Fox out 10-14 days - Health and Safety Protocol

Man, you have been hammering McNair in a lot of your posts. Why not tell us what you really think of him as a GM?
For the same reason others have hammered Luke. So far what I have seen from McNair is he has no foresight or strategic direction and he sucks as a GM. I’m tired of poor GM’s just like others are tired of poor coaches.

Maybe McNair is proven to be a draft day genius and I will have to eat my words. We shall see

dude12

Hall of Famer
For the same reason others have hammered Luke. So far what I have seen from McNair is he has no foresight or strategic direction and he sucks as a GM. I’m tired of poor GM’s just like others are tired of poor coaches.

Maybe McNair is proven to be a draft day genius and I will have to eat my words. We shall see
Lmao....face it, as much as you say Walton is not that good you come across as a big fan of his. And that’s ok if that’s your choosing. But you are so over the top with the criticism of McNair that it exposes your fandom of Walton. If Waltons your guy, he’s your guy.

Man, you have been hammering McNair in a lot of your posts. Why not tell us what you really think of him as a GM?
This deserves a more complete response.

To me McNair seems like a GM without a strategic direction or plan. He has no clear view of where he is going or how he is getting there.

Specific examples:
1) if you are rebuilding and don’t want to sign Bogi for an predictable 18M then make the trade and get a trade exception and a couple 2nds. Instead he dithered and got nothing.
2) if you are going to rebuild why send 2 2nds and take on an extra 9M for Delon? All that trade will likely do is get us to 8 or 9.
3) he then put words to his actions by going on the radio and stating he intended to keep all options open which basically put into words the criticism I was already seeing.

Again perhaps he is a draft genius we shall see.

Lmao....face it, as much as you say Walton is not that good you come across as a big fan of his. And that’s ok if that’s your choosing. But you are so over the top with the criticism of McNair that it exposes your fandom of Walton. If Waltons your guy, he’s your guy.
Then you should read more closely. I’m not a fan of Walton but I’m fine with him leading this years tank. I am absolutely not a fan of McNair.

His moves have led us right back to the 8/9 lottery slot with less draft capital then when we started the year. Nothing much for which to base your fandom. He took a bad hand dealt to him by Vlade and found a way to make it worse.
( Haliburton excepted)

Last edited:
let me ask you... in what way are the Kings better after a year of McNair?

1) We have finished in a worst position than last year.
2) We have fewer assets in our war chest
3) We will likely end up with the 8th or 9th pick in a 5 man top talent draft.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I didn’t blame McNair for that either. I blamed him for not adjusting afterward.
It's hard to "adjust after" when another team immediately lets it be known they will give him the contract he wants and has signed him to a RFA offer shortly after. The Kings had no leverage at that point.

It's hard to "adjust after" when another team immediately lets it be known they will give him the contract he wants and has signed him to a RFA offer shortly after. The Kings had no leverage at that point.
I get that. So you counter Atlanta’s trade offer with 2 seconds if you aren’t going to match anyway.

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
I get that. So you counter Atlanta’s trade offer with 2 seconds if you aren’t going to match anyway.
Atlanta didn't have a trade offer for him. Bogi signed a RFA offer sheet with Atlanta as soon as he could.

Once the Bucks trade blew up right before the deadline and an investigation was announced by the NBA, the Kings couldn't take a chance talking with other teams before the deadline lifted. And once that did, everyone knew Bogi already had an offer that he would sign (Atlanta) and he did.

There was no "adjust after" possible at that point. The Bucks trade blew up and after that Bogi already had the offer on the table he wanted (that we weren't going to match since we already had Buddy on a significant contract).

edit - added clarifications to my post.

Last edited:

To me McNair seems like a GM without a strategic direction or plan. He has no clear view of where he is going or how he is getting there.

Specific examples:
1) if you are rebuilding and don’t want to sign Bogi for an predictable 18M then make the trade and get a trade exception and a couple 2nds. Instead he dithered and got nothing.
2) if you are going to rebuild why send 2 2nds and take on an extra 9M for Delon? All that trade will likely do is get us to 8 or 9.
3) he then put words to his actions by going on the radio and stating he intended to keep all options open which basically put into words the criticism I was already seeing.

Do facts still relevant or is this even real life?

1: "Instead he dithered and got nothing"? He got what he wanted in Donte Divenchenzo but the leak F'd us up.

2: Delon is part of the rebuild. With Fox and Haliburton, Delon is the flexible piece who can come out give you at least one of the following from a bench standpoint: playmaking, scoring, defense. What that trade IS doing is to give us a way better Cory Joseph in the exact same contract length but for a fraction of the price, whom, we could still either deal (since he is a better Cory Joseph) or keep as a back up down the line.

3: whatever he said is irrelevant since none of your points you put up so far were factual.

I am so tired of some of you (well particularly you but this forum seems to frown upon directing comments towards a poster) coming in and lash out on our new GM who had neither said enough nor even done enough to be highly critical, one way or the other. I understand this is a losing franchise and a certain amount of nonsense and madness is going to be present, but come on now, critical of things you have ready knowledge of, not just throw sh*t on the wall and see what sticks because soon your house is gonna smell like nothing else.

gunks

Hall of Famer
I don’t get how anyone can judge McNair one way or another yet.

He hasn’t made a colossal, franchise crippling **** up yet. So with the bar set incredibly low by Vlade “I’m going to make a colossal, franchise crippling **** up” Divac, I guess he’s doing ok in year one.

Starting with the draft, I’ll have higher expectations. Like sactowndog, I too want to see some direction from the FO, I just don’t think it’s fair to expect much in year one.

Last edited:
Atlanta didn't have a trade offer for him. Bogi signed a RFA offer sheet with Atlanta as soon as he could.

Once the Bucks trade blew up right before the deadline and an investigation was announced by the NBA, the Kings couldn't take a chance talking with other teams before the deadline lifted. And once that did, everyone knew Bogi already had an offer that he would sign (Atlanta) and he did.

There was no "adjust after" possible at that point. The Bucks trade blew up and after that Bogi already had the offer on the table he wanted (that we weren't going to match since we already had Buddy on a significant contract).

edit - added clarifications to my post.
Atlanta would have preferred a sign and trade and did offer I believe a second and Tony Snell. We never bothered to counter with just the 2nds and no Snell. To this day no one knows why.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
we have 4 incoming and 2 outgoing, but I don’t count the one to the clippers, so that’s a net 3.
Sure, but if you're not counting the pick going TO the Clippers, you probably shouldn't count the pick coming FROM the Clippers, which won't convey unless Atlanta is a top-5 team in the league next year.

Specific examples:

I appreciate your posts sactowndog. Don't agree with them all, but I enjoy reading them.

I would have preferred a coaching change, but I understand the financial reasons for letting Luke coach this season.

Haliburton looks like a steal at 12 so kudos to McNair and staff for not screwing that up.

I thought we would see more of a tank job. But the truth is it is what it is. Who knows Viveks and Dumars role here.

Perhaps my biggest disappointment was when the Bucks screwed up the Bogi deal. Donte DiVincenzo would have been a good get for the Kings.

That said I cannot fault Bogi and his agent grabbing the bag of cash ATL offered.

Last edited:
Atlanta would have preferred a sign and trade and did offer I believe a second and Tony Snell. We never bothered to counter with just the 2nds and no Snell. To this day no one knows why.
why the hell would atl offer 2 second round picks (or even 1 second round pick for that matter) for a sign and trade when they can just sign him outright for nothing. (which they did). the only reason to offer a pick is to unload an undesired contract like snell in that situation. Your hate is really starting to show through when you basically call mcnair an idiot for not being able to make an impossible move. Hey, instead of signing bogie to a contract for free, how about you give me 2 future draft picks in order to sign him? Did you think vlade or pete d'allesandro secretly get hired as gm of atlanta?

Warhawk

The cake is a lie.
Staff member
Ah, the above posts refreshed my memory of what you are talking about. I think they also answered your "question".

why the hell would atl offer 2 second round picks (or even 1 second round pick for that matter) for a sign and trade when they can just sign him outright for nothing. (which they did). the only reason to offer a pick is to unload an undesired contract like snell in that situation. Your hate is really starting to show through when you basically call mcnair an idiot for not being able to make an impossible move. Hey, instead of signing bogie to a contract for free, how about you give me 2 future draft picks in order to sign him? Did you think vlade or pete d'allesandro secretly get hired as gm of atlanta?
Why? Because Atlanta didn’t want to live with the poison pills they knew would be in the offer sheet. For Atlanta it would be worth a second to not have the poison pills.