is a hard worker and a professional, so I think he will fit in nicely with our Kings! ;)

Nice video, but I'm not interested in seeing Dallas Harrison Barnes, I want to see GSW Harrison Barnes.

Barnes is a nice 3rd or 4th option scorer. As the number 1 guy in Dallas, he was forcing his shots too much and not moving the rock. He is not an Alpha scorer, which is what Dallas tried to make him. But he is a nice 3rd option on the Kings behind Buddy and Fox.

We don't need Barnes to come in here and score 20ppg, like what Dallas asked of him. We need Barnes to come in and be a solid scorer and defender. If he can average efficiently score 16-18 PPG and play solid defense for the Kings, he would be worth his weight in gold to the Kings.

He could be the missing piece of the puzzle for the Kings. Let's hope he integrates nicely into Joeger's system. From all accounts, he is a hard worker and a professional, so I think he will fit in nicely with our Kings! ;)
If you want to see a golden state Warriors Harrison Barnes video, there is one posted in the other Barnes thread of him posterizing people.

Nice video, but I'm not interested in seeing Dallas Harrison Barnes, I want to see GSW Harrison Barnes.

We don't need Barnes to come in here and score 20ppg, like what Dallas asked of him. We need Barnes to come in and be a solid scorer and defender. If he can efficiently average 16-18 PPG and play solid defense for the Kings, he would be worth his weight in gold to the Kings.

This.

I have this gut feeling that Barnes is going to fit like a puzzle piece right into the starting SF role. It's one of those sneaky moves that Petrie used to make. Picking up guys that didn't quite fit elsewhere and then they blow up here. Of course Adelman was key in that, but Joerger might be even better... we haven't really seen much evidence of that except little clues like the mini Shump resurgance, etc. In the post Webber era, we would get vets that would come here and shine but that was mostly because our team sucked and they got to be the man for a bit (Bonzi, Artest), but this situation is entirely different. We have a lot of great offensive firepower and a solid system, and in that scenario we are looking more like a team that can pick up a Brad Miller type (not comparing player type, but stage in career) and they could excel here.

Something about this move is just perfect.

Last edited:
Harrison Barnes certainly seems like a high-character individual, and his personality should fit in nicely on this roster. However, I remain curious about the disconnect between his off-court demeanor and his on-court play. He seems like such a good guy and such an unselfish player, but his assist percentage relative to his usage rate over the course of his career is a bit alarming to me.

Then again, if he functions as a catch-and-shoot third option and the recipient of transition opportunities and lob passes from the Kings' primary playmakers, I suppose his assist percentage won't matter as much. We won't know how it all gels until he's on the court with the rest of the starters, but I'm hoping that my prior assessment of Barnes as Rudy Gay-lite proves unfounded in Sacramento.

Harrison Barnes certainly seems like a high-character individual, and his personality should fit in nicely on this roster. However, I remain curious about the disconnect between his off-court demeanor and his on-court play. He seems like such a good guy and such an unselfish player, but his assist percentage relative to his usage rate over the course of his career is a bit alarming to me.

Then again, if he functions as a catch-and-shoot third option and the recipient of transition opportunities and lob passes from the Kings' primary playmakers, I suppose his assist percentage won't matter as much. We won't know how it all gels until he's on the court with the rest of the starters, but I'm hoping that my prior assessment of Barnes as Rudy Gay-lite proves unfounded in Sacramento.
I think that once he signed that max deal in Dallas, he was expected to be the Alpha scorer for them. He is not an Alpha scorer, but he is a high end starting SF. The expectations and what Dallas asked of him changed his role and his mentality. He became an efficient scorer, because he was asked to carry the scoring load for that team. He won't be put in that position with the Kings.

I hope that Joeger and Vlade has discussed his role on the Kings. I don't think they expect him to come in an be an Alpha scorer. They want him to be the Harrison Barnes we saw in GSW, a solid complimentary piece of the puzzle. As long as he buys into what the Kings are doing, I think he will fit like a glove on this team. :)

What i like most about these trades is we added 2 guys that can create their own shot. Especially come playoff time when the game slows down we will need these 2 to create for themselves and others. If my expectations are right then these guys are going to be perfect fits and hopefully this off season we can lock them both up long term and be able to have our roster set going forward.

Last edited:
Well, at least now the Kings have 2 more players that can create and find shots for others. Burk definitely help off the bench because sometimes Bogi couldn't find shots for others and struggling with dribbling. I don't think he can be an effective PG. Yogi is the only player than can create shots for others off the bench.

If you put photos of Jackson and Barnes side by side, they look like before and after photos for someone that has taken up weight lifting as a hobby.
If Barnes can run the floor, play defense and even score 12-14 ppg, he will be a great fit for the new look Kings.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
If you put photos of Jackson and Barnes side by side, they look like before and after photos for someone that has taken up weight lifting as a hobby.
If Barnes can run the floor, play defense and even score 12-14 ppg, he will be a great fit for the new look Kings.
Both Carolina guys too

Entity

Hall of Famer
there will be times when Barnes puts up 25. We got 5 guys Fox, Buddy, Bogi, Barnes, and Bagley that on any given night could get you 20+ and 4 more guys WCS, Harry, Bjelcia and Burks that have done it at least once this season. Not to mention what Brewer and yogi can give you. I think we are gonna see alot more games where we have 3 guys with 20+ in the same game.

It wouldn't matter how much Jackson lifted weights, he wouldn't look like Barnes. Barnes is a mesomorph, Jackson is an ectomorph. Jackson can make gains, not that he did so last Summer. He looks (and acts) like a vegan to me. I imagine he consumes a lot of salads and tofu. Anyway that is the last I will have to say about Goose Egg. For further conversations, please visit mavsmoneyball.com :p

1549663737644.png

Not for nothing, but hearing the words Kings and Playoffs in the same sentence without people laughing really drives home the fact that our improvement has been astronomical.

Barnes and Alec are both excited to be here. Genuinely excited. We haven't had THAT in a long time. I am just relishing this particular moment. If we make the playoffs, I will absolutely lose my mind. If my wife doesn't kick me out of the house for yelling then I will have failed as a fan.

I mean, are you even a fan if your wife doesn't kick you out of the house during a playoff game??

It wouldn't matter how much Jackson lifted weights, he wouldn't look like Barnes. Barnes is a mesomorph, Jackson is an ectomorph. Jackson can make gains, not that he did so last Summer. He looks (and acts) like a vegan to me. I imagine he consumes a lot of salads and tofu. Anyway that is the last I will have to say about Goose Egg. For further conversations, please visit mavsmoneyball.com :p

View attachment 8882
I never imagined I would see this on Kingsfans.com

Nice video, but I'm not interested in seeing Dallas Harrison Barnes, I want to see GSW Harrison Barnes on the Kings.

Barnes used to take only 2 or 3 's per game for the Warriors, this year he's making 2.5 3's per game...

Last season Harrison Barnes was one of the best Isolation scorers in the NBA... ppl love to gloss over this when discussing barnes, and when u bring it up people are shocked... It's true though, last season he proved to be an efficent scorer in iso, on high volume, he's also proven to be a high volume 3pt shooter in Dallas, which is what we'll need him to be...

Here's the list of the top Iso scorers in the league last season;

1 James Harden 12.2ppg
2 LeBron 6.1ppg
3 CP3 5.6ppg
4 John Wall 4.9ppg
5 Dame Lillard 4.2ppg
6 Westbrook 4.1ppg
7 HARRISON BARNES 4.0ppg
8 KD 3.8ppg

Barnes used to take only 2 or 3 's per game for the Warriors, this year he's making 2.5 3's per game...

Last season Harrison Barnes was one of the best Isolation scorers in the NBA... ppl love to gloss over this when discussing barnes, and when u bring it up people are shocked... It's true though, last season he proved to be an efficent scorer in iso, on high volume, he's also proven to be a high volume 3pt shooter in Dallas, which is what we'll need him to be...

1 James Harden 12.2ppg
2 LeBron 6.1ppg
3 CP3 5.6ppg
4 John Wall 4.9ppg
5 Dame Lillard 4.2ppg
6 Westbrook 4.1ppg
7 HARRISON BARNES 4.0ppg
8 KD 3.8ppg
This is extremely important for late games and playoffs. We now have Fox, Bagley and Barnes that can get you a bucket when the offense stalls. I left off Bogi because he usually plays a 2 man game to get his shot off.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Not for nothing, but hearing the words Kings and Playoffs in the same sentence without people laughing really drives home the fact that our improvement has been astronomical.

Barnes and Alec are both excited to be here. Genuinely excited. We haven't had THAT in a long time. I am just relishing this particular moment. If we make the playoffs, I will absolutely lose my mind. If my wife doesn't kick me out of the house for yelling then I will have failed as a fan.

I mean, are you even a fan if your wife doesn't kick you out of the house during a playoff game??
Are you even a fan if you married someone who doesn't like basketball? :p

I’m sooo happy our new guys are playing right away, i don’t know what to do. We gotta come out strong and take each game seriously

I trust that we will

kingsboi

Hall of Famer

View attachment 8882
now that's hilarious :D

Barnes is a good fit for the Kings. He did everything he was supposed to do already. Great attitude. He reminds me of an NFL defensive back, If he gets beat on defense he scrambles to close the gap and get back in position.

Barnes is a good fit for the Kings. He did everything he was supposed to do already. Great attitude. He reminds me of an NFL defensive back, If he gets beat on defense he scrambles to close the gap and get back in position.
He's a good fit and just as important, he's a good fit for Joerger. Barnes has a mature game and plays physically like a grown man. This team has been seriously missing that.

You can tell that the addition of Barnes has taken pressure off of Joerger to figure out matchups. Sort of like the way he uses Bogi to take the pressure off of finding the right plays on offense, Barnes takes pressure off of finding the right defender. It will take a few games to reset the team dynamics and get going. Hopefully we continue to win along the way.

1 James Harden 12.2ppg
2 LeBron 6.1ppg
3 CP3 5.6ppg
4 John Wall 4.9ppg
5 Dame Lillard 4.2ppg
6 Westbrook 4.1ppg
7 HARRISON BARNES 4.0ppg
8 KD 3.8ppg
Posting counting stats without the context of efficiency is pretty useless. For example, did it take him 6 shots to get those 4 points or did it take him 2? That’s hugely important.

Can you post the link showing how efficiently he scores in ISOs compared to his peers? Then and only then can we have a real conversation about his ability as an ISO scorer.

Posting counting stats without the context of efficiency is pretty useless. For example, did it take him 6 shots to get those 4 points or did it take him 2? That’s hugely important.

Can you post the link showing how efficiently he scores in ISOs compared to his peers? Then and only then can we have a real conversation about his ability as an ISO scorer.
"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self" - Hemingway

Barnes was plenty efficient vs his peers in ISO last season if you look at it on a Points Per Possession basis, im certain.

More important than that there's certainly a marked increase in his Iso efficiency from the '16-'17 season to the '17-'18 season, there's unmistakeble progress made in this area... It's like a big step up number too, from about .93 points per possession in iso to around .97

BArnes, I believe int he first 40 games last year his efficiency was really outstanding in iso and it tailed off a bit as the season wound down (The Mavs were tanking Cuban even got fined for talking about it publicly if you recall....)