DeAaron Fox

Seems like our Mr. Fox is a loyal guy, which bodes well for us.

I honestly do not know if this is a good or a bad thing for Fox. Loyalty is good and wanting to reward someone, who he believes is responsible for his success is awesome. But there are technicalities, tangential knowledge, and decisions that involve complex future structures where having smart, qualified professionals in your corner is an absolute must. I hope he's not sacrificing the latter. Seems to be a smart kid, so good move (until proven otherwise).

Seasons over and Fox has gone from a 30% to 37% 3 point shooter which is progress.

Fell off as the season went by but with another off-season of work should come back stronger and with a more reliable long range shot. Targeting low 40s percentage wise next season which is more than respectable.

Biggest growth point is leadership for me. Glad to see him embrace this role. The franchise will go as far as he takes us and he is the natural leader and engine room upon upon which our offense is built and facilitated

Seasons over and Fox has gone from a 30% to 37% 3 point shooter which is progress.

Fell off as the season went by but with another off-season of work should come back stronger and with a more reliable long range shot. Targeting low 40s percentage wise next season which is more than respectable.

Biggest growth point is leadership for me. Glad to see him embrace this role. The franchise will go as far as he takes us and he is the natural leader and engine room upon upon which our offense is built and facilitated
He just needs to realize every game counts. Even the ones that don’t seem like they do. Any time your team laces them up it’s competition time and the fierce competitor should always take losing personally. That’s the concern many fans have with WCS — that he doesn’t seem to want it or care as badly as other players. I felt like that same concern didn’t exist with the likes of Buddy and Swipa and likely MB3, but De’Aaron’s recent comments and attitude after the Portland game were alarming to me. I hope it doesn’t become the norm for him.

He just needs to realize every game counts. Even the ones that don’t seem like they do. Any time your team laces them up it’s competition time and the fierce competitor should always take losing personally. That’s the concern many fans have with WCS — that he doesn’t seem to want it or care as badly as other players. I felt like that same concern didn’t exist with the likes of Buddy and Swipa and likely MB3, but De’Aaron’s recent comments and attitude after the Portland game were alarming to me. I hope it doesn’t become the norm for him.
In light of the Joerger firings, perhaps his controversial "tweet" was cryptic expression of frustration that HIS opinions etc fall on deaf ears like everyone elses

Low 40s is extremely unlikely and unreasonable. Only 7 pgs in the league shot 40% or better this year in the league. Fox shot 72.7% from FT this year, he's not a good shooter at this stage yet. His target should be maintaining a 37% with more 3pt attempts. Here's 3pt % references from this year in comparison to Fox.

Curry: 43.7 810 attempts
Irving 40.1 434 attempts
Fox 37.1 232 attempts
Lillard 36.9 643 attempts
Conley 36.4 426 attempts
Kemba 35.6 731 attempts

He had great progress this year with his 3pt shooting. I wouldn't be surprised to see his 3pt % dip next season, but I think it's important for him to just keep shooting more. It's a 3pt shooting league.