Denver vs. San Antonio in the first round?

Can Denver Upset San Antonio?

• Yes, Even a fully effective Tim Duncan can't stop them

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Yes, but only because Duncan won't be healthy enough

Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Yes, but only because Duncan won't even be healthy enough to play

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobli can beat these scrubs by themselves

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • No, Duncan won't be 100% but he'll be enough

Votes: 6 24.0%
  • No, Duncan will be 100% and will stop them in their tracks

Votes: 2 8.0%

• Total voters
Right now it looks like Denver is matched up with San Antonio in the first round. Denver has been very hot since getting George Karl as their new coach. They are on a 22-2 roll since Feb 23 with both losses coming from Phoenix. San Antonio however is not looking so good right now. Tim Duncan is out for the rest of the season but he should be back for the playoffs, but he might not be as effective.

So what do you think? If Denver does face San Antonio, could they pull off an upset?

your poll answers aren't asking whether Denver can beat S.A., they are asking how healthy/important TD is to SA. This is, of course, an important factor in determining whether Nugz can beat Spurs, but not the ONLY one.

Simple answer to your queston: Yes, Denver can beat SA, they are playing very well right now.

Bricklayer

Don't Make Me Use The Bat
I don't think they can beat them if Duncan is healthy (think they can beat everybody in the West but San Antonio or Phoenix). But since I have no idea how healthy Duncan is yet, and that's the biggest thing in this poll or that potential matchup...I'd be guessing mroe about Tim's health than the outcome.

Can they? Sure anybody in the playoffs can.

It's guaranteed Duncan won't be 100% in the playoffs. Spurs have acknowledged that. They've said it'll take over the summer to fully rehab and get the ankle back to normal. How close to 100%, that's a big key. His lift and lateral movement will be somewhat limited. That was the problem when he came back from the ankle sprain earlier. Didn't have the lift or explosiveness. Couldn't make some of his moves as effectively and was getting blocked where normally he wouldn't. He started palying like the real TD and then down he went again. Hopefully he'll be closer to 95% than 75%.

Carmelo is too big for Bowen to stay with for 7 games. Even if Duncan is healthy, the Spurs will be hard-pressed to find a lineup that can consistently run with Denver for a whole game, let alone a full series. With Nene healthy, Denver's front line can come close to equalizing Duncan's presence, and Parker is known to fold in big playoff games.

The darkhorse is manu- he will either make or break the Spurs.