DeMarcus Cousins Watch, 2021-22 season (was: Boogie to the Bucks!)

Malone pulls Cousins before he could get that tenth rebound, but he finishes with 31/9/4/3/1, filling in for the MVP of the league. His first 30+ point game since January 22, 2018.

Nuggets now 11-1 with Cousins in the lineup.
Wait but I thought dmc was a low IQ scrub, Malone is a horrible coach and jokic was a self made mvp and is single handedly carrying the nuggets with shoes no one can ever fill? How in the world could this ever happen? :eek:

Mr. S£im Citrus

Doryphore of KingsFans.com
Staff member
Listening to the way Michael Malone and the other Nuggets talk about Cousins in the post-game presser, I feel like I may have underestimated how much playing on playoff teams, even as a roleplayer, has enhanced Cousins' reputation around the NBA. They were legit praising dude for his leadership; I can imagine some Kings Fans' heads exploding, to hear that.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Very strong first stint for Cousins, on the road, at Cleveland. Helped them turn a seven-point deficit into an eight-point lead. Has eight points, on three shots, set some good screens, to help get Bones Hyland going, and has lowkey played some surprisingly good defense. I don't know whether teams are just playing less pick and roll, or if Cousins is not getting lost, like he used to, but he's been a lot better on those plays.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Nuggets are getting whipped so bad by the Celtics that Michael Malone started his bench in the third quarter, over the starters. Then JaMychal Green got injured, leading Malone to put Jokic back in: for the first time this season, Jokic and Cousins are on the floor, at the same time.

EDIT -
It's not working.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Cousins with his worst game of the season, on a night where Denver could ill-afford for him to have a bad night: five fouls and four turnovers, in only five minutes! :eek:

Heres the real juicy bit:

If you could go back and change anything, what would you change that might have changed how you’re perceived now? Is there anything where you’re like, “Man, I should’ve just …”

I would’ve skipped my draft workout [in Sacramento].

Why is that?

What did Sac do for me? Besides say my name [draft day]. I did more for them than they did for me. That’s just being honest. Just being 100% honest. I had two owners, three GMs, seven coaches in seven years. I was there seven years. I had three GMs, two owners and seven coaches. Not much more needs to be said.
which is tough but he’s really not wrong. And it’s not much different from what HB’s said about Sac as well

7 coaches in 7 years really is unforgiveable on the face of it, and that’s without getting into PDA’s Littlefinger wanna-be antics and George Karl actively and publicly antagonizing Boogie throughout his tenure. Everyone bags on Vlade but he’s Pat Riley meets Pop compared to the Maloofery and rat ****ing that came before

Last edited:
Whatever happened he has no one to blame but himself.

Only losers looked back and blame the past. Sacramento was not an ideal team for any rookies but he and his antics have NO PLACE in basketball. I hope he never wins any trophy, which doesn't really seem like he would at this point anyway. Riding along the winners' coattail can only go so far.

Mr. S£im Citrus

Staff member
Whatever happened he has no one to blame but himself.

Only losers looked back and blame the past. Sacramento was not an ideal team for any rookies but he and his antics have NO PLACE in basketball. I hope he never wins any trophy, which doesn't really seem like he would at this point anyway. Riding along the winners' coattail can only go so far.

Capt. Factorial

trifolium contra tempestatem subrigere certum est
Staff member
Joerger deserved to be fired but not for what he was doing while Boogie was still on the team.
And Malone was being openly insubordinate to the front office. Time has proven him the best of those coaches, but at the time he was basically a nobody, and when you're basically a nobody you can't just go around trashing your boss and expect to keep your job. Even if your star player *does* like you.

Whether true or not, would have thought negative comments about the Kings would have reached saturation point by now. Like, we know the Kings have been pretty bad, no need to retweet. And players, coaches, fans getting into the NBA - or any sport - what do you expect? Maybe the Kings experience has been a little worse for some vs other franchises, but infighting, political battles, social hierarchy, player turnover, staff turnover, poorly managed injuries, dumb rich owners with suspect money, patronising unimaginative media, short careers, limited choice, broken dreams etc are as much a part of the sporting experience as are victory parades. No one is promised anything beyond an experience.

Heres the real juicy bit:

which is tough but he’s really not wrong. And it’s not much different from what HB’s said about Sac as well

7 coaches in 7 years really is unforgiveable on the face of it, and that’s without getting into PDA’s Littlefinger wanna-be antics and George Karl actively antagonizing and publicly Boogie throughout his tenure. Everyone bags on Vlade but he’s Pat Riley meets Pop compared to the Maloofery and rat ****ing that came before
Karl still has beef: