Dwight Howard wants to play for the Kings

I'm doubtful that he's a locker room or culture fit, but the dude's built like a buick! :D
Its weird, overall he always has seemed like a fun loving guy, so don't worry about him actually being negatively disruptive. However, no matter where he has gone, his teammates have always just seemed super annoyed by him. If he wants to come over on a min contract that we could cut if he gets on players nerves, I'm good with that.

Yeah I never got that either. I know when he came in to the NBA he was pretty religious. I think he also was kinda immature, but he's like 35 now... or whatever.

HndsmCelt

Hall of Famer
I'm good. Give me a resigned Len or just play Queta if you want the big body.
I am all for giving Queta everything he needs to be successful, but that also means a strong backup behind him with experience. I agree with others Alex Len would be my first choice Dwight Howard's not such a bad idea

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
As near as I can tell, Dwight Howard's rights are not held by any NBA team; whom would y'all owe the pick to?
The picks don't get transferred, they are just forfeited. For instance, Chicago and Philly this year.

But you're right, I did jump the gun there. Since Howard is not under contract with a team currently, tampering rules apparently do not apply.

Edit - still not sure on this. If we were to actually perform "negotiations" with Howard prior to July 1 when the free agency period begins, I think that might be considered tampering even though no team owns his rights, because in principle all teams should have the same "right" to access him on July 1. It's not clear that teams are allowed to negotiate with players they don't own the rights to between the end of their season and July 1.

Last edited:
How about neither?

Plus Neemi is 23 years old, if he isn't going to be at least capable enough as a backup next year, do we need to question if he got what it takes after the last 2-3 years of GL?
I'm all for giving Queta a shot next season. However, if he isn't ready you don't give up on him. It is very normal for big men to take 3 or 4 to figure things out at the NBA level.

I don't get why a contender Miami/Boston/Suns/Clippers would not sign him for a minimum deal. Even Denver to play 10mins I think in short spurts he's fine to play.