Dedmon Wants Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t really blame the guy. He was brought in to be a starter and getting a bunch of Dnp-cd. Yeah he isn’t playing up to his contract but not much worse than buddy during these last 5 games. He doesn’t have many years of his prime left to be rotting at the end of the bench on a non playoff team. Just wish he did this more quietly or was given a chance to play his way back into some playing time.
It was most likely his agent contacting Shams to get his name out to teams.

This is why overpaying for free agents is a bad idea. Unless its the missing piece needed for a championship, overpaying just increases risk for no gain.
Look at signings like Belly, Yogi and Holmes. If a player isn't willing to sign for market value, find a player who is.

Yeah
It was most likely his agent contacting Shams to get his name out to teams.
yeah you can tell it was his agent by the “multiple teams have called to inquire about his services” lol who’s calling about this bum? Phones ringing off the hook now that we know the overpaid 30 year old journeyman center is available. Oooo” lol gimme a break

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Gotta love the feeling when it’s 100% confirmed keeping Willie Cauley-Stein would have been the infinitely better choice. Lmao this team.

((I didn’t know much about Dedmon other than “He’s not Willie” but I was just as wrong as most on this one))

I don’t really blame the guy. He was brought in to be a starter and getting a bunch of Dnp-cd. Yeah he isn’t playing up to his contract but not much worse than buddy during these last 5 games. He doesn’t have many years of his prime left to be rotting at the end of the bench on a non playoff team. Just wish he did this more quietly or was given a chance to play his way back into some playing time.
Sometimes the skills are there but not the fit that maximizes them. The fit between Dedmon's skillset and the team is obviously not there right now, and I dont blame him for not wanting to spend his remaining production years riding the pine.

Yeah

yeah you can tell it was his agent by the “multiple teams have called to inquire about his services” lol who’s calling about this bum? Phones ringing off the hook now that we know the overpaid 30 year old journeyman center is available. Oooo” lol gimme a break
Don’t you see dedmon picking up the phone every time he makes a 3? ... oh wait.

Look at the man leading the potential firesale. This won’t end well. Lmao
Meh, don't really care, fully expecting we'd get decimated in value. Only a few things matter:

-Get some 1st round draft compensation
-Don't trade any future 1st round picks
-Keep Fox and Holmes
-Be weary of what long-term bad contracts we take back so we're under the cap enough to resign Holmes in a year and a half.

I'll be honest, while I initially liked the Barnes trade, he's been very underwhelming. He's often invisible. Just doesn't impact the game like he should and his salary isn't justifiable.

Swanigan is totally worthless.

Burks was a total bust.
Still Barnes is better than old JJ and zbo
Shumpert and a 2nd rounder for disgruntled George hill.
Some were bad like the ones mentioned above (Caleb and burk) but overall his trading was better than drafting.

Still Barnes is better than old JJ and zbo
Shumpert and a 2nd rounder for disgruntled George hill.
Some were bad like the ones mentioned above (Caleb and burk) but overall his trading was better than drafting.
Yea Barnes is better but now he's being paid way too much money and the team is losing. I think we came out net negative on this one.

And are you saying George Hill was a good trade? He was horrible here. Also he played here in 2017-18, he wasn't part of the Shumpert trade.

SLAB

Hall of Famer
Burks was drinking the Ramon Sessions/Dewayne Dedmon Juice during his stay here. I see his numbers and he’s usually balling on the Warriors G-League Level squad.

Burks was drinking the Ramon Sessions/Dewayne Dedmon Juice during his stay here. I see his numbers and he’s usually balling on the Warriors G-League Level squad.
Yea Burks is doing great with the Warriors. I have no idea why he went Jekyll/Hyde. Coaching? Scheme? Strangely night and day scenario.

Yea Barnes is better but now he's being paid way too much money and the team is losing. I think we came out net negative on this one.

And are you saying George Hill was a good trade? He was horrible here. Also he played here in 2017-18, he wasn't part of the Shumpert trade.
Yes. I’m saying Shumpert and a 2nd rounder for a overpaid disgruntled George hill was a good trade

The Lakers are a terrible trade partner considering their cap situation. Might be worthwhile to call Charlotte and see if they are interested in a straight up swap of Dedmon for Biyombo. The trade works on the NBA Trade Machine and Biyombo expires after this season.

His drafting has been pretty bad overall but generally his trades work out well.
8 for Bogdan+2 firsts was an incredible trade. Other than that though?

- Unprotected First round pick, Pick swaps, for cap space. Easily one of the worst trades in NBA history.

-Trading Boogie for pennies on the dollar had he dealt him the previous off-season. Or apparently taken the better offer he had 2 days prior

-Trading down from 10 for 15 and 20 only to see the 2 players we drafted at 15 and 20 no longer be apart of the long-term plan in a little over 2 years.

-Cost-controlled Justin Jackson and expiring ZBO for the right to pay Harrison Barnes $20 mil/season for extremely average production.

-Trading Shumpert, the vocal leader behind the "scores", clearly the emotional leader for a lot of the young guys looked up too for Burks and then not playing him, resigning him. Burks has been great for the Warriors this year.

-Trading Skal for Swanigan for some reason. Skal has been a really nice rotational piece for the Blazers off the bench while Swanigan looks like he won't find a way onto the floor anytime soon.

8 for Bogdan+2 firsts was an incredible trade. Other than that though?

- Unprotected First round pick, Pick swaps, for cap space. Easily one of the worst trades in NBA history.

-Trading Boogie for pennies on the dollar had he dealt him the previous off-season. Or apparently taken the better offer he had 2 days prior

-Trading down from 10 for 15 and 20 only to see the 2 players we drafted at 15 and 20 no longer be apart of the long-term plan in a little over 2 years.

-Cost-controlled Justin Jackson and expiring ZBO for the right to pay Harrison Barnes $20 mil/season for extremely average production.

-Trading Shumpert, the vocal leader behind the "scores", clearly the emotional leader for a lot of the young guys looked up too for Burks and then not playing him, resigning him. Burks has been great for the Warriors this year.

-Trading Skal for Swanigan for some reason. Skal has been a really nice rotational piece for the Blazers off the bench while Swanigan looks like he won't find a way onto the floor anytime soon.
That one was really bad and should cancel out the good grades lol. But the boogie trade, even though I hated it at the time, was a good trade considering him getting injured and us getting fox and buddy. The 10 for 15 and 20 isn’t a bad trade, just what we did with them so kinda falls under drafting. Barnes trade I think was good, you think is bad, prob call it a wash. Shump trade most say it was good. But so many things can happen down the road it’s hard to judge a trade based on so many factors down the road vs what the initial trade was.

Status
Not open for further replies.