[Grades] Grades vs. Blazers, 11/18 Version (split)

Since there are no grades for last nights wonderful game (why bother, right?), I'll post here in the rarest of rare things, a game the team won.

This is one of the worst teams, right now, on paper, in NBA history folks. Vlade has assembled of team of absolutely nothing. It's stunning to watch. How could this even happen? No hope, no future, the best player is zach flipping randolph at 36 playing less than 24 mpg. I won't get into the numbers but this is BAD. Really bad. the numbers say this team should be 2-14. That's a 10 win pace. 10!

The summer optimism of the NBA pundits was utterly absurd. Especially after these kids got worked over by low level d league talent this summer. This team is worse on paper than the worst intentionally bad sixers teams of recent vintage. Really. Dig into the numbers.

Yes, it's a small sample size. and that 46 point loss to the very terrible hawks skews things, but good golly everyone, this isn't even rock bottom. wait till we win 18 next year and have no pick.

Vlade has set this team back a decade or more.

At the moment by almost any measure, this team is overachieving in the win column. If Joerger gets this team over 20 wins he should be coach of the year.

Historically bad folks. This is why many of us left immediately post Boogie. It was, and is, hopeless, and will be for at least 4-7 seasons.

This is what you people wanted, huh? Enjoy. Is everyone smiling?

Since there are no grades for last nights wonderful game (why bother, right?), I'll post here in the rarest of rare things, a game the team won.

This is one of the worst teams, right now, on paper, in NBA history folks. Vlade has assembled of team of absolutely nothing. It's stunning to watch. How could this even happen? No hope, no future, the best player is zach flipping randolph at 36 playing less than 24 mpg. I won't get into the numbers but this is BAD. Really bad. the numbers say this team should be 2-14. That's a 10 win pace. 10!

The summer optimism of the NBA pundits was utterly absurd. Especially after these kids got worked over by low level d league talent this summer. This team is worse on paper than the worst intentionally bad sixers teams of recent vintage. Really. Dig into the numbers.

Yes, it's a small sample size. and that 46 point loss to the very terrible hawks skews things, but good golly everyone, this isn't even rock bottom. wait till we win 18 next year and have no pick.

At the moment by almost any measure, this team is overachieving in the win column. If Joerger gets this team over 20 wins he should be coach of the year.

Historically bad folks. This is why many of us left immediately post Boogie. It was, and is, hopeless, and will be for at least 4-7 seasons.

Thanks for your return. You pst make, someone who never left, smile. I am enjoying this season and look forward to being there. I’ll be there tomorrow night. When season is over I can count up the wins and losses, in the meantime each game is a new adventure. Welcome back.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME

I'm smiling. I'm also well aware we're a team in transition and things are gonna be tough.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Thanks for your return. You pst make, someone who never left, smile. I am enjoying this season and look forward to being there. I’ll be there tomorrow night. When season is over I can count up the wins and losses, in the meantime each game is a new adventure. Welcome back.
I agree with MOST of your sentiments ...

Does this team make me want to gouge my eyeballs out?

Yes

Does this team suck with the worst of them?

Yes

Will I keep watching them play?

Yes

The Sacramento Kings have been historically bad for pretty much their entire time in Sacramento. I can keep watching them play though if they go out and show heart each night. They show glimpses of something really special...I can cling to that. We have a ton of young talent that are just starting their NBA journey. I'll give them a few years to get it together.

Just so long as they show heart though. I can't stand the scared, pitiful way they've been playing some games. I was hoping Zbo would at least teach them to play rough and to not back down.

Idk maybe they gotta learn that as well :/

Team was going nowhere before the trade except to treadmill below the 8th seed for next decade. No thanks. Im much more interested in watching the story of this team over the next decade to see how tjings unfold.

Although, maybe kings could have "Bledsoed" cousins and shut him down at all star break las year and then hold him out all this year....that might have worked