FA: bobby Simmons

Y

y2kings

i had courtside seats for the last clipper home game where bibby hit the game winning shot with .4 on the clock...I've followed the clippers somewhat because in the nba, only the warriors might be a better source of talent that is given away haha...back to my point, bobby simmons is freaking good, he's a solid jump shooter, mid-range game that is and he's got size to play the 2-3..he might be worth the full MLE...he's going to command a lot of money, but the full MLE seems appro. for him...he could start on almost any team in the nba...what do you think about him? he would be a solid bench player here who could possible start if mobley leaves (in my opinion he's better than mobley because he has way more size and younger and more athletic)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the clippers alot, they have alot of nice players that could improve the kings roster during the offseason. Bobby Simmons is an excellent shooter, very impresive game. Not sure about his defence, but boy can he hit jump shots. Way better than Cat, younger, quicker, maybe less defence, but Bobby can hustle. Another player to consider as a possible guard/6th man (maybe 7th due to Bobby) is Mark Jaric. GP should really try to use his magic and snag one of these clippers during hte off season.

A

AriesMar27

we should trade mobley to the clippers for jaric and maggette... then trade corey somewhere for a decent big man..... and start jaric at the 2......

AriesMar27 said:
we should ...trade mobley to the clippers for jaric and maggette... then ...trade corey somewhere for a decent big man..... and start jaric at the 2......
That's a joke right? Even the Clippers wouldn't do that trade. Maggette is the best player in the trade by far, and no way would they package him with Jaric

"we should trade mobley to the clippers for jaric and maggette... then trade corey somewhere for a decent big man..... and start jaric at the 2......"

^ Magette is better then Mobley

We should trade Mobley and someone for Szcerzbiak, hes so under used in Minnesota, people forget he was an All-Star, maybe if we gave them Mobley & Williamson for Szcerzbiak and someone else.

A

AriesMar27

bbb said:
That's a joke right? Even the Clippers wouldn't do that trade. Maggette is the best player in the trade by far, and no way would they package him with Jaric
the clippers seem like they would be willing to part with him since he and bobby play the same position and corey probably wont be with the team very long.... i heard that he was being shopped around at the deadline, but of course no one bought it.....

OptimusRhyme said:
We should trade Mobley and someone for Szcerzbiak, hes so under used in Minnesota, people forget he was an All-Star, maybe if we gave them Mobley & Williamson for Szcerzbiak and someone else.

Cuttino is better than Wally. Cuttino is quicker and very good at attacking the rim. Wally is good, but not that good. If there was really such a trade we wouldnt have to pack another player for it to work.

A

AriesMar27

mobley more than likely will not be here next year..... why would he stay? maybe we could trade him back to orlando for hedo.....

I like a good trade thread as much as anyone but this one is stupid. We trade Mobley for Maggette and Jaric and then trade Maggette and keep Jaric???? WTF are you thinking??? Get rid or Jaric and start Maggette.

Second, Szcerbiak?????? No thanks.

F

Fillmoe

AriesMar27 said:
mobley more than likely will not be here next year..... why would he stay? maybe we could trade him back to orlando for hedo.....
mobley has already stated that he likes it in sacramento.... and why wouldnt he stay? do you really think he wants to go back to orlando with franchise, and go back to being second to stevey? doubt it....

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
Fillmoe said:
mobley has already stated that he likes it in sacramento.... and why wouldnt he stay? do you really think he wants to go back to orlando with franchise, and go back to being second to stevey? doubt it....
Money is always an issue.

True, and offensive SGs appear to be all the rage this summer. If a team is mad about missing out on Ray Allen, Michael Redd, or Joe Johnson, they may shell out the big bucks for the Cat.