Gonzaga = Sacramento kings

I have seen so many similarities over the years , great teams over the last 7-8 yrs .We have been involved in some major chokejobs over the years . Great regular season teams with a lot of talent , but the kings only got the WCF once . Zags made to elite eight once . The both teams have "gotten there " but lacked that toughness to make the push for the title . It is frustrating to look at these teams and realize we are version of the colts (nfl ) every year .

My teams have always let me down in the playoffs , kings , oakland a's , rams who won the super bowl in 99 and lost super bowl in 01 by a field goal .

oakland a's could not win the deciding game four years in a row , they blew 2-0 leads in a 5 game series three yrs in a row .

U think it is bad to be a fan of the cubs , trying be a fan of kings , oakland a's , rams , dallas stars and the zags . All these teams had so much talent and great regular season , but the rams only won the superbowl once and stars won the cup only once .

BUT I WILL ALWAYS CHERISH THOSE 7-8 YRS AND CONTINUE TO DO THE SAME IN THE FUTURE !

Last edited:
Hmm one thing I know that they all have in common...you. Can you be a fan of the Lakers instead? JK

You are true to your team and that is the best kind of fan.

ONe thing i think we missed is that "tough " player , morrison is the only guy i can think besides of artest who resembles . Webb was a tough player but he had his lapses ...... anyways here's to the future and better playoff / ncaa results !

Last edited:
Variant said:
Actually I've always thought the Kings of the NFL were the Vikings. Tease ya all season long then fold down the stretch.
I was going to say the same thing. I still believe they would have beat the Broncos in 99! But still...I support my Vikes!:)

Morrison was upset he threw the damn ball to J.P. Batista because he lost the damn ball. That sequence cost them the game. Very disappointing end to their season!

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Last night was about the first time I can think of Gonzaga ever choking. Normally they exceed all expectations. I know that they are beyond being Cinderellas at this point, but maybe last season and this were the only times anyone ever considered them a threat to even make the final four.

I really don't like comparing the Kings to other teams. Its a unique experience all in its own. We were a doormat franchise for years, we're still building something here. Even if we go back to sucking its hard to say the last 7 years were a disappointment for those of us that have been fans since the Kings came to Sac or longer. But for all we know the last 7 years were the Drew Bledsoe Patriots and Artest will make us the Tom Brady version. One can only hope.

pdxKingsFan said:
Last night was about the first time I can think of Gonzaga ever choking. Normally they exceed all expectations. I know that they are beyond being Cinderellas at this point, but maybe last season and this were the only times anyone ever considered them a threat to even make the final four.

I really don't like comparing the Kings to other teams. Its a unique experience all in its own. We were a doormat franchise for years, we're still building something here. Even if we go back to sucking its hard to say the last 7 years were a disappointment for those of us that have been fans since the Kings came to Sac or longer. But for all we know the last 7 years were the Drew Bledsoe Patriots and Artest will make us the Tom Brady version. One can only hope.
I hate Tom Brady...

I never thought the Kings were ever really a disappointment. They always seemed to just barely exceed my expectations (except for last years playoffs, where they barely missed them). The A's are kind of the same recently, although in the 90's they were a source of some major letdowns. I don't know about Gonzaga, but until recently haven't they always been a low seed making upsets?

Having a great regular season and then losing in the postseason is not a choke job if you aren't expected to win it all. When only one team wins a championship a year in each sport, chances are good that most of your favorite teams will come up empty.

*CHOKERS* their meltdown in the last 3 mins really irritated me as they tried to run down the clock instead of trying to keep UCLA from their comeback.
it reminded me of the kings meltdown a few years ago. really poor decision making in the end of the game.

MrBiggs said:
Morrison is weak for crying and giving up with time still on the clock.
c'mon man, I dont buy that. Morrison let his emotions get the best of him, true.. but he is young and was expected to carry his team in a HUGE game. He shouldn't be perceived as "weak" for having such intense emotions. the kid is solid and will only get better. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Kings uni :D

I've watched the Zags a few times this year. They were never close to being championship fodder. They escaped against St. Mary's with barely a win, and Adam Morrison was the only player who played decently well, and he wasn't even that impressive. Gonzaga has very little talent past 3 or 4 guys, and their losing was inevitable, somewhere, unless Morrison managed to play insanely well for every single game in the tournament, and still had heroes step up from nowhere on that team. The Kings were a great team in past years, and lost after great series with team play on single, heartbreaking shots.

And SKFFL is right, I think. The Giants meltdown against the Angels, right after the Kings and Lakers (or before, get times muddled)...ugh. Gave me a feeling like I'd never see one of my teams get a ring. :(

atxrocker said:
c'mon man, I dont buy that. Morrison let his emotions get the best of him, true.. but he is young and was expected to carry his team in a HUGE game. He shouldn't be perceived as "weak" for having such intense emotions. the kid is solid and will only get better. I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Kings uni :D

I was at that game last night, 5 rows behind UCLA's basket. In my opinion it was Gonzaga's coach that blew it, he waisted their last time out too early. And on top of it, the refs were totally biased, you think that the Kings were harrassed Wednesday, Gonzaga's pg Derick Raivio and Morrison got beat up the whole game. there were way to many no calls in favor of UCLA, the "and 1" should of counted for UCLA towords the end ill admit that, but Batista was hacked under the hoop I think it was Gonzaga's 3rd to last possession. Im not a Gonzaga fan, but i definitely want UCLA to lose, I got the same seats for saturday's game I have a feeling Memphis, from what ive seen of them last night as well are going to work UCLA.

And ill tell you right now, I would love to see Morrison on the Kings. Comming off the bench behind Artest. Make some trades to get him Sacramento please.

Merdiesel said:
I was at that game last night, 5 rows behind UCLA's basket. In my opinion it was Gonzaga's coach that blew it, he waisted their last time out too early. And on top of it, the refs were totally biased, you think that the Kings were harrassed Wednesday, Gonzaga's pg Derick Raivio and Morrison got beat up the whole game. there were way to many no calls in favor of UCLA, the "and 1" should of counted for UCLA towords the end ill admit that, but Batista was hacked under the hoop I think it was Gonzaga's 3rd to last possession. Im not a Gonzaga fan, but i definitely want UCLA to lose, I got the same seats for saturday's game I have a feeling Memphis, from what ive seen of them last night as well are going to work UCLA.

I agree with you man, I can't believe how bad the reffing was in favor of UCLA. Morrison and Raivio got fouled a lot but it wasn't called.

pdxKingsFan

So Ordinary That It's Truly Quite Extraordinary
Staff member
Merdiesel said:
And ill tell you right now, I would love to see Morrison on the Kings. Comming off the bench behind Artest. Make some trades to get him Sacramento please.
I expect Morrison will start in the NBA and soon. He'd probably make for an expensive backup (in terms of what we'd have to trade to get him) at a spot we're already solid in. If we're trading up in the draft I hope its for a shot at a legitimate big man.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
pdxKingsFan said:
I expect Morrison will start in the NBA and soon. He'd probably make for an expensive backup (in terms of what we'd have to trade to get him) at a spot we're already solid in. If we're trading up in the draft I hope its for a shot at a legitimate big man.
I agree completely. Morrison is way too good to be utilized as a backup.

I'd rather see us get someone like Sheldon Williams. ;)

captain bill said:
And SKFFL is right, I think. The Giants meltdown against the Angels, right after the Kings and Lakers (or before, get times muddled)...ugh. Gave me a feeling like I'd never see one of my teams get a ring. :(

as a fellow Giants and Kings fan I agree.:(

MrBiggs said:
Oh gimme a break. They all cry - you can't compare this to the pros. JJ Reddick cried for the same reason. This is their last college game - it's their life, not just a game, so cut them some slack.

MrBiggs said:

Not just with time on the clock, they also still had a chance to win or tie. Weak sauce. Larry Bird never cried w/ time on the clock. As for the pics, who's ever accused T-Mac of being a playoff performer? And I think at this point it is universally understood that Kobe is not quite right. Great competitor, great player, but just a little bit off. There's just too much self-inflicted drama in Kobe's life.