[Game] Game 34: Sacramento Kings @ Detroit Pistons - 1/4/15 - 2:30 pst 5:30 est

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
And here we go again...

What will we see? A team united by adversity, working hard to show they're more than just random pieces tossed into the wind? Or a bunch of guys who happened to find some uniforms and put them on ... not really caring whether they play well or not?

I did some reading of a lot of the threads in the archives. It's been a very rare occasion when Kings fans could just sit back and enjoy the game without having to worry about drama, about frustration, about players who were or weren't really giving it all. Maybe this is the norm...and that brief period of time at the beginning of this season was the aberration.

Being a Kings fan is not for the faint of heart.

Having said all that, this is a game we can and (under normal conditions) should win. Whether we do so or not, however, is up to the fickle finger of fate.

GO KINGS!!

K

KingMilz

If we don't keep Drummond/Mornoe off the boards we are in trouble and we for the love of god don't start Williams on Mornoe.

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
The new starting lineup should definitely be

Gay
D-Will
Nik
Ben
Collison

Bring Demarcus off the bench as a super-sub. Ultimate positionlessness. Who needs defense when you can have D-Will, DC, Rudy, and Ben running the break with Nik putting up Heslip numbers from the perimeter. Championship basketball 3.0!

Seriously guys, I think Detroit has not lost a game since they let Josh Smith go. Amazing how those kind of moves can affect teams. That said, I don't think that it is going to be an easy game to win, quite the opposite.

K

KingMilz

Seriously guys, I think Detroit has not lost a game since they let Josh Smith go. Amazing how those kind of moves can affect teams. That said, I don't think that it is going to be an easy game to win, quite the opposite.
The only time you hear the terms "win", "easy" and "Kings/Sacramento" is when other teams are talking about us.

Unfortunately I think tonite is going to be the start of the ****storm that this week will be. That being said, I'll be following along at work and Go Kings!

The new starting lineup should definitely be

Gay
D-Will
Nik
Ben
Collison

Bring Demarcus off the bench as a super-sub. Ultimate positionlessness. Who needs defense when you can have D-Will, DC, Rudy, and Ben running the break with Nik putting up Heslip numbers from the perimeter. Championship basketball 3.0!
Nice to see you back!

Drummond and Monroe is a Big PF and Center combo. Monroe is very skilled and Drummond is a physical beast.

Most of us Kings fans know that the no brainer line up to face these guys is JT and Boogie. It will be interesting to see what Corbin does.

At least Josh Smith won't score 21 and grab 13 boards.

I'm sure the senior Malone coached his rear end off in preparation for this game:cool:

Personally, I'm pumped for this game. Since the Pistons have dumped Josh Smith and Meeks returned from injury, their team has looked good. Jennings shooting is much improved (albeit only because he is shooting less), and I like Monroe. Cousins wasn't in the last game these two teams played, so looking forward to his matchup with Mr. Drummond. Kentavious Caldwell-Pope legitimately lacks a first name. JT might play today... and football is on. Sweet.

kingsboi

Hall of Famer
the Kings couldn't beat the Pistons when they were at their lowest....now that they got rid of the cancer that is Josh Smith, they have been playing better. Chalk this up as a double digit loss. Drummond and Monroe will feast on the glass, book it. Caldwell Pope will probably light up Ben

Spike

Subsidiary Intermediary
Staff member
Ramon Session (Back) is out for tonight's game, Omri Casspi (Knee) is also out for tonight's game.
Will people still complain about Malone playing Sessions more than Corbin does? I don't think he's been healthy since the switch.

If Corbin is truly playing matchups, DWill won't start. Otherwise, it's just more BS that strengthens the argument that he is not entirely in charge.

The game's outcome won't change the feelings in Kingsland, especially with tomorrow's meeting looming. I'm expecting a blowout; just not sure in which direction quite yet.

gunks

Hall of Famer
To win this, Cousins needs to pull his head out of his ***.

Malone is gone, it sucks, we're all upset about it too, big fella... Now be a professional and go out there and do what you are paid to do: destroy them.

Glenn

Hall of Famer
If JT isn't starting than I don't know what to tell you. I'm suprised Malone's head didn't explode with all the stupid poopoo that's was going on around him.
He is one of the few people whose reputation has improved by being fired.

KICK. ASS. KINGS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: