Fox named as Kings rep for draft lottery

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
For those of us (myself included) who were advocating for sending Jerry Reynolds, keep in mind that he has given up his color job largely because the travel is too hard on him now. Travel for the lotto would be no different, so even if the Kings did offer him the honor (I don't think we know one way or another if they did) he likely would have declined.

That said, Fox was what, 85% in the clutch this year? Time for one more notch on that record, De'Aaron!

For those of us (myself included) who were advocating for sending Jerry Reynolds, keep in mind that he has given up his color job largely because the travel is too hard on him now. Travel for the lotto would be no different, so even if the Kings did offer him the honor (I don't think we know one way or another if they did) he likely would have declined.

That said, Fox was what, 85% in the clutch this year? Time for one more notch on that record, De'Aaron!
I came to the same conclusion regarding sending Jerry. If it was offered he no doubt would have politely declined.

That happened without warning. On an old fan site I was part of there was always a thread for who you think will rep the Kings in the draft.
Anyways, Fox is a good choice, better than Adrienne Maloof.

As has been mentioned above, one of the reasons Jerry stepped down as color commentator was because of the traveling. It's quite possible they could have discussed with him and he declined the honor.

I think DeFox is a great choice!
I figured as much. I'm good with D. Fox, I just like Jerry and think he makes a great ambassador for the sport and the Kings.

I think some of you are over-reacting to Jerry Reynold's retirement and not wanting to fly. I have no doubt that the travel required to be the full-time color analyst weighs on him. But what I think he was saying in explaining his retirement is that he is tired of all the traveling and wants to have more free time. He didn't say he doesn't want to (ever) travel again. Don't you see the difference??
Regardless, I'd rather test Fox's clutch/luck with the ping pong balls!

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I think some of you are over-reacting to Jerry Reynold's retirement and not wanting to fly. I have no doubt that the travel required to be the full-time color analyst weighs on him. But what I think he was saying in explaining his retirement is that he is tired of all the traveling and wants to have more free time. He didn't say he doesn't want to (ever) travel again. Don't you see the difference??
Regardless, I'd rather test Fox's clutch/luck with the ping pong balls!
I can only speak for myself, but I was merely positing a possible reason why IF Reynolds were offered the honor, he MIGHT have declined. We don't know if it was even mentioned to him or discussed with him. They might have planned to send Fox all along. ;)

Should’ve sent John Salmons and at the last second, when our card is gonna be called for the number 1 pick, Jimmer Fredette will take Salmons’ place and we will trade down for no reason.

It's his Twitter handle so it obviously means something to him (Fox).
Once he is in top 5 of league in steals then i won't have my sensibilities bothered by his nickname....until then its like LBJ calling himslef The King while in high school. Also, nicknames id think should organically come from others and not be pushed by the athlete.

Edit: perhaps a poll thread should be created to see ifbFox should change his twitter name to somethjng creative...like...Fox

Once he is in top 5 of league in steals then i won't have my sensibilities bothered by his nickname....until then its like LBJ calling himslef The King while in high school. Also, nicknames id think should organically come from others and not be pushed by the athlete.

Edit: perhaps a poll thread should be created to see ifbFox should change his twitter name to somethjng creative...like...Fox
I have never heard how he came by his nickname, but it is more than likely that it didn't come from him. Most nicknames come from either your teammates or those you play against.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
I remember Fox addressing his nickname "Swipa" in an interview. He said he was given the name by a friend's dad because of his ability to steal the ball. He confirmed that it was a nod to "Swiper the Fox" from the children's show, Dora the Explorer.
So, has sentimental value because it was given to him by a friend's dad and it also ties to a classic children's show. Sounds like a winner to me. :) Thanks for filling in the blanks.

VF21

Super Moderator Emeritus
SME
Should’ve sent John Salmons and at the last second, when our card is gonna be called for the number 1 pick, Jimmer Fredette will take Salmons’ place and we will trade down for no reason.
We need to create a "sardonic" emoticon. ;)

Tetsujin

The Game Thread Dude
Maybe Nik Stauskas can take some time off from being the 15th man on the Brooklyn Nets to represent us.